Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

I think the digital only ps5 should be 350 Just for the fact that the launch price of both ps4 and ps4 pro are 399 and both have a disc drive.

Ps5 (digital only) might be more powerful but it doesn't automatically mean it should be more expensive. They are taking out the disc drive so that also means all ps5/4 discs, blu ray, 4k blu rays and DVD discs are incompatible with the device. Imagine buying the digital only ps5 and the physical copies you've bought from the last ten years are useless to the ps5. So for that reason alone, it shouldn't be priced at 399.

But I'm already eXpecting it to be at 399 given that the reports that the ps5 (with disc drive) was going to be more than 499. Which is mindboggling. Why would Sony increase the price of their consoles more than 100 dollars? Especially ps4/ps4 pro were only 399. I just don't get it.
newer tech, more powerful tech, higher material costs, etc., can also contribute to a higher price point.

newer tech, more powerful tech, higher material costs, etc., can also contribute to a higher price point.
Yeah but thats probably the reason why Ps3 was so expensive when it was launched. Like I said, game consoles aren't like cellphones/laptops that the general public would invest so much money in a new game console. Some are probably going to buy when its cheaper, thats maybe 3 years from now. Especially now, streaming and mobile gaming are getting more accessible. Then there's also the Switch which is quite popular despite its limited power. Switch isn't even that expensive. It only costs maybe 20 dollars more than Series S iirc.

Imo, part of ps4's success, selling more than 100 million copies worldwide is the price - it wasnt that expensive from the getgo. So they should do that to ps5 as well to possibly match its success (it won't). Now with a cheaper Xbox, Imo, they should plan something now just incase Series S launches well... it probably will especially lots ofpeople who didn't buy a XB1 might finally pick up a XB. Big Games like Gta 6 would be on Xbox Series S as well.

Last edited:
Ya all this talk from Phil (blowhard) Spencer.. about how they have the flexibility to have a low price (ya ya).. talks about all the great games (no game play).. the guy is just a BS machine and wish I could tell him as much to his face.

Ya all this talk from Phil (blowhard) Spencer.. about how they have the flexibility to have a low price (ya ya).. talks about all the great games (no game play).. the guy is just a BS machine and wish I could tell him as much to his face.
Yeah. I used to be a big fan of Phil Spencer, but I have lost a lot of faith in him and Xbox over the past several years or so. They've been all talk and no show.

$70 games?

I guess it was too be expected.

Also, nearly 10 lbs, the PS5 is a chonky boy.

Last edited:
I got lucky last night and happened to come on here, see people say it went online. So I checked my usuals and got on Target almost to the minute when they sent live there and got one.

So yup, it was PS5 for me as well

I gotta make adjustments in my TV table sometime neXt year.

I do wish these consoles are decreasing in thickness, similar to how thin laptops/tv/cellphones are these days. Hopefully in 2026, when they begin designing PS6, they already figure out how to make smaller physical-sized consoles.

The size, I believe, is more for cooling than anything else.

Well, talk about a last minute mic-drop game-changer!! MS buys Bethesda!! Holy ****!! Just when you thought all the pieces were set in place. Then this happens!

Yup, that about does it. Going to see about getting my Pre-order tomorrow

Well, talk about a last minute mic-drop game-changer!! MS buys Bethesda!! Holy ****!! Just when you thought all the pieces were set in place. Then this happens!

Good for Microsoft, maybe Series X will finally have some eXclusives.

Now Sony, buy Take Two Interactive!

wow. mS is getting Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom

FYI, by 5 years in the lifetime Skyrim sold over 30 million copies

The best thing for me is that all of those games just became free on launch on gamepass. That makes it so much better value for money.

I would not jump in just because of this. Microsoft does allow stuff they own to go multiplatform.

It's on my radar now. and I may just preorder the Series X just to secure one.
Well Ghostwire Tokyo and the other one (forgot the name) are still being released in the ps5.

While the next Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bethesda games are probably still years away so you might not need to secure a Series X this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"