The Avengers Introducing Ruffalo in a Post-Credits Scene

Jaxxon

Civilian
Reaction score
I saw a thread like this on IMDb, so I thought I'd start one here.

Someone on the boards suggested that a good way to set Ruffalo up as the new Banner would be to feature him in a post-credits scene in Thor or Captain America (because showing him for the first time in The Avengers might prove to be "distracting"). One idea I really liked was filming a scene similar to the alternate opening of TIH where Bruce goes to the arctic to kill himself, then we see Cap's frozen body after he hulks out and smashes the ice.

Any other ideas?

i like the way you think jaxxon, they could do something like that at the end of cap maybe.

ive always wanted to see banner up in his cabin, and he hears/sees shield agents circling the premises. fury and agent coulsen gently go up to the and knock, banner opens the door (his eyes beginning to faintly glow green/or maybe they're green when he opens the door). fury assures banner that he wants no trouble, and he isn't with the government or the military. then maybe have fury offer banner a spot on his all-star team, and a bit of peace at the same time.

but idk just brain storming.

Give the post credit scene to the next movie after the Avengers. They would know that film by the time the Avengers is being made. That way the momentum is passed on that film. If the next film after the Avengers is Hulk, sure why not. But I sincerely doubt it, knowing Marvel have several projects more prepared than TIH 2.

As for Hulk, aim for a winter schedule. Less competition, good for winter time.

Give the post credit scene to the next movie after the Avengers. They would know that film by the time the Avengers is being made. That way the momentum is passed on that film. If the next film after the Avengers is Hulk, sure why not. But I sincerely doubt it, knowing Marvel have several projects more prepared than TIH 2.

But what good will it do having Banner in a post-credits scene in a film AFTER the Avengers? The OP's idea was to introduce Ruffalo BEFORE the Avengers, so that it isn't the first time we see him on film and there is at least some continuity between a pre-Avengers film and the Avengers so that it isn't as distracting.

I think that the cabin idea is a good set up because those who are following the MCU's films will recognise that particular scene from the end of TIH, the only trouble is that the film ended with him controlling the Hulk, so if he changed at the end of the film it'd be a bit difficult to formulate a scene. But a familiar setting from TIH is a good idea!

Methinks the after credits spot in Avengers needs to feature Hank Pym and lead into Edger's Antman film. Which will then set up Hank an Jan for Avengers II. Bring on Ultron!

I think that the cabin idea is a good set up because those who are following the MCU's films will recognise that particular scene from the end of TIH, the only trouble is that the film ended with him controlling the Hulk, so if he changed at the end of the film it'd be a bit difficult to formulate a scene. But a familiar setting from TIH is a good idea!

We don't know that he was controlling the Hulk, all we know is that he smiled as he opened his eyes.
If they re-created that scene with Ruffalo, all you would have to see is that while he's meditating, he hears S.H.I.E.L.D. agents or the military surrounding the cabin/pounding on his door. He smiles as he opens his eyes either 1) because Ross or someone yells, "Quit playing around and come out here, Banner...you're making me angry!" or 2) just because he knows his pursuers are about to get knocked the F out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"