• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Apocalypse Post Credit Teaser idea's?

If the rumours are true...

They could have it that Apocalypse goes into hibernation at the end of this and awakens in the future with the post-credit scene being Logan and Ororo discovering he's re-awoken, follow that up with a future movie about that while continuing the FC cast seperately.

X-Men: Apocalypse Awakens (2018)

:rimshot:

Its X-MEN RI5E!

Then have the non techapocalypse in the past and the physically tech advanced apoc in the future after being helped out by sinister in the end credits of Apocalypse. problem solved ?

They could fear him again if Apocalypse really destroyed a lot of things in 1983. It would be like their most dangerous foe came back from the grave.

Many have speculated that at the end of this Apocalypse movie someone (Sinister or Ozymandius) will place Apocalypse's body back into the hibernation sarcoughagus. This would obviously be so he could be used again in the future. This would make the main threat in this movie the Horseman, kind of saving Apoc for a future flick.

Not sure I think that's the best idea since the main threat in the Apocalypse movie should be Apocalypse!

But, I could see them wanting to do the Age of Apocalypse using some of the OT cast.

Now I have to believe that the next two X-Men movies (not spin-offs like Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpoll, etc.) will continue with these new, young actors and actresses. That just makes sense. It would be a bit stupid of Fox to jump back to the OT cast, leaving this new, young cast on the sidelines, in 3 years.

But, one thing they could do is use the planned Wolverine movie as an Age of Apocalypse story. Sure, the logical assumption is that an AOA story would be an X-Men movie, but, what if they wanted to focus on the love story of Wolvie and somebody. Now, most would think that would be Famke's Jean, just like in the comics, but what if instead they went with the cartoon version and make it Halle's Storm? That actually is an interesting concept...

But the truth is, my hope is they don't do this. I'd rather they not use Apocalypse so soon after having him in this movie. 9 or 12 years in the future, sure, but not in a year or two...

Oh, and someone was critiquing the Deadpool watching the movie post credits scene I posted, saying they wouldn't do that because Deadpool comes out first. Ok, then my response is that they could do it to promote buying the Deadpool video. Deadpool could simply say something like "Hey, want to watch a really good movie? Go pick up the Deadpool movie video.", or something like that. That would make the really fun idea of using a Deadpool breaking the 4th wall scene apply to Deadpool!

Stupid? The original cast are still marketable as evidence by the success of Dofp... however most of them are beyond 40... so I dont think Fox should give them a long break again.

"Stupid", meaning to make the next X-Men movie (in 3-4 years) an OT cast movie and not continue with this new, young cast that is expected to keep this fanchise going for years to come.

As I explained in numerous other posts, there are plenty of really good ways to use the existing OT cast in the near future, but make it spin-offs or such. Here are some of my ideas that I've posted for this exact purpose:

- The Adventures of Scott and Jean: Use James and Famke and make this all about their son in the OT who is infected by a technoorganic virus, by someone like Sinister. This would serve as a prelude/origin story for Cable.

- The X-Men versus the Fantastic Four: Use Anna, Shawn, Ellen and Daniel to play their OT versions of Rogue (but give her strength, flight and invulnerability), Iceman, Kitty and Colossus. They must seek the help of Mr. Fantastic in order to save Kitty's life as she is losing control of her powers/de-molecularizing. He won't help, for whatever reason, and they battle. Maybe Doom offers to help. In the end they must team up and battle the villain.

mdc-fantastic_four_vs_x_men-585-top.jpg

- Excalibur: Take those same OT cast members and have them, in the future OT, form a new team located in Europe. Possibly add in Alan's Nightcrawler (a more swashbuckling character), and/or Captan Britain, Meggan, Pete Wisdom, Wolfsbane. Maybe even Rachel Summers' Phoenix.

asoa4.jpg

- Wolverine: They could even do what I suggested above, which is turn the next Wolverine movie into an OT Age of Apocalypse story that focuses on the love/relationship of Logan and possibly Storm or Jean. It would be a somewhat time travel piece, but there would be plenty of future dystopian stuff with OT Mags, Bishop, Warpath, Blink, etc. And of course Kitty, Rogue, Jean, Cyclops, Colossus, Iceman, and Professor X could be included.

tumblr_n6c65b7dDD1r974s9o2_400.gif

So my point is that there are plenty of ways to use the OT cast and reap the benefits, while NOT taking anything away from this new, young cast of X-Kids, which is where they should focus for at least the next trilogy, meaning a new movie, not jumping a decade inbetween each (effectively just going from story to story), every three years from 2019 - 2022 - 2025.

Maybe so, but if they choose to have the next X-Men movie in four years be one that doesn't use this new, young cast of Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler; along with at least Professor X, then I would venture to say the word fits!

Sigh... and as if that would hurt the series... I think if after Apocalypse.. the next team film is set in the future..I doubt people would clamor for another prequel especially when theres more X-Men in the future especially if their roster has Gambit.

It would just seen redundant at that point especially if the spin offs after Apocalypse are also set in the present.

