Powers that are hard to use for figures.

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
I was thinking there are some powers that are really hard to incoperate into a figure.
Here are some that I have:
Mr. Fantastic-power of elasticity
Ant-man-Power to shrink to an ant size and control ants.
Vision- Can turn intangible and solidify himself
Absorbing man- Absorbs the properties of those he touches.
Galactus- Devours worlds... Don't think you can make that into an action feature.

galactus-sure you can
kinda like a nut cracker
infact that would be an awsome nut cracker
a galactus that cracks nuts

Mystique's powers are incredibly hard. There have only been two attempts - snap-on armor (X-Men Beast Armor) and goony-looking rubber suit (X-Men Movie). Neither worked well.

marvelman418 said:
I was thinking there are some powers that are really hard to incoperate into a figure.
Here are some that I have:
Mr. Fantastic-power of elasticity
Ant-man-Power to shrink to an ant size and control ants.
Vision- Can turn intangible and solidify himself
Absorbing man- Absorbs the properties of those he touches.
Galactus- Devours worlds... Don't think you can make that into an action feature.

Mr. Fantastic- There was a stretchy Mr. Fantastic like Stretch Armstrong. And a figure that featured stretched out limbs that were interchangable and one figure that had shape shifting limbs. I think that in corporates his power pretty well or at least gives the impression of his powers.
Absorbing man- Interchangable arms representing him absorbing something. Again, it's the impression they give.
Ant-Man- Give him a smaller version of himself. If a kid is playing with it, stand the taller Ant-Man up in front of the kid. Tell the kid to close his eyes, and switch the figure with the smaller version. Then tell the kid to open his eyes. BAM! Action feature.
Vision- He can solidify himself into plastic. What more do you want? You couldn't hold him if he was intangible. Or just have a base that you can insert half his body into so it looks like he's phasing through it.

You want a hard power to incoporate into a figure? Prof X and his mind reading abilities. And any figure with super strength. One time I tried to use a Hulk figure to lift up my car to fix a tire. Hulk is definitely not the strongest one there is.

I thought Absorbing Man was done well with the chageable arms

How about Spider-man... Spider sense... I tried to see if Scubadiving Spidey would dodge a shot from a bbgun... Now I have a headless Scubadiving spidey...

I thought the first X Men movie line did the best at incorporating powers.

Rez said:
I thought the first X Men movie line did the best at incorporating powers.

Yeah. I especially liked Cyclops' "Embarrassed Blushing" action. That was awesome :up:

Spider-Man shooting webs. The action figures have web shots that you put into a huge hole in his hand. It looks stupid.

Banner to Hulk changing.

i still love the fan 4 movie doom figure's action... awsome blue lights..

They were really bright and cool. That action figure was the best in the whole series. I liked the other ones too.:up:

Pretty much any shape-shifting ability. (I include elasticity)
ToyBiz apparently forgot how to do invisibility using a clear figure and color-change paint.

MangleBoP said:
Pretty much any shape-shifting ability. (I include elasticity)
ToyBiz apparently forgot how to do invisibility using a clear figure and color-change paint.
egh the color change paint was crappy in normal form

Spider-Man's wall crawling. They have to put big rubber things on his hands lol.

webhead731 said:
Spider-Man's wall crawling. They have to put big rubber things on his hands lol.
ya... in the 90's... they've pretty much perfected it now, with magnets, foot pegs, and that wall thing that came with manga spidey

Magnets are good, but they don't stick to everything.

no.. but least they duplicated the powers well as an action feature... with magnets and begs spidey can stick to walls.. problem solved

cable and bishops' powers would be near impossible to convert to fig form. so is teleportation for deadpool etc.

SpiderHulkThing said:
um yeah.

shadowcat = kitty pride

kitty pride is in the wal-mart giant-man series.

Oh yeah.

SpiderHulkThing said:
cable and bishops' powers would be near impossible to convert to fig form. so is teleportation for deadpool etc.

Easy way to mimick teleportation:

Throw him across the room. BAM! Teleported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"