Endgame Post-credits scene (SPOILERS)

HotRodEconomist

Civilian
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss the post-credits scene from Avengers: Endgame.

THIS WILL BE A SPOILER SO DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE!!!
What does it mean? It's obviously Tony in the cave, building the Mark 1 suit. Is it alluding to the possibility of an alternate timeline set of movies?

Yeah, I think that's one implication. I think they are going to put the phase 1 characters to rest for a while, and you're not going to see RDJ as Iron Man again, but they aren't going to completely abandon future stories for the character. I think the alternate timeline thing gives them a way to "reboot" ala Star Trek 2009, where it's the same people but different actors but not tied to the MCU timeline.

Just paying respect. I kind of like no credit scene, people need to not worry about what is next. Reflect and appreciate the movie and the MCU run so far.

I just thought it was signalling the end of and paying respect to his arc, referencing that the MCU began with his film.
Then why wouldn't they show that as part of the movie? It seems pointless as an end credits scene because those have been used, mainly, to tease the future films and repercussions.
It felt more like Magneto moving the chess piece, ever so slightly, at the end of X-Men 3. Just a small glimpse of what could be...

I just thought it was signalling the end of and paying respect to his arc, referencing that the MCU began with his film.
This

Then why wouldn't they show that as part of the movie? It seems pointless as an end credits scene because those have been used, mainly, to tease the future films and repercussions.
It felt more like Magneto moving the chess piece, ever so slightly, at the end of X-Men 3. Just a small glimpse of what could be...

I think that was the point. Even though there are more movies in the MCU pipeline I don't think they wanted to give us a after credits scene to in any way take attention away from this story and its finale because we've been building to it for so long.

It seems that a Stan lee tribute video would make much more sense as an after-credits scene. If you've going to pay tribute to anyone from the MCU, it should be Stan instead of Tony. Give his tribute in the actual film.
IMO.

The Thor with Guardians scene is more or less this movie's credits scene. At least in my opinion

Just paying respect. I kind of like no credit scene, people need to not worry about what is next. Reflect and appreciate the movie and the MCU run so far.
Agreed. This is the time to sit back and appreciate what we've had to this point. Can start thinking about the future again with the next film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"