Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Katharine Isabelle

70b5f372-e860-4c82-a6e6-f7fc6ac23fb4_zpsbapqiyw3.jpg

Glad so see I'm not the only one thinking of her as Ivy (even if this was a while back).

Pamela doesn't have to be Harleys age.

Would be better if she's older. Pamela needs to be portrayed as being far more mature and stable than HQ. And less unpredictable, much like Catwoman should be.

Riley Keough is my favorite pick for the role

christinereade2.jpg

She is around the same age as Margot, but just has this way feeling and looking more mature and demure, which is ideal for the direction and character of Ivy, when comparing to Harley.

I'd certainly like her in DCEU, but I am personally for a bit older actress for Ivy, as I think she should evoke the idea of maturity and maternity as opposed to youth and wilderness of Harley Quinn.

I wouldn't be oppose to Elvis' granddaughter as Ivy. I like it.

I'd certainly like her in DCEU, but I am personally for a bit older actress for Ivy, as I think she should evoke the idea of maturity and maternity as opposed to youth and wilderness of Harley Quinn.

I'm actually hoping for that, as I am with Catwoman - I'm just going on the basis and worry that they're solely casting actresses around the same age as Margot :/

We know Harley is 26 in Suicide Squad, and if it were up to me, I'd have Ivy in her early to mid 30's, with Selina at her late 30's to early 40's.

I'm actually hoping for that, as I am with Catwoman - I'm just going on the basis and worry that they're solely casting actresses around the same age as Margot :/

We know Harley is 26 in Suicide Squad, and if it were up to me, I'd have Ivy in her early to mid 30's, with Selina at her late 30's to early 40's.

One can only hope that Ayer will be sensible enough to follow this manner of thinking for GSC. Making them all the same age would be a huge error, especially given the onset that Affleck's Batman is meant to have been around quite some time (prior to 'retiring', that is).

One can only hope that Ayer will be sensible enough to follow this manner of thinking for GSC. Making them all the same age would be a huge error, especially given the onset that Affleck's Batman is meant to have been around quite some time (prior to 'retiring', that is).

Yarp.

I know. I don't want it to become some young frat girls movie, where they're all the same age. It would be terrible if that's the vision regarding ages :/

You may not be wrong with that basis, at all. It wouldn't surprise me.

I think I'd rather have it the other way round with Catwoman's and Ivy's age, given that Ivy, arguably, has a most mature and rational mindset of the three (if we forget about all that fanatical eco-terrorist thing :p). Of course, maturity doesn't have to be followed with age, but that's pretty much how I envision it at the moment.

She actually surprised me at how good she was in The Girlfriend Experience :up:

Which is exactly why I support her in DCEU. Didn't really follow the series, but I watched some of it and she did a good job from what I saw.

I know. I don't want it to become some young frat girls movie, where they're all the same age. It would be terrible if that's the vision regarding ages :/

If that does happen, I'll probably count myself out. It was bad enough how botched HQ's characterization was in SS, we don't need the same with Ivy and Selina.

This is Hollywood. When was the last time a franchise casting a female role in their 40s? Even Captain Marvel is going to be played by a mid 20 actress when in reality the character could be older.

I hope you know it's not just the male market pushing Hollywood to make those casting decisions.

From my experience most women prefer to see younger beautiful females in lead roles, rather than more seasoned actresses, especially for romantic or action films.

Men don't want an old, ugly, balding and fat dude to play Batman because at some level men want to experience the story vicariously through the character. They like to imagine that they are the protagonist.

Women are the same and aging is even more of a personal worry and concern for women as it is for men. That's a big part of the reason why Hollywood casts the majority of female lead roles as 20 - 35.

Poison Ivy is supposed to be a seductress, right? If that's the case I think it's important to get a great looking actress but one that women won't dislike. Tricky.

If the rumors pan out that 29 year old Haley Bennett has been cast as Catwoman to play along side 26 year old Margot Robbie you can almost be assured that a mid 20's very early 30's actor will be cast to play Poison Ivy.

In my imagination, a Nolanverse Poison Ivy would be played by Evan Rachel Wood.

Dark Knight Ivy?

IMG_8243.jpg

Though Kate Kane is the more likely character.

If the rumors pan out that 29 year old Haley Bennett has been cast as Catwoman to play along side 26 year old Margot Robbie you can almost be assured that a mid 20's very early 30's actor will be cast to play Poison Ivy.

She was quite good in 'Girl on a Train'. Her resemblance to Jennifer Lawrence is uncanny though.

And I would prefer not having Vicki Vale in this universe, beside as a background character that appears in a scene or two. There are already Lois Lane and Iris West as prominent female reporters.

If there is to be a conventional love interest, it should be Silver St Cloud. Unfortunately neither Margot Robbie or Amber Heard are free to play her...

Damn reg, you're like the hipster of comics. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wanting St. Cloud to be his squeeze.

I favor a James Bond/Donald Draper type Batman. And I like Talia and Selina for the role of "wife" and "mistress". I use those terms very loosely.

I am very fond of pre-Morrison Talia. She should be played by Freida Pinto:

61f4a587eb6c4fd0bc90d236000f8bad.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"