Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

I think it's quite possible that the churn is due to a portal opening up.

I was all set to abandon the spacecraft theory. I went to look up pictures from the set, and at the moment, I could make the case either way (spacecraft or portal). Here is part of the collection I found:

First, pictures from waffles. You can see the gap between the blue-wrapped pillar and the building itself. Also, you can see the staircase that the elves climbed on. It's on the main courtyard between the two buildings, not where the Thor-Malekith fight takes place. There's a second pile of rocks in that courtyard.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24658739&postcount=171

It's a little odd that we have two ridges of debris perpendicular to one another.

yeah, I think at the moment it could go either way .Either a ship or vehicle of some kind (and not necessarily a high tech space ship) coming through a portal and crashing or just Dark Elves coming out of the hole created by the portal opening in the ground.

Interesting comment that marvel_freshman reported:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24629451&postcount=747

Very interesting if true. Of course, they may be mistaken. But so can we! lol

one other possibility I thought of before is the two places merge or Earth is changing to Svartalfheim but I dont think that's likely, there doesn't seem like there is enough stuff covered in screen, but maybe. I dont know. I think the security and other crew pass out a lot of misinformation to curious onlookers either by accident or on purpose. The actors seem to be very concerned about keeping their mouths shut about the film, for the most part, so I dont know why the crew etc, would be too lose lipped. they may very well just make up stuff to get people off their backs about it. :p

Last edited:
Surtur is doing his tihng, malekith is doing his thing, thor and his allies must try to stop malekith and the dark elves from whatever they are planning, meanwhile, the other realms are hectic. That's that. That's what I think is going on, that's it lol. the scale is going to still be smaller than avengers, don't forget guys lol

Good lord it's so difficult to keep up here lol. i just want to see friggin kurse

I know. I am still leaning towards the spaceships MAY have something to do with thanos. Dark Elves + Space ships leaves me scratching my head big time

Well, like I said to surfer, it's the most logical thing I can think of that fits the elements we saw on the set. Elizah is putting forward the idea that opening a portal (maybe in Jane's basement lab?) resulted in the destruction. That seems plausible too. Maybe there's a third explanation <shrug>

As for that video..crappy huh? Well that was uploaded by yours truely, it was before the movie was out, so i found a crappy copy online, then used my ipod to video tape it lol

Seriously?? Oh, small world! haha Well, I laud your dedication to the cause of feeding fandom's hunger for Thor-related footage!

The video had the look of someone sitting in the movie theater recording it surreptitiously. So actually it's a surreptitious recording of a surreptitious recording! (Well, no wonder, then.) The colors are washed out to blue. Looking at it again, I can see the edge of the screen that you're playing it on. And is that your finger trying to brush the hair out of Thor's face before he calls for Mjolnir? hahaha

Well, like I said to surfer, it's the most logical thing I can think of that fits the elements we saw on the set. Elizah is putting forward the idea that opening a portal (maybe in Jane's basement lab?) resulted in the destruction. That seems plausible too. Maybe there's a third explanation <shrug>

uh, idk. I am pretty sure it has been said that those screens were due to a damage pillar from a spacecraft's wing clipping it on the way down.

honestly, i don't know what the hell is going on lol

Seriously?? Oh, small world! haha Well, I laud your dedication to the cause of feeding fandom's hunger for Thor-related footage!

The video had the look of someone sitting in the movie theater recording it surreptitiously. So actually it's a surreptitious recording of a surreptitious recording! (Well, no wonder, then.) The colors are washed out to blue. Looking at it again, I can see the edge of the screen that you're playing it on. And is that your finger trying to brush the hair out of Thor's face before he calls for Mjolnir? hahaha

yeah haha. And actually, I think there was a hair hanging from my ipod lol, so I went to just brush it out of the way, funny coincidence lol. Since I bought the movie, and have a digital copy as well, i was gunna maybe re upload it, with better quality. but the crappy quality and out of sync sound (not me!) gives it sort of a vintage feel :word:

Surtur is doing his tihng, malekith is doing his thing, thor and his allies must try to stop malekith and the dark elves from whatever they are planning, meanwhile, the other realms are hectic. That's that. That's what I think is going on, that's it lol. the scale is going to still be smaller than avengers, don't forget guys lol

Good lord it's so difficult to keep up here lol. i just want to see friggin kurse

I'm sorry maybe American Maid and I should just do PMs about this from now on and that way no one has to be bothered to read any of our (mainly MY) ramblings or wild assumptions. :whatever: here I was thinking creating this thread we could talk freely about this stuff and not bother people in the character threads or the news/pictures threads as much with these ideas about story and plot. But maybe I should just go to lurk mode entirely.

