Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

He's not being made a scapegoat, he's rightfully getting called out for being a piece of **** that damaged one woman, covered for a rapist and made excuses for another, by all means hang all of them out to dry, but he deserves zero sympathy for rightfully being brought to the fore for what he has done, pointing fingers at others doesn't lessen what he has done.
Pff. Hyperboles and exaggeration. Internet at it's finest.

I would say yes he is. Regardless of what happened to him early on in his life, what he did was awful and he ran away from facing responsibility. That is cowardice, and he has used the system since to keep making money so he could not face the consequences of his actions. So, yes. I stand by my comment. Just having been a victim of tragedy doesn't absolve you of wrong doing when you in turn do something awful.

I am aware of what the autopsy found on Hernandez. But, same can be said for Chris Benoit, and I will tell ya, I cannot watch his matches knowing what he did, regardless of circumstance. I rewatched like all of 96 and 97 era WCW Monday Nitro 2 years ago, and I had to skip all his segments because it made me feel dirty.

I have a lot of empathy for Hernandez and Benoit. We were all innocent babies once. Head injuries are real, and we were all tragically ignorant about them.

Pff. Hyperboles and exaggeration. Internet at it's finest.

What exagerration exactly? He was to blame for the serous injuries Uma Thurman sustained, he knew about Weinstein sexually abusing women and did nothing, and he excused a child rapist with "She wanted it" There's no hyperbole or exagerration, what there is, is a bunch of fanboys excusing the disgusting actions of someone that makes a piece of entertainment they like, real life be damned lets worry about the film that the guy is going to make, THAT is the internet at it's finest, no accountability for anything.

So ya'll better have a really small portion of movies and entertainment to watch then, cause MOST of them are scum, if we going by that.

If I find out about it, then yeah, I'll skip their stuff, it's not that hard to do, I am sure there are still plenty of people making movies that aren't abusing women and excusing rape.

This is similar to the whole "It's ok that I sell drugs and shoot up a playground because Daddy's been in jail all my life and a mommy's a crack addict." There are plenty of people that have survived horrific things in their lives and grown up in hopeless circumstances, that don't go on to act out despicable crimes on other innocent people, a tragic life is no excuse to damage others.

I see how you made that connection, but that wasn't my point at all. I wasn't absolving Polanski of anything. I simply don't understand how his insane history can stand in as a symbol for anything, let alone the sins of the Hollywood elite. His case, I repeat, is wholly unique.

I see how you made that connection, but that wasn't my point at all. I wasn't absolving Polanski of anything. I simply don't understand how his insane history can stand in as a symbol for anything, let alone the sins of the Hollywood elite. His case, I repeat, is wholly unique.

No, he should be in jail, there's nothing unique about him, some nasty stuff happened to him, that has no bearing on the fact he raped a child and people continued to employ him and work for him, this is exactly the symbol of the problem, if you have some talent and can generate money for people, you'll be excused your crimes in Hollywood.

And I'm not going to feel guilty for supporting his new movie. Shrugs. Still think I'm alright human being by doing so too.

My wallet will say, two tickets please and a red icee, a small bag of popcorn cause I'm cutting.
I am not saying you do or should feel guilt. But as you said you don't, why do you care if others feel differently about separating the man from the art? Why do so many come into these threads to defend him and the view point that watching his films past and future is totally fine if someone else doesn't want to?

With Tarantino, the art seems to really reflect the man. So, I can see why someone might take issue with his art as these things become more widely known.

Also a lot of what is going on in here is defending the man. Not Tarantino's art, but the man. We aren't getting, "well he isn't a good person". We are getting a lot of he isn't so bad, or what he said wasn't so bad. Defending Tarantino himself.

No, he should be in jail, there's nothing unique about him, some nasty stuff happened to him, that has no bearing on the fact he raped a child and people continued to employ him and work for him, this is exactly the symbol of the problem, if you have some talent and can generate money for people, you'll be excused your crimes in Hollywood.

Oh, never mind. You're being willfully glib.

If I find out about it, then yeah, I'll skip their stuff, it's not that hard to do, I am sure there are still plenty of people making movies that aren't abusing women and excusing rape.

More power to ya man. I would never on this earth stop watching or anticipating a Scorsese film because of what he allegedly did in the 70s. Polanski and Allen have never really done good movies for my liking, so not watching their films is no big deal for me. The last Polanski film for me was The Pianist and it sucked. Have not seen any other stuff from him since.

Oh, never mind. You're being willfully glib.

No I'm not, you're trying to make out there's something unique about him due to his wife and kid being killed by someone infamous, that doesn't make him any more unique than as guy who's wife and kid are killed by a drunk driver, the tragedy is the same one just gets more sensationalist headlines due to Manson being a notorious killer.

I am not saying you do or should feel guilt. But as you said you don't, why do you care if others feel differently about separating the man from the art? Why do so many come into these threads to defend him and the view point that watching his films past and future is totally fine if someone else doesn't want to?

With Tarantino, the art seems to really reflect the man. So, I can see why someone might take issue with his art as these things become more widely known.

Also a lot of what is going on in here is defending the man. Not Tarantino's art, but the man. We aren't getting, "well he isn't a good person". We are getting a lot of he isn't so bad, or what he said wasn't so bad. Defending Tarantino himself.

