Pitch me a scene you'd like to see in this solo.

Something like this.
Batman creeping around with a flashlight and going over evidence and clues.
Something less tech reliant and more like a scene from a Sherlock Holmes novel.

View attachment 25223

Just to add to this, I was thinking, since we’re doing a noir detective film, one of the things I love about the great Batman stories, Miller, Loeb, Snyder, is Batman’s internal dialogue, narrating how he’s coming to these conclusions as he’s investigating. Might be cool to have something like that, with a voiceover. Kinda like Rorschach in Watchmen. But, idk, a lot of people criticize voiceover narration, like “If a director needs voiceovers, they aren’t doing their job as director” (Adaptation has a great little jab at this). It could work, if done well.

But yeah, mostly I want this to be some kind of murder mystery where we don’t know who the killer is, but the investigation brings Batman in contact with several of his rogues. Basically like Long Halloween. Maybe Catwoman is also investigating for personal reasons, and we get to see them clash and have some chemistry. I want it to be inspired by all the great noir hardboiled detective literature/films of the past. Be really cool to see Bruce go undercover as Matches Malone and we see firsthand what it’s like to be a Gotham criminal in one of the rogues’ crew, maybe Two Face. Penguin’s Iceberg Lounge takes the place of the seedy night club, hot bed of criminal activity that Bruce has to go into to track a lead. Maybe there, he crosses paths with Selina Kyle in the role of the beautiful femme fatale. Stuff like that. A similar vibe to True Detective, which was also the name of a pulp fiction magazine for detective stories that became really popular in the 40’s. Another magazine was called Black Mask. I’d like this movie to pull a lot of influence from that kind of thing

Batman chasing Catwoman across Gotham City rooftops:
DvvlducX0AIgG-t.jpg

Batman investigating a inciting crime that begins the film:
batman-detective-comics-vol-1-988.jpg

Later analyzing clues in the Batcave, and discussing theories with Alfred:
f504302a418cc8dd97d6ee878e366e5b.jpg

A la Batman: The Long Halloween, or Snyder & Capullo's opening issue in their New 52 run, Batman systematically taking down his Rogues Gallery:

b166f3401821ea7272b4d4cdba8b8c3f._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Bruce Wayne returning to the opera / Gotham's high society:
Dl22NMJXgAAlRoC.jpg

Inventive new Batmobile sequence:
batwing-car.jpg

Batman among the gargoyles:
16112760._SY540_.jpg

And, lastly, a montage showing Batman fighting regular crime in Gotham City:
EVu4Yme.jpg

At this point, above all else I just want a scene (hopefully more than one) of Batman just BEING A DETECTIVE.

Since it looks like they're going with a detective take:

1. Batman doing detective work in the Batcave and explaining his thought process to Alfred (instead of doing internal monologues).

2. Batman holding a small flashlight in his mouth while investigating.

3. Bruce using Holmes-esque language such as "I deduced it".

Batman chasing Catwoman across Gotham City rooftops:
DvvlducX0AIgG-t.jpg

Batman investigating a inciting crime that begins the film:
batman-detective-comics-vol-1-988.jpg

Later analyzing clues in the Batcave, and discussing theories with Alfred:
f504302a418cc8dd97d6ee878e366e5b.jpg

A la Batman: The Long Halloween, or Snyder & Capullo's opening issue in their New 52 run, Batman systematically taking down his Rogues Gallery:

b166f3401821ea7272b4d4cdba8b8c3f._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Bruce Wayne returning to the opera / Gotham's high society:
Dl22NMJXgAAlRoC.jpg

Inventive new Batmobile sequence:
batwing-car.jpg

Batman among the gargoyles:
16112760._SY540_.jpg

And, lastly, a montage showing Batman fighting regular crime in Gotham City:
EVu4Yme.jpg

I wish Reeves would hire YOU to tweak the script, Buddy. All great suggestions!

We've not been shown Batman swing from building to building with his grappling guns. I'd like to see it. And his silhouette as he runs across the rooftops of Gotham. Simple scenes but are effective in portraying him as a prowling vigilante.

5426ccb0159b8a7dc16a716143140bb3.jpg

WidjEZP.png

Keeping to the noir theme, i kind of hope they don't go for a large explosion ending. If the inciting incident is a regular crime, I hope the movie ends on an emotional beat similar to Daredevil.

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Sort of an anti Snyder Batman V Superman scene. Instead of all the quick cuts and head slams, it's Batman fighting through a warehouse using smoke bombs and grappling hooks take downs.

A scene where an ordinary citizen is walking the streets at night, looking scared. . . and then they glance up and see the gargoyles, and seem heartened. "Everyone knows" that the gargoyles are where Batman lurks, and from any shadow he might be watching over the streets.

Sort of a quick symbolic reference to the *original* intent and meaning of gargoyles, as guardians against evil spirits. Its not the innocent and just who need fear the watchful stone sentinels hanging off the tops of so many Gotham buildings.

I think they should introduce narration (inner monologue) for Bruce/Batman a la the comics. Would really help to push the "noir" aspect, if that's what they're going for.

I just want this simple BTAS scene finally in life action;

Gordon is working late in his office by desk light... it’s raining outside, the window is open.

And crack, lightning strikes and we see Batman standing in the corner.

I just want this simple BTAS scene finally in life action;

Gordon is working late in his office by desk light... it’s raining outside, the window is open.

And crack, lightning strikes and we see Batman standing in the corner.
Didn't something like that happen in Justice League?

Long shot, but I'd love to see a moment or two showing how Bruce fights crime in Gotham outside of Batman. Whether it be the Wayne Foundation or funding different initiatives in the city, redistributing his wealth, etc. There's an episode in the final season of the animated series where we see that Bruce has hired a former criminal he had dealt with as Batman and helped him reform and get his life together. For me, it makes him all the more heroic if we see that Bruce fights crime on all fronts, that he knows it doesn't begin and end with going out at night and punching poor people.

