Pitch me a scene you'd like to see in this solo.

Considering who's playing the caped crusader, a scene where he obliterates one of the many DC Vampires wouldn't go amiss. :p

My single favorite shot of Batman in a live-action capacity is the one in Batman: Dead End where he lands on the pavement and then slowly stands up. The way the cape drags across the wet concrete is intoxicating. And the shot itself is perfectly silhouetted.

I want something like that.

I would love a scene where he is stalking a criminal, using his suit for the first time, sticking to the shadows, pure theatrics. Using the belt, creating smoke to hide, pulling the cape over his face as a criminal turns and he just sees blackness in the corner. Like a ninja, he makes his way to where the criminal was headed - a train, cargo train - the criminals all meet in an empty storage unit as the train pulls away - it's their way to have privacy and evade being found, this then leads to a fight, on the roof of the containers as the gotham sky line at night is in the background, the drum of the wheels across the train tracks rattling away adds to the tension like a heart beat. The train eventually pulls in and a well known villain is standing there to join, regroup and get information, all he sees is a pile of unconcious perps, bloodied and bruised with a sillohette of the bats swinging away.

I’d love to see a scene or scenes where Bruce cooly examines the evidence he’s acquired and uses deductive reasoning and educated guesses to either move forward to the next stage of his investigative process or solve the mystery outright.

I want at least one scene where he has to take on a mob of goons/enemies at once but doesn't kill a single one to diffuse the situation.

When you put Batman in a situation like that and don't go the kill a few guys route it will challenge the writer to find more creative and inventive ways for Batman to come out winning. Would force them to have him use more gadgets and his martial arts attacks.

I want at least one scene where he has to take on a mob of goons/enemies at once but doesn't kill a single one to diffuse the situation.

When you put Batman in a situation like that and don't go the kill a few guys route it will challenge the writer to find more creative and inventive ways for Batman to come out winning. Would force them to have him use more gadgets and his martial arts attacks.
What I hope Reeves does is he tells the stunt choreography team "Batman can do anything you want or consider cool in this figh, but he can't kill. Not even accidentally. If he even sees one of the goons almost dying, he'll go out of his way to save them and then beat them up."

The film is based on Batman Ego and a huge part of the message of that story is how Batman doesn't kill.

Every movie, we hope to see Batman fight crime without always relying on his gadgets. We love his gadgets, they're cool to see, but this is man who should be able to hold his own without pulling out a James Bond style arsenal at every turn. So I imagine the scene where he comes across three or four thugs... Big, jacked guys who can obviously carry themselves very well. Maybe there is a prison break, or they're guarding the office of the Penguin or a mob boss. Back at the cave, Alfred uses facial recognition to identify them as top members of a serious Street gang. Taking these guys out could really establish Batman as a serious threat to the underworld, and give him some serious street cred. Batman approaches, and while some of the guys look nervous, the leader starts trash-talking.
"Yeah, I've heard of you Batman. I know you've taken out a lot of guys, but I know you're always using those fancy toys of yours. You ain't scary, without your tricks you ain't nothing."
After a pause, Batman removes his utility belt, unhooks his cape, takes off his gauntlets, maybe even takes off his boots, even takes off his torso armor if we've established that it can be removed easily from his under suit. Finally, he removes his cowl revealing a thin fabric mask underneath to conceal his identity. He then, without anything the back him up, destroys the group of thugs with nothing but hand to hand combat.

This would be a mid credits scene which of course would take us more into the 2000s since The Batman from what we hear is supposed to take place in the 90s much like how Captain Marvel took place in the 90s...well my Batman mid credits would transition into Batman chasing down a thug. Batman would chase this thug down of course and when Batman has him cornered to question him ...someone from Batman's Rogues gallery is lurking in the shadows then takes a shot at Batman but we don't know who the villain is that takes a shot at him. He hides in the shadows and Batman is using his gadgets to try to find him. The mysterious villain we all know who it is...it is Hush. Hush is set up as the big bad for the next film.

A few random ideas just thrown together from various comic scenes or concepts that I like:

- Firefly Unleashed : a B-lister, Firefly is unlikely to be the main villain in a Batman movie. But if he was... picture this: Batman is desperately speeding down the road in the Batmobile, and when he comes to a barricade, launches himself out, and the camera follows him as he begins to glide, like in the Nolan films and Arkham games. We pan around him as shoots through the Gotham skyline, and a glow starts to take up the edges of the screen... and then we pan behind him as he hits a clearing and sees a MASSIVE inferno, with fire roaring across an entire city block. This is Firefly’s handiwork, and the scene should bring to mind a certain recent episode on a certain Home Box Office channel series involving other people which flying flamethrowers.

- The Chase/Date Night: Catwoman chased by Batman. Classic idea, but portrayed full hog with Hollywood budget and creative choreography, and a running theme of how Catwoman is taking this as a fun, flirty game, while Batman tries to stay professional, only to occasionally crack a smirk. It could even be funnier if the chase ends with Catwoman completely getting away, and we cut to Selina taunting Bruce with double entendres about it at some party the next night to reveal that they know each other’s identities.

