proto-Superman costume? (post some concepts if you want)

project13

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that the "no flights" rule has a possiblity of being broken, isn't it time for Clark to wear some prototype Superman costume? I think I found a loophole in the "no tights,no flights" policy. Clark may NOT don the red-and-blue tights, but they didn't say anything about a prototype.

*You may post some fan art, concept designs or tell what the prototype costume would look like.

This is a perfectly good example of a proto-Superman costume:

Superman_.jpg

I dunno... to me that looks more like a straight-up alternative costume. What's so proto about it?

He already wears a psuedo costume with the red jacket and blue T-shirt...

I don't mind the suit in that drawing, but the jacket I hate....

Looks like something Dr. Who would wear.

Not real big on the prototype costume idea.
Just seems pointless to me and would take away from that moment hopefully in the finale when we say TW take off in the familiar red & blues to save the day.

No, he already wears red and blue

just because some fanboy has put the \S/ on a blue costume, does not make it superman

I was discussing the other day that I'd kind of like to see Clark get a blue costume ala ollies team, and have him continue to wear his red jacket over it. i don't know, it would be a decent transition period.

I was discussing the other day that I'd kind of like to see Clark get a blue costume ala ollies team, and have him continue to wear his red jacket over it. i don't know, it would be a decent transition period.
That would be about as much as I think should be allowed, and maybe only have it happen once. I could envision that working fine within the SV-verse as a way of suggesting why Clark might warm to the idea of wearing a costume. Imagine it as him wearing the costume (maybe even just the blue Ollie-League suit, no jacket) on a mission, having to use his powers in front of someone, and having that person distracted enough by the get-up that they don't recognize Clark. It could be a stretch (par for the course, anyway), but... just an idea.

Here's another great concept of a proto-Superman costume (just get rid of the gloves).

Kell_El_by_Arkangel_Wulf.jpg

Pretty cool, huh?

Too... too much going on there.

yea its nice but the way the top is and the shield dont really mix well and then the gloves too.

That would be about as much as I think should be allowed, and maybe only have it happen once. I could envision that working fine within the SV-verse as a way of suggesting why Clark might warm to the idea of wearing a costume. Imagine it as him wearing the costume (maybe even just the blue Ollie-League suit, no jacket) on a mission, having to use his powers in front of someone, and having that person distracted enough by the get-up that they don't recognize Clark. It could be a stretch (par for the course, anyway), but... just an idea.

I like that idea.

I might have to take a stab at this. I'm not sure the jacket is do-able with the OllieLeague costume style, but it's a nice challenge to try and design something that would work. I'd like to see the jacket incorporated - in some form.

I like that idea.

I might have to take a stab at this. I'm not sure the jacket is do-able with the OllieLeague costume style, but it's a nice challenge to try and design something that would work. I'd like to see the jacket incorporated - in some form.

I think the suit itself would have to be pretty simple. If they were going to end the series suggesting or showing Clark going the way of the classic costume, with the very simple basis of the blue tights/body suit, it wouldn't make sense to have Clark first inspired to the idea by a much more tech-y, flashy looking get-up. Unless, of course, Clark mentions that it's not a bad suit, he just would've preferred something simpler. Or, you could, and reason it as being designed & built by Ollie, and Clark simply warming to the idea of the blue suit in general. Or, heck, have Clark hold on to the suit for the future. You know, just in case. (...And have that become the basis of the costume). In any case, it'd be best to keep the Ollie-League Boy Scout costume simple.

I think it'd take more creativity to reason Clark into the red jacket while into the suit. Maybe's caught wearing it (during downtime or pre-mission) or something by a teammate, who comments on its appeal. Or maybe they poke fun at him for it, and he defends it, realizing himself how it appeals to him.