I'm sorry maybe American Maid and I should just do PMs about this from now on and that way no one has to be bothered to read any of our (mainly MY) ramblings or wild assumptions. :whatever: here I was thinking creating this thread we could talk freely about this stuff and not bother people in the character threads or the news/pictures threads as much with these ideas about story and plot. But maybe I should just go to lurk mode entirely.

no lol. You made the thread, its all good. I'm trying my best follow what you are saying, while voicing my opinion on what is happening, and I am dissagreeing with you (as usual :p) It's just SOO DIFFICULT to keep up with everyone's ideas. just cause the posts are so long, like..what I mean is that it is literally too much for me to read is all. by all meanns, continue, please. I just mean, like, unless I am actively participating in the conversation as you are, it just moving too fast for me to follow lol but I want to talk about plot ideas, just everything else is too much to read, so its like a painful cycle lol.

And I was just trying to change the subject to a topic that I thought might be more enjoyable (and concrete). I had noticed you, Elizah, would try to bring up new angles and new material for people to think about.

But it might be refreshing to sit back and just respond (or not) to what topics others bring up.

no lol. You made the thread, its all good. I'm trying my best follow what you are saying, while voicing my opinion on what is happening, and I am dissagreeing with you (as usual :p) It's just SOO DIFFICULT to keep up with everyone's ideas. just cause the posts are so long, like..what I mean is that it is literally too much for me to read is all. by all meanns, continue, please. I just mean, like, unless I am actively participating in the conversation as you are, it just moving too fast for me to follow lol but I want to talk about plot ideas, just everything else is too much to read, so its like a painful cycle lol.

Ok. Sorry, I'll try to slow it down then. :csad: I think it's going to be quieter for a while anyway. I'm getting burnt out on this for sure and I feel pretty confident I/we've worked out a lot of what will probably happen here anyway. Not 100% all the way through but the gist of it I feel very confident about. There may not be any more outdoor shoots to glean stuff from, from now on either. So not too much else that can be worked out until a trailer comes out with some pictures of the final product. Much of the rumors going around, I just distrust too much to take at face value. I'd rather depend on what I see with my own eyes.

Last edited:
Ok. Sorry, I'll try to slow it down then. :csad: I think it's going to be quieter for a while anyway. I'm getting burnt out on this for sure and I feel pretty confident I/we've worked out a lot of what will probably happen here anyway. Not 100% all the way through but the gist of it I feel very confident about. There may not be any more outdoor shoots to glean stuff from, from now on either. So not too much else that can be worked out until a trailer comes out with some pictures of the final product. Much of the rumors going around, I just distrust too much to take at face value. I'd rather depend on what I see with my own eyes.

Well, at some point when you feel up to it, you'll have to summarize what it is that we worked out--lol!

They're going to be shooting at Greenwich University until December 4, fwiw.

And I was just trying to change the subject to a topic that I thought might be more enjoyable (and concrete). I had noticed you, Elizah, would try to bring up new angles and new material for people to think about.

But it might be refreshing to sit back and just respond (or not) to what topics others bring up.

this is true, it was fun while it lasted but I am getting burnt out here.

Well, at some point when you feel up to it, you'll have to summarize what it is that we worked out--lol!

Okay but I may just PM you with it rather than post it out in the open here.

I thought they were filming until then but it's been oddly silent with pictures etc, maybe they are filming inside again.

edit: http://expederest.tumblr.com/tagged/Thor-2 Expederest is reporting that the set is being cleaned up and cleared away early

Last edited:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO, there will be a server overload plus i'm not sure she wants to waiste the hours writing an essay :p

seriously though, any idea when filming as a whole wraps up?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO, there will be a server overload plus i'm not sure she wants to waiste the hours writing an essay :p

seriously though, any idea when filming as a whole wraps up?

Oh, I'll do it, you know I will. :oldrazz:

supposedly it was through December but that was something one of the actors reported a while back, I can't imagine even if they are ahead of schedule that it wouldn't be at least a few more weeks still. Honestly I'm a bit surprised they seem to be pulling out of Greenwich early, I'd have thought they'd be behind schedule dealing with all the onlookers and fans that came out.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll do, it you know I will. :oldrazz:

supposedly it was through December but that was something one of the actors reported a while back, I can't imagine even if they are ahead of schedule that it wouldn't be at least a few more weeks still. Honestly I'm a bit surprised they seem to be pulling out of Greenwich early, I'd have thought they'd be behind schedule dealing with all the onlookers and fans that came out.

Chris Hemsworth said last week (on the 20th) that they had 6 weeks remaining. That would take them all the way to New Year's. Jaimie Alexander had previously said she would be filming through December.