- Face to Two Face: A recovered and “healed” Harvey Dent has been hounded and persecuted by some other villain fro the entire film, and fighting off his darker impulses and ignoring sporadic whispers and barely-glimpsed appearances of his split personality. Eventually, the other criminal goes too far, and Harvey has an intense conversation with the other side in a mirror, ending with him personally re-scarring his face to become Two-Face again. Personally, I like the idea of a more desperate and despairing Harvey grimly grabbing glowing coals and burning his face while screaming, like in that Bruce Timm short story.

A few random ideas just thrown together from various comic scenes or concepts that I like:

- Firefly Unleashed : a B-lister, Firefly is unlikely to be the main villain in a Batman movie. But if he was... picture this: Batman is desperately speeding down the road in the Batmobile, and when he comes to a barricade, launches himself out, and the camera follows him as he begins to glide, like in the Nolan films and Arkham games. We pan around him as shoots through the Gotham skyline, and a glow starts to take up the edges of the screen... and then we pan behind him as he hits a clearing and sees a MASSIVE inferno, with fire roaring across an entire city block. This is Firefly’s handiwork, and the scene should bring to mind a certain recent episode on a certain Home Box Office channel series involving other people which flying flamethrowers.

- The Chase/Date Night: Catwoman chased by Batman. Classic idea, but portrayed full hog with Hollywood budget and creative choreography, and a running theme of how Catwoman is taking this as a fun, flirty game, while Batman tries to stay professional, only to occasionally crack a smirk. It could even be funnier if the chase ends with Catwoman completely getting away, and we cut to Selina taunting Bruce with double entendres about it at some party the next night to reveal that they know each other’s identities.

- Face to Two Face: A recovered and “healed” Harvey Dent has been hounded and persecuted by some other villain fro the entire film, and fighting off his darker impulses and ignoring sporadic whispers and barely-glimpsed appearances of his split personality. Eventually, the other criminal goes too far, and Harvey has an intense conversation with the other side in a mirror, ending with him personally re-scarring his face to become Two-Face again. Personally, I like the idea of a more desperate and despairing Harvey grimly grabbing glowing coals and burning his face while screaming, like in that Bruce Timm short story.

I would go with Face to Two Face and Date Night

In addition to seeing Batman dominate groups of hired thugs in hand-to-hand fight sequences, I'd kill to see an extended, exquisitely choreographed scene where he comes up against one opponent that equals his skill. Deathstroke, David Caine, Lady Shiva. That would be awesome.

CifCQW6.png

I love when Batman does something nice for his villains; the more sympathetic ones, at least. That's a side of him that we rarely get to see in adaptations.

Like this scene from The Long Halloween. I sure wouldn't mind seeing something similar in the movie.

MmJJftf.jpg

Something like this.
Batman creeping around with a flashlight and going over evidence and clues.
Something less tech reliant and more like a scene from a Sherlock Holmes novel.

CE1EB3E6-79FF-47AE-8057-FD262C920E95.jpeg

I hope they can do Under the Red Hood someday. I love the final sequence and showdown from the animate film. Particularly when Batman goes "Enough!" and just beats the crap out of Jason. And the final standoff is such a perfect moment.

Couldn't agree more. I could go on for pages on why Batman shouldn't kill. One is to force creativity. The best Batman stories sets up an impossible to win scenario and finds a logical and exciting way for him to overcome it. Best example is the final action scene from The Dark Knight. Him fighting both police and Criminals in the building to make sure everyone lives is great. And his plan to stop the bombs is beyond perfect. The whole scene sets the tension and has you guessing what his plan all the way to the end and it ties into the theme and philosophies of the story so well. I miss that.

I absolutely want something like that. So many writers (and directors) get so caught up in being gritty or brutal they overlook key aspects to the characters. One of my favorite stories is the Justice League Unlimited episode "Epilogue" which has a similar scene. I would love to see something like that.

I would love to see a sequence similar to Arkham Origins of Batman taking on Firefly as he tries to destroy a bridge. It's a setting, character, and type of action sequence we haven't seen before in a Batman film.

I love when Batman does something nice for his villains; the more sympathetic ones, at least. That's a side of him that we rarely get to see in adaptations.

Like this scene from The Long Halloween. I sure wouldn't mind seeing something similar in the movie.

MmJJftf.jpg
haha Im glad I'm not the only one that loves this. ugh, The Long Halloween is such a masterpiece. Tim Sales artwork never ceases to create such a brilliant mood.

I just had this thought of Batman taking out a room full of thugs using a smoke bomb. With just one terrified criminal left he slowly approaches. Just a black silhouette with subtle glowing eyes (detective vision) and within and instant lunges at the crook. It looks so good in my head.

The thing that would give me the feels as a Batgeek, would be a one time only change in the typical DC/WB animated intro that comes before the film.

The intro would be sort of a quick stylized montage of clips of icon Batman shots from the previous WB Batman films from 89 to BvS as a mens of celebrating Batman's 80th or 82nd by the time The Batman is released. Something similar to what DC and Marvel already do with their films but in this case would be a celebration of WB's Batman.

The montage would include the clip of Keaton's Batman at the end of 89 looking at the Batsignal, The sillouttes of Batman and Robin running infront of the Batsignal at the end of Batman Forever, The last frame of the Dark Knight with Bale's Batman riding off in the Batpod, and the last shot of Batman in JL with his back turned looking at the Batwing.

Playing throughout the montage would be Danny Elfman's Batman finale from Batman 89 ending with the Batman symbol.
That would give me the feels...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"