The Dark Knight Praise for TDK from Hollywood - a collection of quotes

Silverglade

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey all,

I thought I might try a topic where we can collect the various praise given to The Dark Knight from directors, producers, actors and higher profile celebrities, the praise in print or interview. I thought it might be a fun thread to have everything collected in one place. Do you have any other comments to add to the list?

Philip Seymour Hoffman
"As a kid, I was a big comic book collector. What [Nolan]'s doing is taking it to a whole other exciting great place."

Guy Pearce
"I thought it was really powerful and obviously very different from past Batman films. But I was mostly struck by Heath in the film. I think he really was one of the most strange and compelling characters I've ever seen."

Liam Neeson
"I thought it was very dark, very entertaining. Wonderful performances. The tapestry of the story was quite wonderful."

Mark Ruffalo
"It raises the bar in that entire genre. It's great. It's great filmmaking."

Paul Levitz (President of DC Comics)
"Chris Nolan did an extraordinary job. ... And what Heath did to the Joker, you couldn't do in print — the facial expressions, the body language, how his body twitched. That was the magic of film. Will it influence how it's done in the comics? I'm sure in some fashion. Will it be replicated? No."

Matt Reeves (Cloverfield)
"I almost had nightmares after 'Dark Knight' from Heath Ledger's performance. He so captured that anarchy and bitterness. There's nothing scarier than the person who has nothing to lose. Anarchy is pleasure for them. He definitely deserves some recognition from the Academy Awards. I've never seen somebody in that kind of film who brought that kind of complexity and resonance to the character. He just popped off the screen in a way I'll never forget. It's astonishing."

Steven Spielberg
“I was very happy to see Heath win tonight, and am looking forward to some more ‘Dark Knight’ momentum, because I think it balances everything out wonderfully,” he said. “It was a wonderful movie. It was a good year for movies.”

Last edited:
I like what Hoffman said. Him saying that makes me wonder now if he'd be interested in being "someone" :)

Good to see my homeboy Hoffman liking it.

Literally, I mean he's from the same city as me.

And YAY! Spielberg loved it!

Love the quotes.

Nice to see Ra's Al Ghul put in his 2 cents worth, too :D

Anybody have some quotes from Keaton or Jack?

Maybe Holmes...lol?

Nicholson had a quote in some Austrailian magazine where he said he couldn't take his eyes off of Heath (as the Joker) and that Heath brought the character to a whole new level.

It was my sig a while back but I don't remember the actual quote.

I would love to hear from Keaton/Kilmer.. :p

-TNC

I remember an interview back where Keaton said that he hasn't even seen Batman Begins yet...

:oldrazz:

All of these people are calling out this movie. Not because it was good. But because it made a Billion Dollars and they want their slice. Period.

I would love to hear from Keaton/Kilmer.. :p

-TNC

I wish I could find the video, but I remember there was an interview with Kilmer where he said he loved it, and that he wished he could have done a Batman film similar in style to Nolan's movies.

All of these people are calling out this movie. Not because it was good. But because it made a Billion Dollars and they want their slice. Period.

:facepalm

They want their slice of what, exactly? :huh: What can they possibly achieve by giving their opinions of the movie? Muppet. Period.

this comment and the "this movie will fail"(because the poster sucks) comment in the watchmen final poster thread have me really questioning you...:huh:

Liam Neeson ftw! I hope that he eventually pops up as Ras Al Ghul once more.

And yeah, Chosen1, your comment fails.

Liam Neeson ftw! I hope that he eventually pops up as Ras Al Ghul once more.

And yeah, Chosen1, your comment fails.

IMO, an interesting idea for Batman 3 would be bringing Ras back..with Talia.

But that's for another thread...

^ not importantly but prominently :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"