Either way, I think Ollie would realize, given Clark's powers, that a suit for him wouldn't require gauntlets, armour, tech-y stuff, etc. Logically, in my opinion, he'd design something for Clark very simple, more to have him better fit into the team than protect or somehow otherwise affect his performance. That, I think, is part of the appeal of the classic Superman costume. No armour or sectional padding, no tubings, nothing like you see on Batman or the X-Men. The simplicity of the costume belies the powers and abilities of the character in it.

Here's another great concept of a proto-Superman costume (just get rid of the gloves).

Pretty cool, huh?

much worse than the first one, still not superman.... and why the hell would superman need a pair of gloves? Moreover, he's kryptonian, and does not need a jacket to keep him warm. And may I just add, that people complained ALOT about superman's trunks in SR(many a gay comment was made because of their size).... and you really expect people to accept a set of super-chaps instead?

Honestly, to warm up to the costume, all they need to do is give him a Tshirt, just like the superboy in the comics. Simple and subtle. Giving him a ******ed non-costume is a terrible idea

much worse than the first one, still not superman.... and why the hell would superman need a pair of gloves? Moreover, he's kryptonian, and does not need a jacket to keep him warm. And may I just add, that people complained ALOT about superman's trunks in SR(many a gay comment was made because of their size).... and you really expect people to accept a set of super-chaps instead?

Honestly, to warm up to the costume, all they need to do is give him a Tshirt, just like the superboy in the comics. Simple and subtle. Giving him a ******ed non-costume is a terrible idea

:up::up:

not a fan of that design. the jacket looks silly and it incorporates one of the worst parts of that awful Superman Returns costume with the \S/ belt buckle

Pretty cool, huh?

I hate the large belt buckle, it's not the \S/ so much as the size and Kal-El is misspelled, they have it as Kell-El...

:confused:

Pretty cool, huh?

its ok but needs modifictions. One of them is to get rid of the red on the pants. I know they tried to update the undies look but it just looks stupid.

I think the suit itself would have to be pretty simple. If they were going to end the series suggesting or showing Clark going the way of the classic costume, with the very simple basis of the blue tights/body suit, it wouldn't make sense to have Clark first inspired to the idea by a much more tech-y, flashy looking get-up. Unless, of course, Clark mentions that it's not a bad suit, he just would've preferred something simpler. Or, you could, and reason it as being designed & built by Ollie, and Clark simply warming to the idea of the blue suit in general. Or, heck, have Clark hold on to the suit for the future. You know, just in case. (...And have that become the basis of the costume). In any case, it'd be best to keep the Ollie-League Boy Scout costume simple.

I think it'd take more creativity to reason Clark into the red jacket while into the suit. Maybe's caught wearing it (during downtime or pre-mission) or something by a teammate, who comments on its appeal. Or maybe they poke fun at him for it, and he defends it, realizing himself how it appeals to him.

Either way, I think Ollie would realize, given Clark's powers, that a suit for him wouldn't require gauntlets, armour, tech-y stuff, etc. Logically, in my opinion, he'd design something for Clark very simple, more to have him better fit into the team than protect or somehow otherwise affect his performance. That, I think, is part of the appeal of the classic Superman costume. No armour or sectional padding, no tubings, nothing like you see on Batman or the X-Men. The simplicity of the costume belies the powers and abilities of the character in it.

The guy who made this gotta have the right idea.

Smallville__s_JLA_by_MicroManED.png

Just put him in Kon El's last costume

Ehh, No costume. Maybe like a ski mask or something to try and get his whole secret identity thing going. Kinda like in the 3rd season premiere when he was on red-k. It actually wasn't that bad an i could picture him wearing something like that to start saving more people. But save an actual costume for the blue tights.

2d6vzt1.png

Pretty cool, huh?
WTF is this? They've put together GA and Clark, and he looks like a ill robot! :hehe:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised by seeing Clark wearing something like that in Smallville.

The guy who made this gotta have the right idea.

Smallville__s_JLA_by_MicroManED.png
Awesome! Where did you get it?

No masks.
Absolutely!

That's the whole point of this thread. It's to discuss how a proto-Superman costume would fit into the SV universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"