Chemistry. Bruce distilling an antidote or something in the batcave lab. He would do that regularly in TAS and I've always wanted to see it on film.

Long shot, but I'd love to see a moment or two showing how Bruce fights crime in Gotham outside of Batman. Whether it be the Wayne Foundation or funding different initiatives in the city, redistributing his wealth, etc. There's an episode in the final season of the animated series where we see that Bruce has hired a former criminal he had dealt with as Batman and helped him reform and get his life together. For me, it makes him all the more heroic if we see that Bruce fights crime on all fronts, that he knows it doesn't begin and end with going out at night and punching poor people.

This!!

In general I’m hoping the incident that starts the investigation is an attack on the Wayne Foundation/mission to help people to make it personal and get insight into Bruce’s psyche early in his career. It sort of rocks his moral compass of what someone would do to destroy the mission.

Batman is a metaphor for a human "Superman". As such there should be at least two scenes where he falls from a really high place trying to save some else falling. I'm thinking from an airplane and really tall building (two seperate scenes). It will test the limits of human technology trying to render him a God-like saviour!!

Does The Batman plan on releasing in China, coz the Chinese really love those "from really high places" scenes. So 2 more things came to mind with regard to this:

1. Falling with style from the Batplane (to infiltrate enemy territory) after putting it on auto-pilot.

2. Hitching a ride on the Batplane in mid-air from the ground using some kind of personal lift device (ie. rocket, w/e).

Video below can explain much better (replace game character with The Batman/Robin):

(Re-create the same kind of scenes, same viewing angles, but using Batman +Batplane rather than game char + sword...)

Considering there'll be plenty of villains to go around, I'd like to see it implied that Batman's rogues are seen as celebrities by some people and would even have a fanbase to speak of.

Riddler as someone who'd be a symbol for angry losers who fancy themselves intellectually superior but feel unrecognized by society... which Riddler, as an attention wh*re, would be totally into. Penguin as this Al Capone/Pablo Escobar crimelord who'd help people financially out of self-interest and allow a personality cult to develop, with a scene where Penguin's supporters form into a mob that keeps the cops from getting to him. Maybe even let the idea of Batman villains as celebrities to seep into the film's marketing material, viral games, etc.

If Riddler existed in real life... I honestly have no doubt that a cult following of his wouldn't consist of narcissistic *******s (which why would a narcissistic ******* admire another narcisstic *******? If you believe you're the best, you wouldn't recognize someone else as the best) but rather... women, just like how several serial killers and even terrorists have had their little fangirl clubs that come visit them.

That being said Query and Echo would be cool.

Stalking the underbelly of Gotham right besides gargoyles.

Batman in the rain stalking thugs who have no idea that he is there as the thugs are about to kill an innocent person who happened upon them committing some sort of crime or these thugs are about to kill this guy because he witnessed something he shouldn't have and Batman in the rain hiding upon a gargoyle...hits the criminal with a batarang just as the criminal is about to shoot this witness

The thug is trying to figure out where the batarang came from as the main thug looks up in the rain to see where it came from as they have their guns drawn

The thugs start shooting in the air shooting all over the place...no sign of Batman

Batman then comes out of the shadows almost stealth like in the rain and then he beats the thugs one by one as they try to shoot him but one of them manages to get shots off but the shots barely phase Batman because of his bulletproof Batsuit

He walks closer to this thug and starts to beat him into submission asking him who he works for

The thug then eventually says he doesn't know who this guy is but he only knows him by one name...Hush

Batman has to interrogate a member of his rogues gallery at Arkham Asylum, and as he walks through the hallway, we see a few Easter eggs of lesser-known villains, like Ventriloquist, Maxie Zeus, etc. and maybe a cameo or two of bigger foes (ones they plan to use later?), like Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, etc.

Batman has to interrogate a member of his rogues gallery at Arkham Asylum, and as he walks through the hallway, we see a few Easter eggs of lesser-known villains, like Ventriloquist, Maxie Zeus, etc. and maybe a cameo or two of bigger foes (ones they plan to use later?), like Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, etc.

See now this I can get behind

Fight scenes wise:

A fight ala Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes in the way that dissects the opponent and set ups a strategy all this while disarming and disabling the enemy.

That always resonated with me as an elegant way of showing a character that is... battle savy, observant, a smart fighter.

Detective scene:

A would love to see Batman showing a complement of his detective skills, plain smarts and hard work, collecting clues and testimonies, roughing a few henchmen, all without any handholding to the character or to the viewer.

I hope this movie accentuates the thriller/suspense side of Batman, without compromising the physical side of being the Batman, in conjuncture with well prepared choreographies.

Honestly? Have the first scene of the entire movie be akin to this, maybe with the crime Batman goes out to investigate being more lowkey given the type of movie we're gonna get, but still.

Give me that and I'm sold on the entire movie.

Opening scene, we have Bruce narrating his story but then he is prowling on the rooftops in the rain as the Bat Signal shows up in the sky and Bruce then of course happens upon a crime scene. We see him talking to Commissioner Gordon but then Bruce spots a clue that the Gotham PD seemed to have missed. Bruce points it out to Gordon and when Gordon tries to question him about it some more, Bruce disappears.

Bruce is in the Batcave then talking to Alfred as the 2 of them are getting into it back and forth about the crime waves going up lately when the Bat Signal comes up again.

Batman of course gets to the scene where he comes up on 2 thugs and he handles them both with ease until he sees a mystery person watching him from the shadows, it is Catwoman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"