Gotham Peyton List is Poison Ivy

I'm also confused about this change.

But... why??? They said that the new Ivy is one step closer to comic book Ivy, but what is the difference between Maggie and Peyton List that made them recast? Peyton List isn’t much older or sexier, even if they want to make Ivy Jim’s love interest (I’d rather have mentally 16-year-old Ivy be Jim’s LI than seeing a 30-year-old actress playing Bruce’s LI), Maggie CAN play Jim’s LI. Like what in hell is the difference between the two actresses’ age, appearance, sexiness, etc. that made them insist on recasting?

But... why??? They said that the new Ivy is one step closer to comic book Ivy, but what is the difference between Maggie and Peyton List that made them recast? Peyton List isn’t much older or sexier, even if they want to make Ivy Jim’s love interest (I’d rather have mentally 16-year-old Ivy be Jim’s LI than seeing a 30-year-old actress playing Bruce’s LI), Maggie CAN play Jim’s LI. Like what in hell is the difference between the two actresses’ age, appearance, sexiness, etc. that made them insist on recasting?
We don't know.

All we know is the people running this show don't respect this show.

After having read about what one Gotham producer said recently about Jerome's character and progression, I stopped taking anything seriously.

Still think this show is quite solid, but the people behind it are gravely misguided and prone to a lot of mistakes.

Yeah, I stopped taking anything they say that's not proven by the show itself seriously. It's obvious a lot of ideas they have change at the last minute or get switched around.

Why are they wanting to movie Ivy so quickly and have her evolve into "Poison Ivy". At this rate she'll be in her 40s by the time Bruce first becomes Batman and in her 50s not long after. Why start the character out as the same age as Bruce/Selena only to have her rocket past them so quickly.

Thing is though, in the Gothamverse it's very much implied Bruce will turn into Batman earlier than he usually does.

I wonder if, going on Bruce for a second, we'll ever see him actually scared by a bat. He's got all the proto-Batman stuff going on, but he's yet to get his symbol.

I wonder if, going on Bruce for a second, we'll ever see him actually scared by a bat. He's got all the proto-Batman stuff going on, but he's yet to get his symbol.

It will be strange at this point in time to have Bruce frightened by a mere bat, considering all that has happened to Bruce so far.
I mean how much scarier can a bat be than him being kidnapped by Jerome or Bruce killing Alfred?

Well, he has to get the symbol somehow. Unless in this continuity, Bruce isn't frightened by bats and they inspire him some other way.

Well, he has to get the symbol somehow. Unless in this continuity, Bruce isn't frightened by bats and they inspire him some other way.

Personally, I hope the show delays the symbolism for as long as they can.

But they could just have a bat just randomly fly in an open window and Bruce sees it. Like shown in Detective Comics #33.

Personally, I hope the show delays the symbolism for as long as they can.

But they could just have a bat just randomly fly in an open window and Bruce sees it. Like shown in Detective Comics #33.

LOL, do a scene where Bruce is trying to decide what creature of the night is his alternate identity, Mothman, Catman, Owlman, and the bat flies in. "That's it, Batman!"

Ugh another recast but I think List is a good actress

Oh I got confused. There's 2 Payton lists. This one is not the 19yo Disney actress.

Yeah, that one's ironically dating Cameron Monaghan. :funny:

If I had to choose between the two, I'd have chosen the 19 year old one, (weren't they originally trying to pass off Maggie Geha's Ivy as only being age enhanced to 18 years old.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"