Wizard World Philly

CaptainStacy said:
That would be a good way to sate the Ghost Rider fans who are begging for a new GR book (like me)....

Ghost_Rider_1.jpg

Ghost_Rider_2.jpg

Ghost_Rider_1_int_2.jpg

Ghost_Rider_1_int.jpg

I didn't notice at first that the Thing ongoing is now a miniseries. Maybe Marvel is just being careful with it, and if it sells well enough it'll become an ongoing book.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, Crain's art is pretty sweet.

Crain is good, but who's the colorist? ...and I wonder if they used a computer

With Ennis writing, I'm very tempted to pick that up...although I gotta admit, if that was Gaiman's marvel project, I'd be having an orgasm :o

Crain's a digital painter, from what I understand. I'll probably pick it up just to see how the angels tie in.

THE THING (launching in Nov.) is an ONGOING title.

Honest. No foolin'. Comin' at you each and every month. NOT a mini. A monthly book. Really. I kid you not. One will come out, another will follow a month later, and so on and so and so on. And so on. And so on and so on. For as long as we can. Yes, it is a regular title. I stand by this statement whole-heartedly, without any reservation. Twenty Two pages of goodness... then-- BAM-- four/five weeks later... Twenty two MORE pages of Benjamin J. Grimm. A book by me and Adrea Divito. Starring the Thing.

...and it'll be fun.

Did I mention it's monthly?
:)

ttyl
Dan

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Will it tie to the core FF book in any way?

Thank you, Mr. Slott! I guarantee my readership.

Thanks, Dan. I'm looking forward to it even more. :up: DiVito's Thing, much like his Thor and Bill, is looking great, too. He's got a really smooth style.

Was it DiVito who did the art on Brubaker's Spidey What If? I liked that.

Yeah.

I liked the story too, too many what ifs have a miserable ending but this one actually ended on a positive note.

Yeah, it was nice. I don't know, I kind of expected a little more because it was Brubaker, but it was still good. The happy ending was refreshing, too.

if someone gets a chance, please post a pic of Divito's Ben Grimm. (it's six bloody months 'til November, and i can't wait!)

Anyone else disappointed that the FF movie Thing doesn't have his signature brow ridge? It ruins his whole look. :(

The book will reflect events in JMS and McKone's FF book.

:thing:
ttyl
Dan

I love the random hints Dan pops in to drop. Thanks again. :)

I have to admit, those Ghost Rider pics look ****ing awesome :up:

Hopefully, the mini will lead into a regular ongoing for the character :confused: :)

I'm really intrigued to see what Ennis does with Ghost Rider. I don't like the fact that he's throwing out past continuity, but I'm still pretty intrigued...

The art has me pretty intrigued, plus Ennis did pretty well with bringing back the Punisher from relative crappiness. Here's hoping he does the same with GR :up:

So does The Thing pic!

So Dan; any old-school "Thing pals" showing up? (Wyatt Wingfoot, Quasar, Thundra, Impossible Man)...

Quasar would be awesome... and I gotta say it: Ben does have a previous run-in with Damage Control, Inc. on record. Any chance of more? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"