I agree that they appear to be running ahead of schedule.

I don't think it's the onlookers that would cause them to fall behind schedule, for their security would do a fine job of keeping them corraled. I think what would have them fall behind schedule would be the weather (for outdoor shots), whether the director feels there needs to be more takes than originally estimated for whatever reason, technical malfunctions of one sort or another, or an unexpected event like an injury. Robert Downey Jr. injured his ankle on the set of Iron Man 3, and they had to do some pick-up scenes later, for example. It's possible they'll have to do that for scenes with Jaimie Alexander, but that remains to be seen.

Since they are packing up early at Greenwich University, I suppose they needed fewer takes than what they had originally planned. Good for them.

I hope you do, when your batteries are recharged and it doesn't feel like a waste of your time. You put a lot of work into this forum, keeping it fresh with new things to think about. (And for a while now, you have also been focusing on what we can conclude from direct evidence from the sets or the cast, to keep the plot proposals more grounded.) I've enjoyed it and wish I had made a contribution in kind. And as I've said before, it's a lot of work to figure out a plot line. I encourage anyone who is impatient that we haven't yet worked out the script to Thor2 to try it for yourself. It also takes some guts to put it out there for the entire cosmos to scrutinize lol

(Also, as an aside, this actually isn't fanfic, just plot summaries. Fanfic--with background descriptions, action descriptions, and dialog written in each character's distinct voice--is even harder.)

So after a hiatus, perhaps people will have had a chance to catch their breaths and be able to enjoy it again as they did before. As a reminder, from earlier in the thread:

Great thread!

Your ideas could be all right or all wrong, but the way you think outside the box is genius. You definitely have brought up some very interesting ideas that I think will have many of us wondering if there is any truth to it, until more information becomes available and clarifies things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. . . .

Keep the ideas coming. Right or wrong as you girls have said before, part of the fun is speculating.
This thread is pure win, been hooked reading both pages, Bravo!
Thanks, Elizah.

Thanks American Maid. I tried to keep it interesting for not just me. I think it might be best if I try to keep my mouth shut on this stuff here (or my keyboard a little quieter) until we get a trailer or actual footage, official pictures or artwork, at this point at least. As I said to you in PM, all these little bits and rumors flying around it's impossible to know what is true and what is not and I'm finding myself preferring to use what I see and know to be true for sure to try to figure it out. (and that may lead to assumptions which may very well end up wrong, but at least I'm not basing it on incorrect information then). And we may not get any more really concrete evidence like a trailer for several more months still.

It also takes some guts to put it out there for the entire cosmos to scrutinize lol

Hell, yeah it does! LOL

:p and don't forget, jaime got injured, correct? So that MAY have delayed filming atleast a little, right?

Chris Hemsworth said last week (on the 20th) that they had 6 weeks remaining. That would take them all the way to New Year's. Jaimie Alexander had previously said she would be filming through December.

I agree that they appear to be running ahead of schedule.

I don't think it's the onlookers that would cause them to fall behind schedule, for their security would do a fine job of keeping them corraled. I think what would have them fall behind schedule would be the weather (for outdoor shots), whether the director feels there needs to be more takes than originally estimated for whatever reason, technical malfunctions of one sort or another, or an unexpected event like an injury. Robert Downey Jr. injured his ankle on the set of Iron Man 3, and they had to do some pick-up scenes later, for example. It's possible they'll have to do that for scenes with Jaimie Alexander, but that remains to be seen.

Since they are packing up early at Greenwich University, I suppose they needed fewer takes than what they had originally planned. Good for them.

agreed. I just hope for a teaser trailer soon. Good the film industry makes it look so easy, its so much work. I would love to see the makeup artists at work and the CGI companies and such. I've said it before I'll say it again, makeup artists, and graphic designers are SO TALENTED

Thanks American Maid. I tried to keep it interesting for not just me. I think it might be best if I try to keep my mouth shut on this stuff here (or my keyboard a little quieter) until we get a trailer or actual footage, official pictures or artwork, at this point at least. As I said to you in PM, all these little bits and rumors flying around it's impossible to know what is true and what is not and I'm finding myself preferring to use what I see and know to be true for sure to try to figure it out. (and that may lead to assumptions which may very well end up wrong, but at least I'm not basing it on incorrect information then). And we may not get any more really concrete evidence like a trailer for several more months still.

