Poor Marketing might hurt our beloved Thor.

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
The film is 2 months away and lets be honest, the movie posters we have seen so far aren't that great. When you go to a theater you see some of these movies with huge pop out posters, or now motion posters. You would Marvel/Paramount would be on to this. Thor is the God of Thunder, so where is the lightting in his posters, why don't we get a nice pop out of him going to smash someone with his hammer? How is it that us fans have better ideas for movie posters than Paramount does?

When Iron Man 1 and 2 was coming out he was every where. Where is Thor? Is it too early for me to rant like this, or are we running out of time? Don't the studios know the moronic general public will see any movie that has an eye catching poster?

As for this new red movie poster. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

Big presence at CC, two trailers, superbowl TV spot, crap posters but one cool one.

Seems like marketing is the exact same as IM so far.

I'm alittle tired of not seeing any Thor during TV shows. I have yet to see that Lightning Hammer commercial on what's supposed to be a kid's morning.
Personally, I would love to see more ads for Thor for ANYTHING. I seem to recall seeing IM stuff quite often

I'm alittle tired of not seeing any Thor during TV shows. I have yet to see that Lightning Hammer commercial on what's supposed to be a kid's morning.
Personally, I would love to see more ads for Thor for ANYTHING. I seem to recall seeing IM stuff quite often
It'll happen, in April.

thorc.jpg

Crossing my Fingers Chewy! :D

It's all right, not as bad as TIH's was, but I definitley think it could be better. I am a bit worried about it, considering that Thor's still not all that well known.

I believe that like Hulk, if Thor struggles it will be because the marketing was not strong enough to overcome the audience's hesitation about the subject matter. With Hulk, many speculate that the audience has a hesitation about a monster being the main "superhero," let alone one that is animated in CG. People didn't know what to make of the movie, and there was also the confusion over whether or not it was a sequel to the Ang Lee film (which was not that popular either).

Thor is going to have to overcome people's hesitation about seeing a mythological character walking around in the modern world wearing street clothes. The idea of the Norse god of thunder returning to earth to be a superhero inherently sounds cheesy, and it's only a matter of time before someone makes some kind of "Hercules in New York" comparison. The movie's advertising is going to have to push that despite the audience's hesitation, Thor is a cool franchise. They're going to have their work cut out for them though, so hopefully they don't slack off.

And as StillAThorFan said, I want to see a giant cardboard standup of Thor holding up his hammer in front of some Asgardian rubble with strobing thunderbolt lights at my theater! The current batch of posters doesn't quite cut the mustard for me.

Thor is the God of Thunder, so where is the lightting in his posters[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same thing, I'm also a bit worried about the amount of lighting attacks Thor uses in the film (doesn't seem like many).

Lightning is suppose to be the same for Thor as "Repulsor Blast" are for Iron Man.

I hope they step it up a lot. All I have seen in theaters thus far has been too sedate. I think it's cool because I know who Thor is, but when the Sucker Punch posters looks to have more "comic book action" than the God of Thunder has, something not right...

sincerely, the monsters shoun in the trailers seem like b-movie, that will lead to less audience.

The huge Yogi Bear pop out poster was more exciting than the Thor posters. He should be pushed in the big cities, like Boston, Chicago, LA, and my New York with movie posters on the public transportation system. Sex and the City was on every bus and subway car in NY when that dumb movie was coming out, as was Gi Joe and Transformers.

I believe that like Hulk, if Thor struggles it will be because the marketing was not strong enough to overcome the audience's hesitation about the subject matter. With Hulk, many speculate that the audience has a hesitation about a monster being the main "superhero," let alone one that is animated in CG. People didn't know what to make of the movie, and there was also the confusion over whether or not it was a sequel to the Ang Lee film (which was not that popular either).

Thor is going to have to overcome people's hesitation about seeing a mythological character walking around in the modern world wearing street clothes. The idea of the Norse god of thunder returning to earth to be a superhero inherently sounds cheesy, and it's only a matter of time before someone makes some kind of "Hercules in New York" comparison. The movie's advertising is going to have to push that despite the audience's hesitation, Thor is a cool franchise. They're going to have their work cut out for them though, so hopefully they don't slack off.

And as StillAThorFan said, I want to see a giant cardboard standup of Thor holding up his hammer in front of some Asgardian rubble with strobing thunderbolt lights at my theater! The current batch of posters doesn't quite cut the mustard for me.

Well the problem with Hulk is that it's marketing was nearly non-existent. I was a senior in high school at the time, and the majority of my friends had no idea there was another Hulk movie being made until right before it was released.

Thor is doing better then Hulk, but it definitely needs to step it up. When April hits, hopefully they'll start going all out like they did for Iron Man.

I hope they step it up a lot. All I have seen in theaters thus far has been too sedate. I think it's cool because I know who Thor is, but when the Sucker Punch posters looks to have more "comic book action" than the God of Thunder has, something not right...

I was thinking the same thing, honestly Sucker Punch looks like it's gonna have better action than just about every "live acion" superhero film there is (damn shame).

Guys, it is March. Thor will get tons of TV spots in April. You rarely see mass TV spots for a film this far from release.

Guys, it is March. Thor will get tons of TV spots in April. You rarely see mass TV spots for a film this far from release.

That is a very good point. The only reason I'm nervous is because I remember everyone thinking TIH's marketing would pick up...and it never did. But I think Thor is a different matter, because with TIH Marvel knew they were dealing with a film that already had negative stigma. Thor is completely fresh, so maybe they're more willing to really push the ads. Hopefully anyway.

Marvel will do everything to push Thor. It's their first big movie this year and it's essential to their Avengers franchise.

The problem is though shows will be either over for the season by then or almost over & not many will be watching TV once the usual shows end

....who said anything about MASS spots. I'd be fine with one a night around the time the 6 oclock news is on.

I went to a movie theater last weekend and saw a Cap: First Avenger poster. Thor poster was nowhere to be found. Cap is coming out what, MONTHS after Thor??

This movie is doomed.

I've been seeing Thor's poster in my theater since January, so I don't what to tell you.

Oh no..This movie is so doomed. There's no hope for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"