Wizard World Philly

I'd love to see Wyatt and Thundra! Impy, too.

Divito's Ben reminds me of Perez's great FF run from way back.

God DAMN those Ghost Rider pics are awesome!

Looking forward to The Thing, Dan.

That JMS Spiderman/MJ story is pretty cool. Can't wait to read it.

Maybe Jess' baby is Scott's...

CaptainStacy said:
So does The Thing pic!

So Dan; any old-school "Thing pals" showing up? (Wyatt Wingfoot, Quasar, Thundra, Impossible Man)...

So who IS Wyatt Wingfoot? He was one of the main characters in the future story Earth X and I know I've heard the name before but I could never place him.

JewishHobbit said:
So who IS Wyatt Wingfoot? He was one of the main characters in the future story Earth X and I know I've heard the name before but I could never place him.

he's one of those old school sattelite characters...he helped out the X-men a time or two...Last I seen of him was during the Mutant massacre....I think he dated She-Hulk too

TheCorpulent1 said:
Anyone else disappointed that the FF movie Thing doesn't have his signature brow ridge? It ruins his whole look. :(
yeah,it makes him look too human.It doesn't help that he sounds like a ****** either.

JewishHobbit said:

Yeah, he's sort of to the FF what Rick Jones was to the Hulk and Avengers and Captain Marvel and Rom and, well, just about everybody. Helped out the FF plenty and dated She-Hulk for a few years.

The Thing mini, errr, I mean ongoing sound great. I've been clammoring for a Thing solo title since his last one ended(that's almost twenty years of clammoring, kids!!). Looking forward to this more than any other title this year. I assume from previous posts, Mr. Slott, that Project Pegasus is involved somehow, yes? Anyway, can't wait.

As far as the FF movie Thing, Corp, it's grown on me some. I'd much rather have that than some CGI BS. Can't stand that stuff, makes every movie look like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

euroq said:
Pulse #11
Doesn't Wolvie look like he should join the GLA in this pic?

And I don't mean the Great Lakes Avengers. :o

The Doom origin sounds awesome and I'm thinking it'll be Bendis and Maleev on a Moon Knight mini.

Bwahahahaa, I just have to quote one ****** from Spider-Man board,
re: jms comments from ww philly

Adrian_Tepes said:
But of course.

I wonder if anyone else noticed his continued treatment of female characters with May. Here's a woman who just lost her home which was in many respects her last link with her husband and their lives together among other things to criminal destruction...

...And she IMMEDIATELY hops in bed with Jarvis a character already proven to be less than faithful to the group to which her nephew is a member of.

Anybody else get that?

:D :D :D

twinkle said:
Bwahahahaa, I just have to quote one ****** from Spider-Man board,
re: jms comments from ww philly

:D :D :D
hee hee

Aren't message boards great? Don't we all want people on message boards to influence the writers and creators of our favourite characters? ;)

he's gonna die a virgin isn't he? :(

Sabretooth said:
yeah,it makes him look too human.It doesn't help that he sounds like a ****** either.

He looks the way The Thing looked in Fantastic Four #1

Dear lord, it's thunder gay...

untitled77vn.gif

Heh, Adrian_Tepes, he's pretty special.

Marvel’s panel dealing with the Ultimate side of things has wrapped. Hosted by Marvel’s Marketing Manager, John Dokes, with Ultimate office editors Nick Lowe and John Barber fielding questions, the panel itself was peppered with news, but leaned heavily towards attendees asking about their favorite characters or possible Ultimate versions of their favorite characters.

On with the bullet points, then…

• In the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual, Spider-Man gets a new girlfriend – someone who has appeared in the series prior, but would be about the last person fans would expect to come back and be a girlfriend.

• In showing the cover of Ultimate Fantastic Four #21, the panelists implied that they weren’t supposed to show the image, which appears to be an Ultimate version of Reed Richards looking at his 616 counterpart through a hi-tech looking glass. No further details were given on the possible story arc, entitled “Crossover.”

• Also, in Mark Millar and Greg Land’s Ultimate Fantastic Four story, the team is sent to stop time-traveling terrorists who have gone back in time, intent on squashing humankind’s distant ancestor just as it crawls out of the ocean.

• Brian K. Vaughn’s upcoming “Magnetic North” arc in Ultimate X-Men will be his last solo arc, and deal with the Ultimate version of Polaris and the return of Magneto. Why “solo,” you may ask? After “Magnetic North,” X-Men director Bryan Singer’s arc will kick off, and Vaughan will co-write it with the director.

• Along the lines of “will we ever see…” questions, in regards to Ultimate Apocalypse, Barber said there will be a good chance before Brian Vaughan is done with his time on the series, implying that the character might show up during his and Singer’s time on the title.

• On the business side of the Ultimate Universe, Dokes confirmed that there will be a corresponding Barnes & Noble edition of an Ultimate X-Men hardcover volume like the Ultimate Spider-Man volume published by B&N. While details were light, the Ultimate Spider-Man version collected the first 39 issues of the series, running 992 pages (and is now currently being remaindered for about $25 at stores).

• In regards to Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, the Ultimate versions of these characters will show up in the “Warriors” arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, beginning in issue #79.

Marcdachamp said:
God DAMN those Ghost Rider pics are awesome!

Looking forward to The Thing, Dan.

That JMS Spiderman/MJ story is pretty cool. Can't wait to read it.

Maybe Jess' baby is Scott's...

Nah..

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Pulse 11 apparently introduces Jessica and Luke's baby to the Marvel Universe. The panel assured the audience that the baby's skin tone was only Caucasian because the cover art was still in development. "We used the Marvel stunt baby." The Cage-Jones family are surrounded by the Avengers, with Captain America looking bemused and Wolverine looking outright frightened.
[/font]

I Hate to Be Proven Wrong I:
I'm on record many times as saying how I don't like painted art in comics.....

...but that Ghost Rider looks pretty darn good.

I Hate to Be Proven Wrong II:

I've never thought the Thing series of the past were all that good. MTIO was ,imo, a pale imitation of MTU, which had some really good stories. When it morphed into Thing, it was better, but not great. NEVERTHELESS, Dan has yet to disappoint. And the preview art looks good too. If they haven't already, Marvel better lock up DS to an exclusive contract, or they'll be regretting it.

I'll be picking up both of these titles.

Things of interest:
- JMS' ASM plans and possible Marvel tv-series
- Brubaker's Doom mini
- Exiles visiting 2099 (can they time travel too now?) and the New Universe
- The birth of Jessica's baby (is that cover an homage to some DC cover? it seems strangely familiar)
- The Thing ongoing

I wish they would have announced Gaiman's next Marvel project already. :(

...and who's taking over Daredevil. :(

I don't like the fact that Doc Ock and GG seem to be on that Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man cover. They were the two most overused villains of like all last year and they already appeared together in their last appearance.:(

I'm pretty sure they're just on the cover.

I think Ill pick up that Thing series. But, not to offend Dan Slott or anything, but how can there be any hope that itll last past issue 12? Really, 18 at most.:(

Doom sounds cool:up:

We'll see about Ghost Rider. Im not saying I dont think itll be good, but I dont think its something Id pick up regularly. Still, hope it does well. Ennis hasnt really done much outside Punisher at Marvel, so its good to see him do some more stuff.

I like the Pulse cover, its pretty funny, as i guess it should be. But i guess its not gonna be the final cover (unless they just color the baby brown:()

Overall, good stuff, though.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"