Preacher Preacher: Season Two

Cassidy is way more of a nice, fun guy on the show. In the comics, he is much more of a jerk who wouldn't be portrayed as the funny, awkward, harmless stoner friend. I like show Cassidy, but he shouldn't have a "heart of gold".

Show Jesse would be something Jody would to create. Hell, he'd be Jody's friend. This is the problem with making show Jesse's father a not so good man. He didn't have that influence to teach him how to be a good man, no matter what comes his way.

To be fair, we don't know the full extent of Cassidy's horribleness until later on in the comics, and he spends the whole first portion of the comics trying to show how much of a " great friend " he is to Jesse. I'm pretty sure they're setting it up in a similar way for Cassidy on the show, winning the audience over only to crush their hearts even harder when he find out what a monster he really is. I'm hoping that's what happens, at least... And yes, I'm still ticked off about the portrayal of Jesse's father as well.

Last edited:
So after everyone complained about the show being stuck in one location for an entire season, they're sticking it in one location for... two seasons ?

Well, shooting location doesn't mean it's gonna be based in NOLA.

Also, we got that whole "Mamas Family" plotline to play with.

To be fair, we don't know the full extent of Cassidy's horribleness until later on in the comics, and he spends the whole first portion of the comics trying to show how much of a " great friend " he is to Jesse. I'm pretty sure they're setting it up in a similar way for Cassidy on the show, winning the audience over only to crush their hearts even harder when he find out what a monster he really is. I'm hoping that's what happens, at least... And yes, I'm still ticked off about the portrayal of Jesse's father as well.
I totally get what you mean but here is my problem. Cassidy is always an *******, even before he darker turn in the books. But he's is Jesse's *******, so you like him, in spite of himself. Here Cassidy is really nice in general. Yeah, he eats and kills people, but only awful people or by accident.Here is he is really helpful to Jesse and Tulip, and is easily the "best" of the bunch.

Given that will be pointless given the "Moms Family" thing would make that repetitive (and lightweight), and that I don't remember anything like that happening in season 1, can you reference the specific episode?
Episode 4, Monster Swamp. Jesse was caught smoking with Tulip and some other kids, so he whooped him with a belt. Clearly not the first or only time he had done it.

So...weren't Jesse and Tulip on a break, anyway? Was he really THAT pissed about Tulip having a husband?

I tried giving the show a second look this season and I thought they were on a good track, but this past episode kinda made Jesse and Tulip brand new characters, wholly unrecognizable from the comics.

They had already strayed far away from the books, but I don't know if I'll keep watching.

I really keep trying again because I love the books so much, but it doesn't even "feel" like Preacher anymore.

Jesse and Tulip are just...unlikeable. Not only that, they are kinda of losers. If this was an original show, i'd probably love it, but in comparison to the source material it pales.

I'm really trying to like the show, i really am LOL

Is it just me or is season 2 dragging for anyone else?

It definitely feels...a bit slower, which is strange considering it hasn't been lacking in story progression, action set pieces, or humor. Not to mention the Saint of Killers in play. Maybe it's the road trip element, but I think you take something away by not having the colorful cast of characters from the town, particularly Jackie Earl Haley and the two angels.

So happy I never read Preacher. Love the show.

I'm sure the books are much better so I'll wait till this show is done. I have them on the shelf actually.

I've read Preacher many times and still enjoy the **** out of the show. Never really cared for straight up adaptions of stuff. The books exist. I like seeing them try new stuff in the show. Some of it works and some doesn't but whatever.

I think I wouldn't have a massive problem with this show if Jesse and Tulip were still good people. Making Jesse and Tulip bad people gives me no one to cheer for. Why would I care about Jesse and Tulip, Jesse's mission, when they are awful human beings?

I've read Preacher many times and still enjoy the **** out of the show. Never really cared for straight up adaptions of stuff. The books exist. I like seeing them try new stuff in the show. Some of it works and some doesn't but whatever.

I'm saying that it needs to be EXACTLY the same, but the deviations from the core characters of Jesse, Tulip & Cassidy almost makes it an entirely new story.

Is it just me or is season 2 dragging for anyone else?

Season One was almost unbearable to me... I get why they did it because ya gotta draw the viewers in with a plausible story, but I'm totally digging Season Two. It just "feels" more like the books imo. :yay:

what the hell that quack removed from that dude?

His soul, I'm guessing?

Also, nice little inclusion with last night's episode using panels from the actual Preacher series. Though I haven't read it myself, it was a nice nod to the source. Plus I like when comic adaptations integrate comic panels into the story or introduction, like Scott Pilgrim, Powerless, and others.

His soul, I'm guessing?

Also, nice little inclusion with last night's episode using panels from the actual Preacher series. Though I haven't read it myself, it was a nice nod to the source. Plus I like when comic adaptations integrate comic panels into the story or introduction, like Scott Pilgrim, Powerless, and others.

It was pretty great to see.

Okay, I know nothing about Herr Starr's comic roots, but I am loving him on the show right now.

so Trump part of the end of the world? oh joy

Okay, I know nothing about Herr Starr's comic roots, but I am loving him on the show right now.

Yes I loved every scene he was in. I have read the books but loving the show, slow pace and all.

Why can't we have separate episode threads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"