Sequels Phase out MJ

DieSmiling

Can't Be Stopped
Reaction score
Anyone else think it wouldn't be the worst idea to phase out Mary Jane? Stick with Gwen Stacy (who would die at the hands of a villain) or bring in the Black Cat? Solves the Dunst problem, and that relationship... Eh, I'm tired of it and I haven't even seen the third movie yet.

I would hate it if MJ was phased out. It would make all of the drama from the first 3 movies completely pointless, I think.

It would not bother me one bit. Its been entertaining and fun for three movies. In SM1 we saw him wanting the girl but decided it was best not to be with her fearing for her life. In Sm2 we saw him finally want to be with her only to watch her move on with another man but finally found a way to be with her. In sm3 they finally have each other and a solid relationship only to be tested by the very things that he feared could tear them apart. But through it all they battle the outside forces and remain with each other. So what is the next step marriage? Kid? New house? How much more adversity do we need to see with these two. People find love and break up all the time. Just because the story was all about MJ don't mean they should stay together for six movies. Felicia hardy is interesting and Gwen is already there so if they move on from her so be it.

Takign her out would cheapen the first three movies and ruin the driving force behind the series besides the cool SFX.

I say make her less whiney but more doubtful in the sequel and let them be ready to take the next step but being afraid of what the future brings. Then let them see what a super-powered alter-ego can do a family (enter Lizard) and have them struggle through a test of staying together when the stakes get hard (Kraven burying Spidey alive?) and at the end allow them to finally be married.

You ask, where to go from there? Well that is a good point. I really only see room for one more great Spider-Man movie. I mean you can make 5 or 6 but the next one needs to put their love to the test and let them come out unphased. After that an adult Peter married works in long term stories but in singular movies? It'll become more about the villains and SFX if there is a 5 and 6.

Personally I think the next movie, much like Spider-Man 2, writes itself and can be very good in the right hands (which I hope is Sam, Alvin, Tobey, Kirsten and Bill Pope). But if you phase out MJ, sure you can renew the series for another three installments but it cheapens the first three and still loses the point of the series, just in a whole more ackward and boring way.

one of the first lines(maybe the first?) was something like "this story like all stories is a story about a girl... that girl, Mary Jane Watson"

^yeah exactly,it would be kind of odd that the whole story revolved around him trying to get MJ and suddenly...shes gone,they can still bring in felicia(i want them too) and she could get in between mj and pete or something

..and this is one of the things that works against these movies. They tried to cover too much ground in 3 movies when they should have aired these characters out more, exploring relationships and whatnot. For 3 movies that method isn't the worst idea but if they plan on making upto 6 movies, its horrible.

I could care less if they break up. Peter gives in to the temptations of the sexy and sensuous Black Cat. That would be the bomb.

Yeah...for 13 yesr-olds it would rock. They already tried the other lady angle in 3 with Gwen...they're still together. Make them stronger and have them face one last hurdle towards marriage and Lizard could double that arc well and Spidey being buried alive could put their engagement to the test.

But replacing her out of the blue after 3 is just...lame. Stick with the Bond movies.

Yeah...for 13 yesr-olds it would rock. They already tried the other lady angle in 3 with Gwen...they're still together. Make them stronger and have them face one last hurdle towards marriage and Lizard could double that arc well and Spidey being buried alive could put their engagement to the test.

But replacing her out of the blue after 3 is just...lame. Stick with the Bond movies.
Black Cat is a completely different character in terms of personality and the storyline she brings involving Peter and the temptations she brings. She would play on Peter and Spiderman not knowing they are the same. Its something different. She wouldn't be the good schoolgirl angel Gwen is and that symbiote Peter is using only to make MJ jealous in this movie. Black Cat could be that interesting obstacle for them or MJ could be out completely. MJ does not have to be there during the course of the francise. All about one girl and losing that one girl can happen as well.

This is silly... MJ, and her relationship is the emotional heart of the series... take her out and all you have is a cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"