Poll: Should Doctor Doom Be In The First MCU Fantastic Four film?

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Detective Conan, Jan 8, 2018.

?

Should Doctor Doom be in The Next Fantastic Four film?

1. Of course he should! It’s not F4 without Doom!

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Nah, save him for the sequel!

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I say "yes", with a proviso: he should not be the *villain* of the first movie. He should be a supporting cast member, and possibly only actually seen in the epilogue/stinger. The purpose of Doom's presence in the first movie, should be to foreshadow his existence and potential future actions. Not to provide someone for the FF to punch.

KRYPTON INC. and Stark Bauer like this.
  2. Drunken Rider Lurker from the shadows

I'm going with the idea of "HELL NO" because we have him as the main antagonist in the 3 previous-non-MCU films in a row. Just use someone Fox never give a diddly "shate" about like Mole Man, The Frightful Four, etc.

3. Fluedd Registered

The Mole Man doesn't seem to come off as a real threat, but maybe they could do something like a Penguin/Danny DeVito vibe with him.

The Frightful Four I like, but maybe not for a first movie. I'm also afraid that having eight characters onscreen with powers would eat up the budget quickly, and we wouldn't get the kind of battles we'd like. This has been a problem with FF movies in general IMO. I always feel like the action scenes are disappointing and there are too few of them.

Namor would be awesome, he's a threat plus he's a rival love interest for Sue. Again, not sure I'd start with him first film, but maybe. Galactus definitely should wait. Super Skrull we've "sort of seen before", but not really. Annihilis might be the best compromise, but not with a negative zone/origin tie in.

#53 Fluedd, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Stark Bauer likes this.