Perversion of Liberty

Emrys said:
Hmm, no I don't, Oh well since he was just human he made some stupid comments too.

It's only stupid when you don't know what he meant. ;)

Abaddon said:
I think he was a disturbed *******,but i don't hate him. Besides,he's dead.

which I would prefer god to be also

War Lord said:
ahhh the old excuse. If it's stupid you just don't understand it... pretty much sums up christianity imho.

Abaddon said:

I don't believe in God so jesus is nothing more than a human being with a few good ideas to me.

Emrys said:
ahhh the old excuse. If it's stupid you just don't understand it... pretty much sums up christianity imho.

Think outside the box.

Abaddon said:
I think he was a disturbed *******,but i don't hate him. Besides,he's dead.
Well, you may be one of these enlightened people who never hate and think there's no such thing as "evil", etc.

I hate a lot of people, and there are people who no longer exist, but I still hate what they stood for, the sound of their voice, things they supposedly said, their personalities,...thinking about them bugs me, the thought of them repels me, even though they are no longer around, etc.

Like I said before, We know JarJar Binks is not real, but I hate him.
I know the God of the Bible doesn't exist, but I hate him, as a character.

Emrys said:

If you mean that you don't understand Christianity, I agree with you.

War Lord said:
If you mean that you don't understand Christianity, I agree with you.
If you mean that I understan christianity as a devisive cult that propagates the use of force to spread its meassage and creates disharmony between human beings then I think I understand it just fine.

That aside, I would have absolutely no qualm to give my whole family the boot if they became christians. If you're christian you're not part of my family anymore, period.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Well, you may be one of these enlightened people who never hate and think there's no such thing as "evil", etc.

Along those lines,yes. Disliking people is another thing.

I hate a lot of people, and there are people who no longer exist, but I still hate what they stood for, the sound of their voice, things they supposedly said, their personalities,...thinking about them bugs me, the thought of them repels me, even though they are no longer around, etc.

I can understand that. There are plenty of people who've done horrible ****ed up things that I dislike. They generally don't inspire a great animosity in me unless I've met them or seen them do those things. If they're dead, they're just not that important anymore. All the damage has been done.

I know the God of the Bible doesn't exist, but I hate him, as a character.

Old Testament God or New Testament God? Because really, they seem like disparate characters.

War Lord said:
Not necessarily. Maybe he just said stupid things, but you're more apt to believe in his possibly foundless authority.

A devout follower of Jim Jones or Charles Manson or L.Ron Hubbard would say the exact same thing. "It only seems "stupid" to you because you don't "get it"."

Doesn't mean they're right, doesn't mean you're right.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Not necessarily. Maybe he just said stupid things, but you're more apt to believe in his possibly foundless authority.

A devout follower of Jim Jones or Charles Manson or L.Ron Hubbard would say the exact same thing. "It only seems "stupid" to you because you don't "get it"."

Doesn't mean they're right, doesn't mean you're right.

Which is why you need context, because without context, you're bound to be misunderstood.

War Lord said:
Which is why you need context, because without context, you're bound to be misunderstood.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about "abomination" "lying with "men like with women" and " they surely must be put to death". Evil words by evil religions.

jonty said:

Right, that's why, having read the entire Bible 5 times, I have little respect for "Christians" who've only retained the memory of the big, well-known and nice verses like John 3:16, etc.

I can find a sweet verse from any religious text, you have to study it in it's entirety to get the whole view on the merits of the religion that holds that particular group of writings to be "sacred".

Emrys said:
I don't see what's so hard to understand about "abomination" "lying with "men like with women" and " they surely must be put to death". Evil words by evil religions.

More like anachronistic beliefs written by bigots and passed off as holy.:confused:

Lol, why can people not get this? :confused:

If it says "Thus saith the Lord..." in the Bible, or God is speaking in the first person ("I, the Lord your God tell you to..."), the claim is that it was NOT faulty humans that said it. The claim is that it was the Creator of the Universe that said it.

So, if you don't really believe it was the Creator that said it, then there is no reason to believe ANYthing with a "Thus saith the Lord..." was actually the Creator speaking.

Why is the statue of liberty holding that lower case "T"? Is it "time for abortions"?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Lol, why can people not get this? :confused:

If it says "Thus saith the Lord..." in the Bible, or God is speaking in the first person ("I, the Lord your God tell you to..."), the claim is that it was NOT faulty humans that said it. The claim is that it was the Creator of the Universe that said it.

So, if you don't really believe it was the Creator that said it, then there is no reason to believe ANYthing with a "Thus saith the Lord..." was actually the Creator speaking.

Yes,I agree.:confused:

Lower case T....

Time To Go??

I don't really think of this as a big deal. It's completely rediculous and stupid and moronic. But it's only a statue. Let the dumb bastards have it. The only thing that bothers me is that so much money was spent on the mess.

It. Looks. Stupid. Didn't anyone tell them??

But like I said... it ain't a big deal.

great point.
If Jesus was around he'd be pissed that they spent all of that money on a statue when they could've used it to feed, clothe and shelter poor people.
PEE-yissed.

I want to draw a moustache on their statue. Maybe a goatee, even...or a van dyke! :o

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"