Punisher...the tv series?!

Greaaaaat USA, like WITCHBLADE!

yikes.....

Punisher TV-series? :confused:

NO! No, no, no, no, non, niet, nein, nay, never, ever, ever, ever, ever.
mad.gif

Jigsaw said:
Personally, I think it should be a premium service kind of thing, but whatever...

I'm not as much of a fan of TV as I am of movies.

Did anybody else remember that guy who posted the script to a possible TV series about a year ago? I remember flaming that guy and saying he was feeding us a load of bullcrap, but I wonder if this is that project he was talking about.
No. I assure you it wasn't him. He wrote a ton of fanfics saying they were "TV scripts" and I flamed him too, because I saw his Spider-Man and "James Bond JR." scripts. He sucked at life.

Carter said:
Greaaaaat USA, like WITCHBLADE!

yikes.....
Witchblade was on TNT, and if you recall, it was their only original show at the time. They mostly run reruns of Law and Order and ER.

The idea of a Punsher TV series on a cable network where the violence would not have to be edited would actually work better than the last movie did....and I loved the last movie. His stories fit better in an hour long format than they would in a two hour feature.

Everyone is reading this wrong , I dont think it will be on NBC but a cable station owned by NBC. I think it may have a good chance on USA Network.

jimthecomicguy said:
His stories fit better in an hour long format than they would in a two hour feature.

Depends on who is writing the stories...Ennis' 6 issue arcs don't make for a 1 hour show...

Balthus, speaking of terrible stuff by Trilogors, go to the FF board, and help me explain the wrongness of his ways again. His Spider-Man meet the FF script is standard fare.

I would like a adult animated series for the Punisher. After they had Spawn on HBO awhile back I thought that would be perfect for the Punisher also.

I am with you rukus...and they didnt say it was live action or animated...It still could be

The one I was writing was intended to be animated.

:(

An animated series would be better.

You can have the violence and cool storylines while at the same time not recasting anyone.

I would think it would be on HBO, unless maybe a channel like FX gets it for a late night show or something.

Master Kenobi said:
An animated series would be better.

You can have the violence and cool storylines while at the same time not recasting anyone.

I would think it would be on HBO, unless maybe a channel like FX gets it for a late night show or something.

And they would not have to spend as much money to do the effects and stunts if they were just drawn.

jimthecomicguy said:
Sounds like it could be a terrible idea. To be honest, the nature of the Punisher would work beautifully on HBO or F/X, but not NBC. As long as Joey doesnt do a cameo!
I think they could turn this around to work in their favor by leaving the violence to our imagination.

Show Frank holding a guy up to a barbed-wire fence, then cut away to a flow of pidgeons that flys away when the screaming starts.

Then cut back to the guy with cuts and scratches all over him.

Pffffft.

I'd rather see what he does with the fence. :)

For reference: BattleStar Galactica is made by NBC Universal. It airs on Sci Fi, but NBC produces it.

If you have a problem with the production values on BSG, you're a moron.

Rukus said:
I would like a adult animated series for the Punisher. After they had Spawn on HBO awhile back I thought that would be perfect for the Punisher also.

I rather it be an adult animated series too. Tom Jane would of course have to do the voice.

An animated series would go along good because Pun. is from the comics. So to me it just seems like I'd be watching a Pun. comic.

What ever happened to the proposed Punisher tv series?:huh:

Retroman said:
What ever happened to the proposed Punisher tv series?:huh:

Didn't MSJ said he is doing something with HBO right now but can't talk about it?? Hmm we can only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"