phoenix face still...?!

perdev145

Civilian
Reaction score
has anyone managed to capture a shot of the phoenix face that every one keeps referring to? the only thing i can tell by the clips is that her eyes go black...but hear people talk about veiny-ness and stuff and was just wondering...thanks!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't wanna see it.
That's one thing I wanna see for the first time on the big screen.

Here it is,but I doubt these are the final effects:

cap1410bw3hm.jpg

So, she looks exactly like Dark Willow...except a completely different person, hair color, hair style, and costume, and power levels? And I don't recall Dark Willow having a weird flame/glint in her eyes.

And people are *****ing about similarities because...

The Guard said:
So, she looks exactly like Dark Willow...except a completely different person, hairstyle, and costume?

I think people are complaining not so much because of Dark Willow resemblance but because they want the Phoenix to have the flame effects in her eyes like she did in X2, for continuity's sake.

And yeah, some people also say that she's supposed to be scary but beautiful.

I didn't say you. I said "people".

I think people are complaining not so much because of Dark Willow resemblance but because they want the Phoenix to have the flame effects in her eyes like she did in X2, for continuity's sake.

But in X2, she was "Phoenix". Here she's "Dark Phoenix". :)

She looks pretty hot to me.

If its one thing you learn here, its that the Guard will have complicated excuses for anything.

The Guard said:
So, she looks exactly like Dark Willow...except a completely different person, hair color, hair style, and costume, and power levels? And I don't recall Dark Willow having a weird flame/glint in her eyes.

because its stupid and rather cheap to have the big oh-so-special Phoenix effect be "DarK Willow eyes", especially since theyre completely different people with different hair colors, styles and costumes.

thanks alot! i agree with the...in x2 she was phoenix, now she's dark phoenix thing...i think thats one of the best and most subtles ways to show the difference...some versions of the comics had it...ultimate x-menfor example...and sometimes when rachel grey would go on her phoenix trip

shadowy_blue said:

Well, maybe it's like the poster above said that the FX aren't final. I'm just going to wait and see what the final print is going to be like to know for certain how Dark Phoenix turns out. It would be nice if the black eyes swirled with fire though, like sunspots.

Dark Willow would get her a**kicked! End of story. Jean aka Dark Phoenix killed over 5 billion lives on the d'bari planet by turning it into a sun instantly. Dark willow wouldn't stand a chance.

One should never underestimate magic.

Willow has to think of spells, before using her magic. Jean would know what she was thinking before Willow could do anything. Jean's telepathy and Telekinesis, go hand in hand. Jean also has psychokinesis. Jean would kill Dark willow.

Willow could conceivably find a way to mask her thoughts and a magic shield strong enough can protect you from anything. I'm not sayign she's stronger then Pheonix, but she could definetely put up a fight if we're talking about the movie version of the character.

no1phoenixfan said:
Willow has to think of spells, before using her magic. Jean would know what she was thinking before Willow could do anything. Jean's telepathy and Telekinesis, go hand in hand. Jean also has psychokinesis. Jean would kill Dark willow!

I hated Dark willow she was a wannabe trying to be Dark Phoenix. Dark Phoenix could just think it and it turns into instant reality.

Dark Willow doesn't have to say anything or much to make things happen, she can also read thoughts before they are put into action.

But I'm not taking sides I love both characters.

Lady Vader ... fair enough maybe movie version and Dark willow tv version would be a good fight.

Angelus.. that's what Jean has done as Dark phoenix she could read people's thoughts even before they could react, and that was in the year 1980.. that was a while ago way... way... before Dark Willow was created. Joss whedon must of loved Chris Claremont's and John Byrne's Dark phoenix to create willow, for the tv. series Buffy the Vampire slayer. Let's just say Dark phoenix and Dark willow their equal.

Dark Phoenix could demolecuralize Dark Willow before the witch has time to say "Abra cadabra".:o

Which Dark Pheonix? Comic book Dark Pheonix?
I don't think it's fair to compare a comic book character to a live action character. It's easy to portray a character blowing up planets and such in a comic book but in TV you have to work with what you are given, and as such Willow isn't an inherently weaker character. She's just limited by her medium.

As far as movie Pheonix goes, I haven't seen her in action yet so the debate is still open.

Lady Vader you weren't talking to me were you? I don't want to be misunderstood. Also i was just saying that joss whedon must of loved Chris Claremont's and John byrne's character to be inspired to create a character like Willow. I also looked at buffy having some Jean traits at least in some personality. I'm not saying there was anything wrong with it.

What i mean to say is
Although i do think Jean's character in the movie will be somewhat different than comic version. Ladyvader you're right though it is hard to say until we see the movie.

EvilWillow.jpg
EvilWillow.jpg
cap1410bw3hm.jpg

There are some significant similarities. However, to be fair, Dark Phoenix's eyes are much more nuanced, in terms of being almost like oily fire rather then just black. The veins look a helluva lot more realistic on Dark Phoenix, obviously. Lastly, the bronze tint to Famke's face looks amazing. Not to mention, that while I love Willow, you have Famke wearing this **** and she does carry it totally differently than Willow does.

FieryBalrog said:
If its one thing you learn here, its that the Guard will have complicated excuses for anything.

because its stupid and rather cheap to have the big oh-so-special Phoenix effect be "DarK Willow eyes", especially since theyre completely different people with different hair colors, styles and costumes.

This isn't the first time we've seen that FX. Watch any exorcist movie and you'll see the same. While I can see people's points, this is like critiquing Beast's fighting as unoriginal (though I still don't like it entirely myself) in this film by by saying you've seen the monkeys in Planet of the Apes or Congo. Beast fights like an agile ape just as Jean, for whatever reasons, is somewhat possessed of herself in this film. THe use of her powers is physically taxing and showing.

Really, the only thing the two above have in common is their eyes. The veins and skin makeup is completely different. The eyes are SIMILAR, but in no way exactly. I too thought that but was corrected.

I was talking to Obsidian. As for the inspiration thing...
Let's face it, "absolute power corrupts absolutely" is one of the central themes of Science Fiction.

LadyVader said:
I was talking to Obsidian. As for the inspiration thing...
Let's face it, "absolute power corrupts absolutely" is one of the central themes of Science Fiction.

It's one of the central themes of human history.

Actually when you say "absolute power" it usually gets me thinking about something beyond normal human possibilities, like superpowers or omnipotence for example. And that's strictly sci-fi... or fantasy come to think about it.

I sincerely apologize Lady vader for misunderstanding for thinking you were talking to me which you weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"