POTC = The new SW?

There will never be a "new Star Wars", and there never will.
The fact that there is a title called that it dumb.

There will never be a "new Star Wars", and there never will.
The fact that there is a title called that it dumb.

Star Wars has been completely cheapened by Lucas' money making schemes (aka The First 3 Episodes). That said, it will not be hard at all for another trilogy to equal Star Wars in terms of mass commercial appeal and merchandising, as well as pop culture icons.

Star Wars has been completely cheapened by Lucas' money making schemes (aka The First 3 Episodes). That said, it will not be hard at all for another trilogy to equal Star Wars in terms of mass commercial appeal and merchandising, as well as pop culture icons.

But well there ever be another trilogy that has three great movies, LOTR is one that has accomplished that, the Spider-Man trilogy wasn´t that great ruined by the third film a bit and POTC wasn´t completely great either but the original SW was great through all three films and that seems pretty difficult to accomplish these days

But well there ever be another trilogy that has three great movies, LOTR is one that has accomplished that, the Spider-Man trilogy wasn´t that great ruined by the third film a bit and POTC wasn´t completely great either but the original SW was great through all three films and that seems pretty difficult to accomplish these days

Right, LOtR has at the very least equalled the original Star Wars trilogy in terms of quality. I think that if Depp and the rest make another PotC tilogy (maybe film them all at the same time), it would surpass the six Star Wars movies. There's nothing that could possibly be worse than those last three movies.

Still, POTC hasn't really reached the level of Star Wars in terms of money, general influence on pop culture, etc. LOTR hasn't even reached the level of Star Wars. 6 POTC movies has nothing to do with becoming the "new Star Wars." I was mainly talking about the original trilogy, but as a whole, it is still light years away from what POTC could even dream of becoming. Star Wars has also not been cheapened. It's popularity or influence hasn't declined because of the PT. If anything, it increased. POTC definitely made the money, but until it affects pop culture to the degree of Star Wars, it won't become this so called "new Star Wars". Hell, there is no such thing has a "new SW." May someone please give me a definition of a "new Star Wars?"

^Well, critically, Pirates already failed.

I personally don't think the Prequels has cheapened the 'Lore' of the OT's..I think LoTr is the only trilogies that have come close to it,but I don't see LoTr having the cultural influence as SW did or has...
Will we ever see that type of trilogies? maybe, I wouldn't say never,but not anytime soon. Hollywood is too busy making 'REMAKES',than interested in making a new franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"