Comics Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Returns!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they or aren't they bringing back Superior in some form?

Not that I know of, although there is the current "Superior Octopus" storyline that's about to start.

He remembers nothing after about the halfway mark.

Good call, you're totally correct on that. I've honestly tried to bleach any Spider-Verse-related storylines and plot points from my mind.

Thats why I said earlier, it dod nothing for Otto. And just erased a year of stories.
It was a bad arc that got decent towards the end, but it undid itself in the last issue

We're probably getting way too off-topic here, but that's where I definitely disagree.

I felt Superior started out extremely strongly and lost momentum as it went.

Thats why I said earlier, it dod nothing for Otto. And just erased a year of stories.
It was a bad arc that got decent towards the end, but it undid itself in the last issue

How did it do nothing for Otto and erase years of stories? What stories got erased exactly? And how did it undo itself in the last issue? Explain all of this in great detail, please, because none of it makes any sense to me.

How did it do nothing for Otto and erase years of stories? What stories got erased exactly? And how did it undo itself in the last issue? Explain all of this in great detail, please, because none of it makes any sense to me.

Is there a Superior thread?
I'll discuss it there...
Don't want to bog this one down anymore.

Read The 1st issue. Wasn't anything great or memorable.
But, idk... look forward to seeing Teresa's arc playing out.

Not that I know of, although there is the current "Superior Octopus" storyline that's about to start.

Ah yeah that's it. I remember reading a snippet about the return of Ock in another superior story. Wasn't too thrilled about it. I want some good spider-man stories again. On that note...

I read the 1st issue of this series and I thought it was decent. I guess maybe I was hoping for something different. I dunno. The banter was great though and the humor was definitely on point. I didn't even mind all the cameos. Kubert's art was ok. Not as good as I seem to remember from some of his past work. And without spoiling much...I get the sense that the 'new character' is just another doomed to fail relationship. First issue gets a C+

So I did a review of Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1, and I have to say that I found it enjoyable. I do think, at the very least, it worked in setting the tone. You what would've made it better? If it had an actual story to go along with it!

Stillanerd Reviews: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1 review

Aloha,
I also thought it set a very retro Spidey tone(in a good way). Wasn't Theresa first introduced in the graphic novel Family Business?
Spidey rules
Am_Spider-Man_Family-Bus.jpg

Picked up this Artgerm variant from KRS comics about a month ago. Just got it in the mail today. I tried my best to capture how great this artwork is and how vivid the coloring is but imo the pic doesn't do it justice. I also picked up the Campbell variants but those I won't get till probably the first half of July. But I'll post them once I do.

ZNcfNEtr.jpg

Daaayyyyuuuummm. That makes no sense, but looks awesome. Love the Deadpool/X-23/MJ look. The art is amazing.

Daaayyyyuuuummm. That makes no sense, but looks awesome. Love the Deadpool/X-23/MJ look. The art is amazing.

Yeah I have no idea why the artist mixed deadpool with X23 but I really love the artwork. It's one of the 30 or so variants that were made for MJ month. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure they have more for sale at KRS comics. The color variant I bought was only like $10 plus tax and shipping.

I didn't even notice the claws!
Hell, she's the Deadpool from X-Men: Origins: Wolverine!
:p

No, I'm fairly certain the dual blades coming out of the hands is pulled from X-23. Deadpool in Origins just had the one long blade like a samurai sword.

Yeah I have no idea why the artist mixed deadpool with X23 but I really love the artwork. It's one of the 30 or so variants that were made for MJ month. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure they have more for sale at KRS comics. The color variant I bought was only like $10 plus tax and shipping.

Didn't even know there was a MJ month. Shows how little I follow comics these days. May look into picking this one up.

No, I'm fairly certain the dual blades coming out of the hands is pulled from X-23. Deadpool in Origins just had the one long blade like a samurai sword.

I think he's referring more to the Deadpool/X-23 mash up being similar to what happened to Deadpool in Origins rather than the exact details.

The little Spidey symbol on the belt is pretty cute too.

I think he's referring more to the Deadpool/X-23 mash up being similar to what happened to Deadpool in Origins rather than the exact details.

Pretty much. I was trying to make a joke of it, but, I guess I failed.
:csad:

Didn't even know there was a MJ month. Shows how little I follow comics these days. May look into picking this one up.

Just like the month prior, Marvel had a bunch of 'Venom' variants for all their comics, they made June MJ month. Here's a link to what I believe is most of the covers--I think there's a few that aren't on there including the one I posted from Stanley Lau (Artgerm) and the Avengers covers by JSC.

But yeah, as soon as I saw this particular one, I bought it immediately.

http://www.cbr.com/mary-jane-watson-june-variants/

The little Spidey symbol on the belt is pretty cute too.

Pretty much. I was trying to make a joke of it, but, I guess I failed.
:csad:

Oops. My bad. Sorry, I misinterpreted what was going on...ruined the joke.

As promised here are pics of the JSC variants I purchased. I just got them in the mail today. They should have been here a week ago but there was a printing issue that delayed mailing the order.

DzVBBat.jpg

Aloha,
I also thought it set a very retro Spidey tone(in a good way). Wasn't Theresa first introduced in the graphic novel Family Business?
Spidey rules
Am_Spider-Man_Family-Bus.jpg
I chose to read this issue before starting with PP:TSSM, and I'm happy I did.
"Don't make it a superhero movie, we need escapism" line is funny.

Has anyone read the 2nd issue yet? My goodness was it downright awful. So many cringe worthy moments, the story was crap, the humor was really bad and it made Peter look ridiculous. Zdarsky is actually worse at writing Peter/Spider-Man than Slott. Even Kubert's art was lacking. Well, it didn't take very long for this book to suck...I give it a D-

I read it, and it leaves threads dangling.
I want to know how and why Kingpin returned after he was presumed killed in Spider-Man's raid on his hideout? And I don't know how Theresa got her memory of his identity back.

I read it, and it leaves threads dangling.
I want to know how and why Kingpin returned after he was presumed killed in Spider-Man's raid on his hideout? And I don't know how Theresa got her memory of his identity back.

Kingpin's been back for a while.
He's in Secret Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"