Hulk smash ABC! ‘Incredible’ revival heads to TV

Well, the idea is to do a Television show and other solo movies as well.
Aren't they worried about oversaturating the market or something? That's the company line I always hear when this sort of approach is discussed.

Aren't they worried about oversaturating the market or something? That's the company line I always hear when this sort of approach is discussed.

I'd wonder that, too, but since this is Marvel & Disney we're talking about, I would say the answer is "no."

Any funding for the TV show can easily be acquired if Disney Land Tokyo ups its admission fee by 10 yen and merchandise by 5 yen per item.
I said the same thing when John Carter was reportedly a box office flop.

It depends on the product...but multiple media outlets never hurt Spider-man's, Batman's or Superman's success.

Not surprised to see Jessica Jones cancelled. I think with the success of The Avengers, Marvel is re-evaluating what characters to put on TV. IMO Heroes for Hire would work great and be an ideal fit for TV, while fitting into the larger MCU. Create an Iron Fist TV movie and a Luke Cage TV movie with both flowing into the HFH series.

A Luke Cage and Iron Fist show could be cool. I don't know why they don't do a S.H.I.E.L.D. spy espionage show? It'd be along the lines of Star Trek...meets Jedis...meets Mission Impossible.

Last edited:
Your right man. If you think in terms of TV budget then a SHIELD show would be cool. Make it about a couple of mid le el agents so you only hear Fury and all the Avengers mentioned. What they deal with is more of the Human Target/24/The Unit/I Spy/Mission Impossible type feel. Little action, little spying, every now and then throw in a low level Marvel hero.

Of course they want a Hulk show even more than ever. He's clearly getting the most buzz from the movie. But Marvel needs to pull the plug. Hulk just won't work on the small screen if you really want to do him justice.

Of course The Incredible Hulk should be the primary focus, but Marvel Television has other shows planned as well.

Of course they want a Hulk show even more than ever. He's clearly getting the most buzz from the movie. But Marvel needs to pull the plug. Hulk just won't work on the small screen if you really want to do him justice.

Who still has a "small screen" these days, anyway? (besides me)

Hulk almost seems too obvious. I'm kind of hoping he's writing a She Hulk series. That would be incredible plus he could add her to the Avengers!

That might be a bit too daring though this early on so I reckon he'll go for a Shield series.

24 from the director of The Avengers is an easy sell.

I sincerely doubt this happens- I don't think Ruffalo would do it, and I don't think Marvel would want to dilute the RuffaHulk impact at this time

I sincerely doubt this happens- I don't think Ruffalo would do it, and I don't think Marvel would want to dilute the RuffaHulk impact at this time

Why do you doubt it? GDT was quoted just this week that he's working on it, but he just needs a certain writer to free up.

Nobody comes right out and says that their project(s) is/are dead. They just talk about them less and less

When At the Mountains of Madness ended Guillermo Del Toro said the project was probably dead, that's how you know their projects in hollywood are dead, that and when you don't hear from a certain adaptation fro more than 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"