Exactly. But it's still an awesome thread. Though I am kinda finding the lack of art and news slightly irritating. I want SOMETHING.

elizah72, this thread is truly the most ambitious I have ever seen, and it continues to be one of my favorite reads every day, whether I post or not. However, I can definitely understand your need for a break as I am sure it is extremely taxing to comprise all of those various ideas (from photos, videos and confirmations) and to try to put it all together into one complete package. It is truly a massive undertaking, so I can see where it would take a toll on your energy. However, I hope it will not be the end of you sharing your thoughts with us, as I have rather enjoyed listening to your ideas and have always found them to have a refreshing perspective.

But for now get some rest. :cwink:

Surfer

Here's something to think about. Locations and the amount of time and budget spent on them. They were in Iceland for about 6 days covering at least 3 locations (so maybe 1 or 2 days per location?), they were in Bourne for 10 days or so according to an article I found and on one location, and they were in Greenwich for 3 weeks. I would say that big Iceland battle is only a brief thing, maybe even a flashback like the one in Thor 1 of Odin and the Frostgiants, where Thor and Loki fight the Dark Elves back to Svartalheim. It certainly doesn't seem like they took enough time with it to be much more than a brief battle scene like that. In comparison certainly the Greenwich stuff would seem to be a big part of the film, as well as Bourne Woods if they were there for 10 days just filming that one site. Besides the fact that according to this article it took them 5 weeks to build the set there for it...
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/...r-the-dark-worlds-battle-of-two-kingdoms.html

Here's something to think about. Locations and the amount of time and budget spent on them. They were in Iceland for about 6 days covering at least 3 locations (so maybe 1 or 2 days per location?), they were in Bourne for 10 days or so according to an article I found and on one location, and they were in Greenwich for 3 weeks. I would say that big Iceland battle is only a brief thing, maybe even a flashback like the one in Thor 1 of Odin and the Frostgiants, where Thor and Loki fight the Dark Elves back to Svartalheim. It certainly doesn't seem like they took enough time with it to be much more than a brief battle scene like that. In comparison certainly the Greenwich stuff would seem to be a big part of the film, as well as Bourne Woods if they were there for 10 days just filming that one site. Besides the fact that according to this article it took them 5 weeks to build the set there for it...
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/...r-the-dark-worlds-battle-of-two-kingdoms.html

Elizah72, that's a good point that the amount of time they spend in each place could give us an idea as to how big a part that area really plays into the story. However, keep in mind that it has been mentioned that the Greenwich set is doubling for 2 different areas. Not sure if that was confirmed though or speculation. My point though is (if confirmed) then it would seem that you would really need to cut the time they have spent in that area in half as they are meant to represent two different places in the film. If that makes any sense.

Surfer

Elizah72, that's a good point that the amount of time they spend in each place could give us an idea as to how big a part that area really plays into the story. However, keep in mind that it has been mentioned that the Greenwich set is doubling for 2 different areas. Not sure if that was confirmed though or speculation. My point though is (if confirmed) then it would seem that you would really need to cut the time they have spent in that area in half as they are meant to represent two different places in the film. If that makes any sense.

Surfer

Oh I understand that about Greenwich, they may have used some indoor areas even as a third location, who knows at this point. But my point was that it was more time spent at those two outdoor locations than it would seem they spent in Iceland with 3 different locations at least to travel to and be used there.

was there ever any word, btw, about how long they were at Stonehenge?

Oh I understand that about Greenwich, they may have used some indoor areas even as a third location, who knows at this point. But my point was that it was more time spent at those two outdoor locations than it would seem they spent in Iceland with 3 different locations at least to travel to and be used there.

was there ever any word, btw, about how long they were at Stonehenge?

Yeah, I know there was mention of them filming at Stonehenge, but not sure the amount of time spent or even if that was confirmed. That was the report that went along with the naked blue guy if I remember correctly and so far we haven't seen anyone blue to my knowledge, so my thought is the report may have been false. However, I guess we will need to wait and see.

Surfer

Yeah, I know there was mention of them filming at Stonehenge, but not sure the amount of time spent or even if that was confirmed. That was the report that went along with the naked blue guy if I remember correctly and so far we haven't seen anyone blue to my knowledge, so my thought is the report may have been false. However, I guess we will need to wait and see.

Surfer

Oh, Stonehenge is definite, how many days they were filming I dont know, there was a report of them filming at dawn and dusk on twitter (tweets with Marvel Freshman). The "naked blue guy" mentioned in a different report on tumblr (someone's friend heard from another friend type thing) that report was changed to just "naked guy" because she was a afraid the friend of a friend who was an extra would get in trouble. So definitely take all of that with a grain of salt. Also I believe one of the two "Celtic musicians" listed on IMDB tweeted or facebooked something about the Stonehenge location at the time (nothing that revealed anything about it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"