Psycho prequel series "Bates Motel"

A series about Norman growing up with a psycho mom? Alright, I'm sold. :)

TV Guide:
Keck's Exclusives: Bates Motel Casts Its Norman
by William Keck

After an exhaustive search for a young man to take over the iconic role immortalized by Anthony Perkins in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece Psycho, A&E's new prequel series, Bates Motel, has cast its Norman Bates.

The part has gone to 20-year-old English lad Freddie Highmore, who first gained notoriety opposite Johnny Depp in 2004's Finding Neverland. Depp and Highmore re-teamed a year later on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with Highmore playing lucky Golden Ticket winner Charlie Bucket.

Earlier this year, Bates Motel executive producer Carlton Cuse told me that his Norman might not be what fans expect. Cuse isn't looking for someone to imitate Perkins, as this series will offer an original, multi-layered take on Hitchcock's classic. Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air) will play Norman's mother, Norma Louise Bates, who Cuse described to me as "very hot." (Certainly hotter than the skeleton who played the part in Psycho!)

The series is expected to begin production by early October for a 2013 premiere.
:eek::up:

Awesome. This show could be the one to fill Breaking Bad's loss.

Jesus that's... so far out of left field and leaves me even more hyped about this...

I'm of the variety who thinks actors who play excellent good guys and average joes are the CREEPIEST actors to play psychopaths. Those are the creepiest kinds of budding criminals to me - the boy next door guys who kill you when you turn your back. :woot:

THR:
A&E's 'Bates Motel' Adds Max Thieriot as Norman's Brother
5:27 PM PDT 9/14/2012 by Lesley Goldberg

The "Kit Kittredge" co-star will play Freddie Highmore's older James Dean-like big brother, Dylan, in the network's "Psycho" prequel.

A&E's Bates Motel has given Norman Bates an older brother.

Kit Kittredge: An American Girl alum Max Thieriot has joined the network's Psycho prequel playing the older brother to the budding psychopath, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

From Lost's Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights' Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman's relationship with his mother, Norma and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Freddie Highmore will play the young Norman, while Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga will play his mother, Norma. Thieriot will play Dylan, Norma's oldest son and the big brother to Norman who is described as a petulant and rebellious James Dean-type.

Thieriot, repped by Gersh, Viewpoint and McKuin Frankel, most recently starred in ABC's untitled Roland Emmerich drama as an astrophysics grad student who learns he's the chosen one to destroy the forces of evil. ABC passed on the project in May.

Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year.
A better looking older brother for Norman?.... Yeah, I'm sure things are going to end well for him. :o

Two of my favorite actors, or at least ones that are around my age (don't know too many other actors who started off young and seem like they'll still be in their prime later in life in comparison, guessing, to what the past was like (seems like a lot of the older actors today were the teenage/adolescent actors of yesteryear - always keeping an eye out for who those could be). Seriously pumped to see where these guys (Theriot & Highmore) take it.

Good cast and it is based on one of my favorite horror franchises, so, I am definitely excited for it.

THR:
'Bates Motel' Adds 'Last Airbender' Actress as Love Interest for Norman (Exclusive)
2:35 PM PDT 9/19/2012 by Lesley Goldberg

Nicola Peltz will play Bradley Kenner, a classmate of Freddie Highmore's young Norman.

A&E is rounding out the cast of its Psycho prequel Bates Motel.

The Last Airbender co-star Nicola Peltz is near a deal to join the cable network's drama about Norman Bates' formative years, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

Peltz will play Bradley Kenner, a girl Norman (Freddie Highmore) takes a liking to at school who's described as bright and effortlessly sexy with a depth that makes her seem older than she really is.

From Lost's Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights' Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman's relationship with his mother, Norma, and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer. Vera Farmiga will star as Norma, while Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Highmore will play the young Norman.

In addition, Olivia Cooke (Blackout) has boarded the series as Emma, a classmate of Norman's with a penchant for adventure despite having a medical condition that requires her to roll a portable oxygen tank along with her, THR has confirmed.

Peltz and Cooke join the previously announced Max Thieriot, who will play Dylan, Norman's older rebellious brother.

Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year.

Peltz, whose credits also include Deck the Halls, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment.

Deadline:
Young British actress Olivia Cooke (BBC’s Blackout) has landed a co-starring role on A&E’s upcoming series Bates Motel, which serves as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock horror classic Psycho. The series examines the twisted relationship between serial-killer-to-be Norman (Freddie Highmore) and his mother Norma (Vera Varmiga). Cooke, repped by Gersh and Lena Roklin, will play the eccentric and extremely bright Emma, who has a disease that could take her life early and gives her a sense of adventure and that time is of the essence. She recently finished the thriller The Quiet Ones.

Something just occured to me. Has it been said who's going to direct the pilot for this? I guess since it's been picked up straight to series, a pilot doesn't really matter, but Hannibal has David Slade, so I wonder who'll be directing the first episode of this series.

Jesus, they do look similar, don't they? I never noticed.

Freddie Highmore as Norman Bates is really unexpected but interesting.

Having Vera Farmiga and Nestor Carbonell onboard is nice too.

Something just occured to me. Has it been said who's going to direct the pilot for this? I guess since it's been picked up straight to series, a pilot doesn't really matter, but Hannibal has David Slade, so I wonder who'll be directing the first episode of this series.

Jack Bender was the lead director on Lost, shot the series finale - his relationship could nab him directing the pilot. That should be the next piece of news to come out.

It will film in Vancouver and take place in the modern day, which is kinda disappointing was hoping the series would be set in the late 1940s.

First Look Pic
Bates Motel Is Back in Business
With the holidays bearing down on us, it's important to remember that there's always a family more dysfunctional than your own. On A&E's series Bates Motel, debuting in spring 2013, Freddie Highmore will play a younger Norman Bates — the oedipal killer in Alfred Hitchcock's masterwork Psycho — living with his very beloved mother (Vera Farmiga) at the iconic lodging. But showrunners Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights) say the series won't be limited just to what occurs in the rooms (and showers) of the motel. ''The town itself is very much a character in the show,'' Cuse says. ''There are a lot of secrets that lurk beneath this bucolic veneer.'' So maybe the Bateses aren't the only ones harboring some unhealthy psychological issues? After all, as someone once said, we all go a little mad sometimes. —Keith Staskiewicz

I'd say she was too hot to be Mrs. Bates, but ironically she probably was pretty hot.

she looks way to hot. Farmiga is way to hot .

need trailer .

I'd say she was too hot to be Mrs. Bates, but ironically she probably was pretty hot.
wouldnt be suprised if she has sex in every episode and then kills the man.

So that would be the origin of Anthony Bates murdering women who come to the hotel. Tramautized by his tramp of a mother. :o

Yeah, whatevs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"