Psych

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the Yin/Yang saga is over yet. I believe Yin is dead though and with Yang lock up I believe Allison will escape and continue as the new Yin (can't have Yang without a Yin) or she'll go by Wuji to continue the endless circle of murders committed by her mentor.

I think Allison will definitely return for next years Season finale. Oh and how awesome was Lassies' face at the end there?

Good finale. I liked the reveal of Lin. I was buying into Matt's theory of the coroner being Yin but this is fine. At first I thought it was going to be Mary after all. What a crazy thought. And the preview pretty much gave away Allison being his accomplice.

And what can anyone make of Lassies' face after he talked to Buzz. He shook his head a little and you heard the Yin/Yang theme play briefly. I think that's definitely a hint of what's to come.

Yeah the choice for Yin was awesome. I liked his work on Dexter too. Part of me was hoping that it'd be Declan just because Im sad to see him go.

A bit underwhelming, but still awesome episode

Good finale. I liked the reveal of Lin. I was buying into Matt's theory of the coroner being Yin but this is fine. At first I thought it was going to be Mary after all. What a crazy thought. And the preview pretty much gave away Allison being his accomplice.

And what can anyone make of Lassies' face after he talked to Buzz. He shook his head a little and you heard the Yin/Yang theme play briefly. I think that's definitely a hint of what's to come.

There was something fishy about him, maybe he was just tired or maybe he was somehow hypnotized, it was a bit creepy especially for Lassie the way he stood there listening to & staring at Shawn & Jules when they couldn't see him.

think the last bit with Lassie was suppose to comical, like the whole Yin/Yang thing doesn't bother him but seeing Shawn and Juliet kiss really bothered him.
I lost it when Peter Weller was revealed ah man it was so awesome but he was completely underused and I was really disappointed they kill him haha Weller just can't catch a break in TV shows. I hope it truly is the end to the Yin/Yang and that Allison doesn't return. It'd be like in the Saw movies, none of his apprentices were anything even close to Jigsaw and Allison would be the same way.
I was a bit underwhelmed by the finale but it was still decent and I can't wait til next season hopefully Cary Elwes makes another appearance because he is by far my favorite adversary of Shawn and Gus'.

Yeah, the last part was more for comic relief. But that head shake he gave with the Yin theme was suspicious. They wouldn't make that much of a big deal about it. We've seen it happen before.

Mena Suvari looked like one of those Charles Manson girls.

Freaking creepy.

Whats up with Lassie? Hope hes just exhausted.

Yeah, the last part was more for comic relief. But that head shake he gave with the Yin theme was suspicious. They wouldn't make that much of a big deal about it. We've seen it happen before.

This thread from imdb sums it pretty well. I couldn't make 2 cents out of it either but after ready a few posts there. It makes sense. For a brief second, there was a sign that the ordeal did effect him.

Last edited:
My interpretation of the Lassie scene.

Lassie cares about Jules immensely. She is the closest thing to a friend or family member than he has. His love for her (and I don't mean that as romantic love, but more that she is like a little sister to him) has been pronounced on several occassions. Therefore he was looking for her to check on her and for comfort himself, because like everyone else, he was mentally and emotionally drained from the Yin ordeal. Then he saw Juliet kiss Shawn, his nemesis. And that hurt him. That basically caught him off guard and broke down all of his shields (that he showed to McNabb) and forced him to deal with both his surrogate sister being with his nemesis and the events of the day. That basically destroyed his attempts to suppress his emotion and he became overwhelmed. That is what the scene was a reflection of.

My interpretation of the Lassie scene.

Lassie cares about Jules immensely. She is the closest thing to a friend or family member than he has. His love for her (and I don't mean that as romantic love, but more that she is like a little sister to him) has been pronounced on several occassions. Therefore he was looking for her to check on her and for comfort himself, because like everyone else, he was mentally and emotionally drained from the Yin ordeal. Then he saw Juliet kiss Shawn, his nemesis. And that hurt him. That basically caught him off guard and broke down all of his shields (that he showed to McNabb) and forced him to deal with both his surrogate sister being with his nemesis and the events of the day. That basically destroyed his attempts to suppress his emotion and he became overwhelmed. That is what the scene was a reflection of.
this

The bit with Lassie reminds me of an episode of the Shield in which after cracking a serial killer and being congratulated by everyone in the department, Dutch goes out to his car and breaks down and cries.

While Lassie's scene wasn't so dramatic, it carries the similar idea that even though these guys try to put up an unaffected facade, it all still weighs heavily on them.

Was the guy from Robo Cop on the show before? They acted like they had seen him before?

I wasn't happy with the episode, not as great as the build up leading to it made it out to be.
Should have been the Coroner.

I think that's our own fault of injecting that prediction into our heads for these many months. To the point where we expected it.

And Matt's right about the final scene with Lassie.

