Question about The Ultimates

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can only seem to keep up with The Ultimates via TPB. I just finished Ultimates 2 Gods and Monsters...and I gotta ask a few questions for those of you who have read on, because to be honest...I just can't wait.

1) Has Banner yet to show his face again?

2) Is Thor out of prison yet? If not, what has he been doing aside from sitting there?

3) Has Captain America stopped acting like a dick?

4) Has Hank been let back on the team?

5) What is the new story arc about?

6) Most importantly, who is the person in the black glove who betrayed the team that Hank is talking to at the end of the Defenders issue? I was thinking either Betty Ross or Captain America. Has it been revealed or hinted at yet?

Any answers would be most appreciated, because I just can't wait :)

Matt said:
1) Has Banner yet to show his face again?

Ultimate Wolverine VS. Hulk mini series. It's pretty good.

Matt said:
2) Is Thor out of prison yet? If not, what has he been doing aside from sitting there?

He's in jail, and hasn't done much of anything. But it looks like he'll be out next issue.

Matt said:
3) Has Captain America stopped acting like a dick?

Kind of. There was a nice moment between him and Bucky in issue eight that was very un dick-like.

Matt said:
4) Has Hank been let back on the team?

No.

Matt said:
5) What is the new story arc about?

Russia, China, France, North Korea, Syria, and either Saudi Arabia or Iran have decided that:

A) America sucks ass.

B) Their superhuman defense initiative is a collective threat to all of them.

C) They're going to do something about it.

They invade the U.S. and destroy the Triskilion.

Matt said:
6) Most importantly, who is the person in the black glove who betrayed the team that Hank is talking to at the end of the Defenders issue? I was thinking either Betty Ross or Captain America. Has it been revealed or hinted at yet?

Black Widow.

The Question said:
Ultimate Wolverine VS. Hulk mini series. It's pretty good.

He's in jail, and hasn't done much of anything. But it looks like he'll be out next issue.

Kind of. There was a nice moment between him and Bucky in issue eight that was very un dick-like.

No.

Russia, China, France, North Korea, Syria, and either Saudi Arabia or Iran have decided that:

A) America sucks ass.

B) Their superhuman defense initiative is a collective threat to all of them.

C) They're going to do something about it.

They invade the U.S. and destroy the Triskilion.

Black Widow.

Thanks Question :up:

Wow, that sounds like a hell of a story arc! And Black Widow, huh?

Things are getting pretty intense for the Ultimates. Does Tony know what Widow did yet?

Matt said:

Things are getting pretty intense for the Ultimates. Does Tony know what Widow did yet?

Yes, she shot Garvis in the head :(

Matt said:

Yep... and he was kind enough to smash her in the face with a wine bottle :)

You open your presents on X-Mas eve don't you Matt? :(

masteryoda said:
You open your presents on X-Mas eve don't you Matt? :(
I just couldn't wait :(

Actually what's funny is that you're usually one of the first ones to act when someone posts spoilers. ;) :D

Sure Cap is a dick but I mean come on,he's a hard ass soldier out of the 40s.I don't see why people can't see that.

masteryoda said:
Actually what's funny is that you're usually one of the first ones to act when someone posts spoilers. ;) :D

Well, you can see in the first post, that I am asking for spoilers. People could leave the thread after that if they don't want them. No tags really needed.

GNR4Life said:
Sure Cap is a dick but I mean come on,he's a hard ass soldier out of the 40s.I don't see why people can't see that.

It goes beyond him being a soldier. He just comes off as an ******* at times. I suppose what bothers me most about the character is the way he treats Jan.

He seems to tear Jan fine to me. He's just old fashioned. He's a new deal democrat in a world where polotics are alot messier. He just needs to adjust.

Electro UK said:
Yep... and he was kind enough to smash her in the face with a wine bottle :)

Wine bottle, hah. man has her freking bugged.

Matt said:
It goes beyond him being a soldier. He just comes off as an ******* at times. I suppose what bothers me most about the character is the way he treats Jan.

He treats Jan better than anyone, IMO. But I agree that Millar has overdone Cap's personality a tad bit. That's just his anti-American side showing through, I suppose. But this latest arc seems to be leading to the Ultimates, Cap included, truly stepping up as heroes.

"Grand Theft America" is a real treat. Millar definitely did not disappoint with this whole traitor story. And, IMO, issue #10 has some of the best moments in the whole Ultimates run.

Cap treats Jan fine,he's just an old-fashioned prick.Doesn't make him less of a hero at all.

Ok, I read some of the spoilers on Wikipedia (I'm weak...I know)

and I have just one more question....

Is Hank Pym really a traitor or are they hinting that he might be planning something against the Liberators with the Ultrons?

It's unknown. I'm guessing that he'll use the Ultrons against the Liberators.

The Question said:
It's unknown. I'm guessing that he'll use the Ultrons against the Liberators.

Thanks again Question. Unfortunately, the town I reside in does not have a comic shop, tell me...is this arc worth driving about an hour and a half to get back issues or should I wait for the TPB?

Matt said:
Thanks again Question. Unfortunately, the town I reside in does not have a comic shop, tell me...is this arc worth driving about an hour and a half to get back issues or should I wait for the TPB?

Oh, it's most definately worth it. Besides, you can go out for dinner on the way home. That's always fun.

hour and a half? damn matt, where do you live again?

make sure you pick up all the back issues of The Thing while you're there, too

Im in the same position as you Matt. Despite the fact Im not a huge fan of some of his politics, I really felt sorry for Thor as everyone, even his friends, turned against him, and I dig his character in general. He's a good guy and kick ass fighter (when he bothers to show up for fights that is lol).

I figured it would be Widow. There are very subtle signs through the other arc (for example, where Fury meets up with a VERY irritable Russian leader, and Widow is russian, so I kinda put two and two together)...

when is this arc in tpb? I CANT WAIT. :( :( :(

I will say this; I am surprised so many people seem to see Cap as a dick. I see him as the kick ass and take names (once they regain conciousness) type in the field and a helluva stand up guy with good moral values outside of it. But thats the 'beauty' of perspective ;) But yeah it seemed to me that without Cap the team would have been screwed a long time ago, and I just dug how he took no **** when Giant Man beat his wife and when he went to face off with a god no less by himself. Thats balls, baby, thats balls.

Ultimate Captain America is off the charts in his ass-kickingness.

And no, he's not a dick. Yea, he's old fashioned. Yea, he's unfashionably conservative. Just one conservative character whos not a total scumbag, and he becomes a "dick". Jeez.

Probably my favorite Ultimate character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"