World Philly Wizard World Con!!!

AmazingSpidey

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi guys, what's up!!!
I have been browsing this board for months, lots of great ideas and costumes I've seen here!

Some of you may know me from other boards and such, I was wondering...any of you Superhero fans going to the Wizard Con in Philly coming up!? Hope to see you there!!:spidey:

yup. my home town, so naturally I'll be there

Hey,
What costumes are you guys doing, if any? A Spidey group would be cool to see! You know, different Spidey duds and villains, too!!:spidey:

I have never seen a decent looking Spoider-Man costume. In fact, 99.999% of all superhero costumes I have seen look like crap. Anime fans have a much better sucess rate, they actually manage to look good most of the time.

I've seen some great superhero costumes, have you been to many cons!?

Elijya said:
I have never seen a decent looking Spoider-Man costume. In fact, 99.999% of all superhero costumes I have seen look like crap. Anime fans have a much better sucess rate, they actually manage to look good most of the time.

I used to think that too. I've only seen the costumes on the internet though. These guys did really awesome ones. http://www.gothampublicworks.com/

Here's a pic of my "ultimate Spidey" look...

Spideycomicsuit.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality, errr or lack of...

Hey Elijya,
Just curious, what would a decent superhero costume look like?:spidey:

the one's JEsus linked to were pretty good

That means you have never seen me at the Philly Cons and I do the spider and a couple others, you sure you can say they all look like crap?

I have come to Philly Con and the other majors across country for about 5 years now, and I get some great reviews on what I wear.

WalMartSpidey6.jpg

CC04VenomAlien.jpg

those don't look too bad, btu noi, I haven't seen you.

The principle problem though is that most Superhero costumes inherently look silly when portrayed in real life. That's why most movies change things. I can certainly suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy a film like Superman or Spider-Man, but when it comes down to brass tacks, you still gotta say to yourself "this is some fruit in red and blue pajamas."

When dealing with costuming I always say to each their own. But to talk it is one thing, but to walk it is totally another thing.

I REALLY REALLY want to go in a Scarlet Spider costume. Problem is....I don't have one.

So I'll probably just wear my Punisher t-shirt and register my name for the convention as Frank Castle. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"