No, you seem to be taking issue with some of us not wanting his career to end because of this. You can talk about Quentin like the egomaniac and scumbag that he is, but I and others on here don't feel is enough for woke Twitter to end his career. You might disagree with us, but don't see that point view of ours as some sort of radical senseless opinion.

I like Chinatown of Polanski, but I stopped watching his stuff after learning about the incident. If I learn about Tarantino having sex with minors, I'll threw his films into a garbage bin too. But so far he did nothing that crosses the line for me.

More power to ya man. I would never on this earth stop watching or anticipating a Scorsese film because of what he allegedly did in the 70s. Polanski and Allen have never really done good movies for my liking, so not watching their films is no big deal for me. The last Polanski film for me was The Pianist and it sucked. Have not seen any other stuff from him since.

Allen's films all look painfully dull.

No I'm not, you're trying to make out there's something unique about him due to his wife and kid being killed by someone infamous, that doesn't make him any more unique than as guy who's wife and kid are killed by a drunk driver, the tragedy is the same one just gets more sensationalist headlines due to Manson being a notorious killer.

The main issue here may be that you need to look up the dictionary definition of the word "unique."

Beyond that, you implied that his childhood, which he spent surviving the goddamned Holocaust, "has no bearing" on the choices he later made as a man. I respectfully disagree.

No, you seem to be taking issue with some of us not wanting his career to end because of this. You can talk about Quentin like the egomaniac and scumbag that he is, but I and others on here don't feel is enough for woke Twitter to end his career. You might disagree with us, but don't see that point view of ours as some sort of radical senseless opinion.
Since when? I said his career should end. When did I say you had to feel the same way or argue as such? You are changing the argument to make it sound like you as a fan and Tarantino as a creator are being put upon in some way.

And yes, nice jab with woke twitter. But I don't think looking at a man as awful for thinking and saying a 13 year old wants it requires one to be woke at all. Hell, not even half awake.

Since when? I said his career should end. When did I say you had to feel the same way or argue as such? You are changing the argument to make it sound like you as a fan and Tarantino as a creator are being put upon in some way.

And yes, nice jab with woke twitter. But I don't think looking at a man as awful for thinking and saying a 13 year old wants it requires one to be woke at all. Hell, not even half awake.

And where did I say he wasn't wrong for those comments? I meant wanting his career to end for the whole Uma thing, and you yourself on here keep ignoring the fact that she forgave him and was on his side now, so if its good enough for Uma, that should be enough for most.

The main issue here may be that you need to look up the dictionary definition of the word "unique."

Beyond that, you implied that his childhood, which he spent surviving the goddamned Holocaust, "has no bearing" on the choices he later made as a man. I respectfully disagree.

I know what unique means, he wasn't the only person to have someone they loved killed by Manson so by the dictionary description the term unique doesn't apply and you used it incorrectly, for someone or something to be unique they/it have to be the one and only, he wasn't and thus isn't unique.

I didn't imply it I flat out said him surviving the Holocaust has no bearing on the choice to rape a child, it's an excuse like the same excuses for people that shoot up schools and other such attrocities, having something tragic or horrible happen to you is never an excuse to do horrific things to other people, the idea that surviving the Holocaust somehow creates a circumstance by which he'd be inclined to rape a kid is insulting to the people that survived the Holocaust and lived as good people in the wake of the horror.

And where did I say he wasn't wrong for those comments? I meant wanting his career to end for the whole Uma thing, and you yourself on here keep ignoring the fact that she forgave him and was on his side now, so if its good enough for Uma, that should be enough for most.
I am talking about the general minimizing of his comments here, and then your claiming that Tarantino is somehow getting it worse the Polanski. with your basis being him suing another accuser and it not coming up.

The only reason this thread has so much traffic is the arguments about how bad what Tarantino says was. Arguing whether he was simply misinformed or what he said wasn't really that bad. And these arguments being made as Tarantino argues what Polanski did wasn't that bad, or perhaps only morally a problems for Americans.

I know what unique means, he wasn't the only person to have someone they loved killed by Manson so by the dictionary description the term unique doesn't apply and you used it incorrectly, for someone or something to be unique they/it have to be the one and only, he wasn't and thus isn't unique.

I didn't imply it I flat out said him surviving the Holocaust has no bearing on the choice to rape a child, it's an excuse like the same excuses for people that shoot up schools and other such attrocities, having something tragic or horrible happen to you is never an excuse to do horrific things to other people, the idea that surviving the Holocaust somehow creates a circumstance by which he'd be inclined to rape a kid is insulting to the people that survived the Holocaust and lived as good people in the wake of the horror.
Many people suffer through great tragedy everyday. That does not make them rape children or do any other horrible things.

I am talking about the general minimizing of his comments here, and then your claiming that Tarantino is somehow getting it worse the Polanski. with your basis being him suing another accuser and it not coming up.

The only reason this thread has so much traffic is the arguments about how bad what Tarantino says was. Arguing whether he was simply misinformed or what he said wasn't really that bad. And these arguments being made as Tarantino argues what Polanski did wasn't that bad, or perhaps only morally a problems for Americans.

Getting it worse recently than Polanski on social media, yes. But that in a way has to do with how recent the Uma thing happened. I'll admit to that, but it is still odd to me the recent Polanski incident didn't take twitter by storm, there was nothing malicious on my part by saying that, just did not make it more clear the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"