The coroner was a great idea, no getting around that.
But, even without that I think I still would have been let down.
Even if it had been someone they had shown in a previous episode, it would have been better.
They barely gave him any screen time, and the time they gave him I didn't really care.
And if you are going to give a character you have built up that much so little screen time, it should be someone we already have met and possibly care for.
I can just imagine the same episode, the same scene, but with the coroner instead of [BLACKOUT]Robo Cop[/BLACKOUT]. I would have cared more. (this is all my personal opinion however, people who liked the episode are entitled to.)
Even in the show the guy tells Shawn that he doesn't even care about it, it was the Mr. Yang (Yin?).

Oh, and why didn't they make any references to Robo Cop, or ... wait. I had the movie reference a minute ago. i'll be right back.

Also, now they have revealed [BLACKOUT]Mr. Yang (the daughter), Mr. Yin (father), and the blond girl (step daughter), whats left? The Mother! You know she will eventually pop up.[/BLACKOUT]

The last scene with Lassie I took as a comedic thing, but he seemed SO stunned at the end, it was almost too stunned. Probably still meant to be funny, but maybe its hinting at a problem too, like Lassie (very by the book most times) will make trouble because they are dating and its not allowed or something.

Last edited:
Quick question: Are they still doing the pineapple gag. I havent been paying attention to them for almost the whole season

They say one commercial into the show that they do,
But I stopped paying attention to that when, since I DVRd it, I went back and looked one time, and the Pineapple was a little ceramic thing mostly in the shadows on Gus's nightstand. Barely recognizable. So I can't be sure.

The coroner was a great idea, no getting around that.
But, even without that I think I still would have been let down.
Even if it had been someone they had shown in a previous episode, it would have been better.
They barely gave him any screen time, and the time they gave him I didn't really care.
And if you are going to give a character you have built up that much so little screen time, it should be someone we already have met and possibly care for.
I can just imagine the same episode, the same scene, but with the coroner instead of [BLACKOUT]Robo Cop[/BLACKOUT]. I would have cared more. (this is all my personal opinion however, people who liked the episode are entitled to.)
Even in the show the guy tells Shawn that he doesn't even care about it, it was the Mr. Yang (Yin?).

Oh, and why didn't they make any references to Robo Cop, or ... wait. I had the movie reference a minute ago. i'll be right back.

Also, now they have revealed [BLACKOUT]Mr. Yang (the daughter), Mr. Yin (father), and the blond girl (step daughter), whats left? The Mother! You know she will eventually pop up.[/BLACKOUT]

The last scene with Lassie I took as a comedic thing, but he seemed SO stunned at the end, it was almost too stunned. Probably still meant to be funny, but maybe its hinting at a problem too, like Lassie (very by the book most times) will make trouble because they are dating and its not allowed or something.

I agree that Weller should have been used in an earlier episode to make the reveal more shocking.

The shot with him in the darkness, I thought it might have been Mary. It occured to me since Yin had an apprentice, Mary could have been the one as the fake Yin to "kill" Mary in the warehouse and then dig Mary up or whatever. That would have been a bit much though.

I'm glad the coroner wasn't Yin, I like that character the way he is and would be sad to lose him. I enjoyed the finale very much. The Lassie bit at the end was good.

Last edited:
Making the coroner Yin would've been absolutely terrible. I'm glad the people behind Psych appreciate the kind of show it is. There's nothing wrong with being a light, funny show where things never get too grim.

Allison being obsessed with Shawn all of his life has to be leading to something. How the heck would she know anything special would come out of that kid's life ?

I almost expected there to be some kind of reveal about Shawn's mother.

Kristy Swanson to Guest Star on Psych Season Premiere
March 23rd, 2011 11:01 AM by TV Fanatic Staff Show: Psych, Tag: Psych Casting News
She slayed vampires on the big screen many years ago, but might the stake soon be on the other foot for Kristy Swanson?

The actress will guest star on an episode of Psych this summer, coming on board the USA hit as a mysterious woman who Shawn and Gus suspect of a unique murder: the body of her alleged victim has its blood drained.

Swanson will appear on the summer premiere, which will be aptly titled "This Episode Sucks."

Late last year, star James Roday did tease that a sixth season installment would center around vampires in some way.

Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/03/kr...-star-on-psych-season-premiere/#ixzz1Ilfa8AjL

Malcolm McDowell to Guest Star in Psych's Sixth-Season Premiere
Fri., Apr. 1, 2011 10:25 AM PDT by DRUSILLA MOORHOUSE

Alan Zenuk/USA Network; Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Malcolm McDowell will be bringing his own brand of delicious flavor to Psych's sixth-season premiere!

In the episode titled "Shawn Rescues Darth Vader," the cold-blooded Entourage and Clockwork Orange star guests as Ambassador Fanshaw, a witty British diplomat temporarily residing in Santa Barbara. When a murdered woman turns up in his house, Fanshaw hires Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dulé Hill) to help him psychically find her killer.

Production began in Santa Barbara Vancouver last week for Psych's new season; USA has not yet set an air date.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/wat...owell_guest_star_in_psychs.html#ixzz1Ilg05MP1

Nice guest stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"