Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest mistake for this film was to leave the ending with such a BIG CLIFFHANGER. Big mistake.

Yeah, the ending was pretty unsatisfying, but I guess there was no other way to end the story really other than to kill them, which would have been a bit lame.

Eh, ending a movie is the hardest thing, but it kept true to the spirit of a Predator movie. About the deleted scene with Topher Grace's character explaining why he was picked along with all the soldiers to get dropped on the island. This was what I was thinking the ENTIRE time... and that is why I knew he was going to make it to the end and have a twist. Who thinks the deleted scene shouldn't have been cut? To me, I don't know if the scene was done well enough to hide what was going to happen, but I think it could have if done right.

Not sure i liked the plot twist with Topher Grace but it was fun schlock just most of Rob Rod's repertoire. Overall rather enjoyed it. I do kinda want to see more of the Predator planet though. It looked like they were filming in Rodriguez's jungle of a back yard instead of an alien planet with very sophisticated creatures.

Not sure i liked the plot twist with Topher Grace but it was fun schlock just most of Rob Rod's repertoire. Overall rather enjoyed it. I do kinda want to see more of the Predator planet though. It looked like they were filming in Rodriguez's jungle of a back yard instead of an alien planet with very sophisticated creatures.

I agree, I would like more of the predator planet to be explored. There's a lot of potential for exciting locales.

Yeah there's absolutely got to be more to explore. We see those massive incredible ships they built so I don't buy that they live in the jungle. That area was probably where they just do hunting.

I don't know about you guys, but I would love more of a concrete jungle type movie... let's just say better then Predator 2.

I hope they use Rodriguez' prison idea. There's a prison on the planet, they keep human survivors in to round them up for a hunt/gladiator battle.

i dont see how a gladiator battle would work with a predator and a human.

predators haunting humans is like humans haunting animals. you are running away and the hunter is chasing you.

a predator in a gladiator battle would kill a human in less then a minute.

What if the Predator was stripped off his armour, weapons etc.?

The only thing preventing me from loving this movie was the poor music selection for the first hour or so of the movie, and the open ending. I'd honestly rather watch the originals and the AVP movies.

What if the Predator was stripped off his armour, weapons etc.?
but a predator is still bigger and stronger. a predator was trained to hunt humans. he knows how to kill us. the humans dont know how to kill predators. maybe if it was part of the story that in prison the humans know how to defeat predators?

What if its where they dont fight each other, but compete side by site, not as a team, but side by side against the same non human, no predator opponents, Gladiators fought animals all the time

i dont see how a gladiator battle would work with a predator and a human.

predators haunting humans is like humans haunting animals. you are running away and the hunter is chasing you.

a predator in a gladiator battle would kill a human in less then a minute.

In the 1996 script it was humans vs. other aliens like the stick man with weapons. I'm still digging the prison idea. Have the Predators keep some living trophies and have Royce lead a break out.

I would suggest just translating the older Alien Vs Predator 2 game to screen, but that would cost to much money for Fox. I think Fox needs to take a step of faith here, because they obviously know if done right, these movies, even as R, make money.

I could get behind the prison thing, but the gladiator idea sounds crazy

Just picked it up on Bluray...I enjoyed it.

I can see the criticisms that its too similar to the original BUT...for me it was different enough for me. Really only a number of scenes were blatant copies of from the first, particulary the final battle between the Yakuza and the 2nd Predator/Billy vs. Predator in the first one, they even used the same musical beat.

But it had many other different elements in the movie that made it unique.

The Topher spoiler I saw coming, but was still kind of surprised when it happened. He got what he deserved.

I also liked how Isabel actually brings up the events from the first movie. I knew this was a sequel but I didn't expect any actual references to the original.

Oh and did anyone else catch the song they used at the end? At first I was like, wtf? But after a few seconds, I got it. Very nice. :cwink:

As far as a sequel? I'd like to see maybe Royce and Isabel round up more people and form some sort of army, to stand against the Predators. That would be nice to see.

Yeah there's absolutely got to be more to explore. We see those massive incredible ships they built so I don't buy that they live in the jungle. That area was probably where they just do hunting.

That was always what it was. Royce concludes "This planet is a game preserve".
It's a planet where the Predators go to hunt. Not where they live.

I can see the criticisms that its too similar to the original BUT...for me it was different enough for me. Really only a number of scenes were blatant copies of from the first, particulary the final battle between the Yakuza and the 2nd Predator/Billy vs. Predator in the first one, they even used the same musical beat.

Personally, I thought that scene was different and consider it to be more of a homage than a blatant copy - the musical cue is indeed similiar for that reason but it's different in that it incorporates a Japanese flute.

I feel it was a nod to Billy's final stand but with a twist; something familiar to the audience yet slightly different.

Just picked it up on Bluray...I enjoyed it.

But it had many other different elements in the movie that made it unique.

The Topher spoiler I saw coming, but was still kind of surprised when it happened. He got what he deserved.

I also liked how Isabel actually brings up the events from the first movie. I knew this was a sequel but I didn't expect any actual references to the original.

Oh and did anyone else catch the song they used at the end? At first I was like, wtf? But after a few seconds, I got it. Very nice. :cwink:

As far as a sequel? I'd like to see maybe Royce and Isabel round up more people and form some sort of army, to stand against the Predators. That would be nice to see.

I wouldnt mind something like this happening, like maybe Royce and Isabelle save all the new humans lives, and even show the Predators hunting other creatures while the humans watch on.

Thought it was ok, in no way did it deserve the "S" on the end. The difference between Alien and Aliens is very clear, this just felt too much like a remake of the first with a change of location and less interesting characters.

I still think predator 2 is the best of any movie featuring a predator that has come after the original. This was good though but at some point they have to find a way to get around all the exposition that we (the audience already know) and just get down to business. I really think its time we see the predator home world more in depth and see the culture through the eyes of a human thats been captured.

^Its up in the air for me between Pred 2 and Predators, both movies should have done more with their concepts, and both added to the mythology, the only thing I didnt like about the last movie was the amount of homages and nods to the original, I dont mind a couple, but it starts feeling too familiar if there is too many.

^Its up in the air for me between Pred 2 and Predators, both movies should have done more with their concepts, and both added to the mythology, the only thing I didnt like about the last movie was the amount of homages and nods to the original, I dont mind a couple, but it starts feeling too familiar if there is too many.

yeah predator 2 had a cool concept and i liked the small part where the government was actually aware of them and trying to capture one. I think the homage overload almost killed predators for me. If i was doing a sequel to this, I would automatically skip stuff like:

- whats hunting the humans
- why are we being hunted
- trying to find a common reason why there being hunted
- predator stalking there prey scenes

but having said that when you look at predator movies where there are no aliens present the 4 points above are pretty a predator movie. I think though the jungle bit has been played out enough now and like I said its time to see there homeworld and really dive into the mythology. Im not saying show us she-predators buying food at the market but something in the vein of planet of the apes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"