Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

If by some miracle he got Cruise, Leo and Pitt all in the same movie......license to print money.

Even if the Tate murder is an element of this, it is possible that Manson won't even appear as a character.

But Tarantino is wrapping his career. There's only two films to go including this one. Making home for Tarantino is kinda too late.

WB being the last stop for Tarantino's career gives them prestige and business opportunities with the amount of hype that will go with it. Not a bad move for WB at all.

There's also the possibility that Q ain't actually going to retire for good.

The Weinstein Company.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/quentin-tarantino-manson-1202617387/

It is rumored to have a budget of nearly $100 million and Tarantino is demanding first dollar gross, meaning he gets a taste of the studio’s pre-tax revenues. He also receives final cut. That scared off some suitors (one studio executive said, after crunching the numbers, it seemed too difficult to make money on the deal).

with how steep Tarantino's terms are, im not surprised that Sony won. That studio is devoid of prestige pictures

Last edited:
I hope Sony makes some money on this deal.

Sony have it according to THR. It will have a budget of near $100m. Will need to do $375m if SONY are to be satisfied.

First plot details of the movie.

Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick — who’s also his stunt double — is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/quentin-tarantino-harvey-weinstein-sony-manson-movie

The plot doesn't sound interesting, but it's Tarrantino. His style and sensibilities will make it interesting.

I think I'm more interested knowing that the film uses the Manson stuff as a backdrop rather than Tarantino telling the Manson story or the Manson murder story.

This is shaping up to be something not unlike Spike Lee's Summer of Sam. I'm all right with that.

Sounds like a robert altman movie with a tarantino kick to it

Yeah, the story doesn't sound engaging at all. Manson murder is also a backdrop...

We will see.

Yeah, it's a basic premise but with Tarantino executing it I imagine it'll be something else.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a basic premise but with Tarantino executing it I imagine it'll be something else. Maybe it's about these two actors committing murders themselves to get famous and play themselves in a movie made about them. And it's a whole commentary on fame and celebrity or something.
It feels like that's what it's going to be. I'm still very much interested because it's Tarantino, not because the premise is all that captivating.

You kidding guys? This sounds like some Jules and Vincent in LA **** all over again, but with a totally different twist since its in 1969 with the Manson cult hovering over everything (like Hitler and his followers in Inglourious Basterds).

Pleaaaase lock down Margot Robbie for this. And if you can QT, do a Leo/Cruise combo or Leo/Pitt combo. I can totally see Sam Jackson playing a hilarious, obnoxious producer/agent/whatever.

I think I'm more interested knowing that the film uses the Manson stuff as a backdrop rather than Tarantino telling the Manson story or the Manson murder story.

While it would have been nice to see Tarantino tackle something close to a truly historical drama, the synopsis feels like something closer to his type of story where his style(s) have a better fit.

I don't like Tom Cruise, so I hope he doesn't get the job. I'm all in for Dicaprio.

Sharon Marie Tate Polanski (January 24, 1943 – August 9, 1969)
Ummmm... this seems a little.... yeesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"