Post -credit scene including Oroginal cast members in present day would be great!

Sigh... and as if that would hurt the series... I think if after Apocalypse.. the next team film is set in the future..I doubt people would clamor for another prequel especially when theres more X-Men in the future especially if their roster has Gambit.

It would just seen redundant at that point especially if the spin offs after Apocalypse are also set in the present.

Sigh back...

Look, I get it, you like the original cast. So do I, for the most part.

It's just that they've made their decision and took us into the past. They decided that they want their X-Men films to be period pieces. Fine, I can accept that, and as I've already explained, it's not that I don't want more Original actors and actresses in the movies, just put them into spin-off type ones like I provided.

My main point is that, to be honest, we're going to have a very limited time with some of the OT cast. McKlellan and Stewart might get one, maybe two more movies in, and then they will be done. And again, I'm not saying I don't want them in some spin-off movies.

But what I am saying is that they have a unique opportunity with this new cast. We're going to have a teenaged Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler; and this will give us something that could define this franchise moving forward for the next decade or longer. It just makes way too much sense to continue with a new 1980's set X-Men movie every three years, all while giving us some spin-off stuff that could use the original cast.

You say you doubt people would want more prequels, and I have to 100% disagree. Again, we are where we are, and that's in the 1980's with a teenaged Scott, Jean and Ororo. If this new, young cast does well, of course people are going to want more. Of course people are going to want to finally see Scott getting some decent development. Of course people are going to want to see these young X-Men learn to use their powers. Of course people are going to want to see the relationships between these, and some future new characters develop. I just can't understand why you would question that.

Look, I say get your cake and eat it too. By continuing to have these X-Men movies back in the 1980's with this new cast, all while doing things with the original cast, we can get so many good stories, all while (hopefully) keeping the timeline from developing more gapping holes.

Just seems like all you want is a new team titled: Geriatric X!

I think maybe Apocalypse rises maybe with patrick stewart realising it..... bring in the old trilogy

Maybe they want to use Apocalypse more than once.
For sure they will use him more than once, Kinberg talked about it already.
Hope we will have present or future scenes. Don't know how Jubilee still can be so young in future (born later this time?), definitely can't be teenager in 1983.

Hopefully they show Magneto in some sort of exile after this rebuilding with his family. Asteroid M Genosha or Savage Land idc

For sure they will use him more than once, Kinberg talked about it already.

Did he? When was this? All I remember was in the yahoo interview he expressed an interest in using other villains like mr sinister

It's worth noting kinberg calls this the apocalypse story so if that applys in a similar way to DOFP then no this is not just a set up for various apocalypse returns to try and destroy the world again movies

Hopefully the next movie is announced before Apocalypse releases so we'll have a better idea about the Post Credit scene

Part of me wants to know what the next film is like similar to how singer did it with apoc but another part of me really just wants to have to wait till an end credits sting

its possible they may not even have an end credit scene since wasn't there originally no end scene credit for the wolverine before they decided to add one? thats most likely the case unless the plane scene with the suit reveal was originally it and FC didn't have one so there may not be any reason to have one

Last edited:
idk...

Mid and After Credit scenes are such a smart way to promote future things. It's almost like free advertisement, so I have to believe that more often than not they would be looking to have one or both. Maybe the Wolverine was an exception to that rule, but generally it just makes sense having them.

So it's all about what movies that are upcoming that they want to promote.

To me, Deadpool makes way too much sense. To be able to film a 20 second spot with Deadpool (breaking the 4th wall even) in order to promote that movie is too perfect of an opportunity to not do it.

Next big one is either the Gambit or the Wolverine movies. Both of these would be perfect options.

So I have to assume we'll get at least one of these, if not both.

To me, Deadpool makes way too much sense. To be able to film a 20 second spot with Deadpool (breaking the 4th wall even) in order to promote that movie is too perfect of an opportunity to not do it.

Deadpool comes out before Apocalypse.

If Gambit doesn't appear in Apocalypse, which I think he will, he will probably be the end credits scene.

If he is in Apocalypse, I hope they surprise us with a teaser for the next film, maybe the 2018 film that might be a crossover.

Failing that some type of spin off teaser would be suffice.

Last edited:
There will be 3 Fox End Credit scenes in 2016 imo. My only question is will there be Mid Credit scenes?

Last edited:

This makes absolutely no sense. FOX/TPTB/Singer are banking on the opposite reaction from movie-goers. They're gonna want people to like and get attached to this new young group. And people will, unless Singer botches these characters in an epic fail way. Which is a long shot.

Then hopefully, to spare us all the redundancy , the next X-Men pic is a sequel to XMA staring Sheridan/Turner/Shipp. Because we all know they're gonna be around for a while.

I think a lot of people have believed the OC deserve special treatment but I don't think that's how FOX or even bryan singer see it, this universe is X-Men, young X-Men is still X-Men and if phylock is in apocalypse then that's her in an X-Men movie, it's not a case of she has to appear with the OC to be official

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"