Punisher...the tv series?!

That would be cool but first we need to get the sequel moving forward for that to happen. HBO or not.

They could still do an animated series with a sequel being made.

NOOO! I want a sequel...I hope they still do one. If they do a Punisher tv series I hope its animated like yall said, TJ did a great job on the video game, why get anyone else? A watered down, censored Punisher just wont feel right to me.

This is going to just end up like the blade tv series cancelled either half way or at the end of the season.

They should just stick to the movies. Cause the cartoon and tv shows of late are getting canned left and right.

That's true, if it is really well written and it doesn't make audiences THINK it is cliche' then it will go great. It's got to entrance comic fans as well as casual viewers, but if people go "Meh wow...a revenge story, that's great..." it wont do as well. But if it has the Punisher and colorful rogues he's come across like Tombstone, kingpin, bonebreaker, russia, Jigsaw then it'll catch peopl'e attention, heck we could have Daredevil cameos for added measure. Aaaaah to dream...uh.... >_0 monocle vanish *poof*

RedIsNotBlue said:
They could still do an animated series with a sequel being made.
An animated series would be cool. It'll probably out last the feature films.

Out of all the Marvel heroes, I think the Punisher would work better as a live-action tv than any other marvel hero. Blade series was ok but they lowered his fighting abilities and powers greatly from the movies and comics.

it wouldn't end up like the blade series if it was late night on a premium channel and therefore could be gritty and violent. if hbo is so keen on the preacher, maybe they'll eventually pick up the punisher. some of the ennis arcs would translate well on television, especially the max stuff. lets hope the sequel is awesome and blows the first outta the water and maybe one day we'll get this show.

well the punisher 2 is being made, i think tom jane is a great punisher. What hollywood needs to learn is that they should keep to the real story lines and not go off other directions like they did with punisher 2004, the origin about the whole family, i dont even remember reading in any of the comics him being an fbi agent either. its a waste of time doing that and could have been used for something more exciting. As for the tv series i would love to see one after a few movie sequels. As long as they keep to the true frank castle as a gritty hardcore soldier who's out to kick ass. involve chip his side kick, and make sure it doesn't go in the direction Blade series has.

If this does happen, I suggest Richard Burgi ("The Sentinel," "Firefly") as an older, comics-accurate Punisher. He's about Frank's age in the comics now and has the look and the build.

jimleansab9.jpg

'Hood

maybe on showtime but f/x still constrains to much I mean watch the movie on monday and see how much they will cut out of it.

if a series was done, hmm.. should it be heavy on action, or just heavy on characters, ala The Sopranos.. if they could get some of those writers involved, that would be good.. each season Frank could take on a new Mob family...

This is going to just end up like the blade tv series cancelled either half way or at the end of the season.

They should just stick to the movies. Cause the cartoon and tv shows of late are getting canned left and right.

I agree,this will be a downright failure.No chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"