Gotham Questions about Jeremiah Valeska's aspect (spoilers)

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Well,

Did I get it straight? I'm not too sure:

1- Jerome's special "spray" turned Jeremiah's face into chalk white (only the face anyway???) and his hair into very dark green. No red lips, no permanent grin, and still a normal body (not white).
Right?

2- The fall into the vat of acid burned his skin and hair, and gave him the permanent grin. What about the red lips? Did he gain them because the acid? So basically, again, only his face is white (because the spray), the acid just burned his body and further damaged his psyche.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Pretty much. Also, Jeremiah's hair was colored mostly black with indigo dye, not dark green. The showrunners were not allowed to use the green hair for him courtesy of Warner Brothers and their overprotectiveness of the Joker character.

2. Uh, Jeremiah didnt gain any permanent grin from the Ace Chemicals fall. Heck, you can see that the chemical vat pretty much burned off his white skin. When he escaped Arkham, I always took it that he put on makeup.

1. Pretty much. Also, Jeremiah's hair was colored mostly black with indigo dye, not dark green.

When he escaped Arkham, I always took it that he put on makeup.

1- Maybe. But I'm postitive that his final Joker form in Season 5 had very few surviving VERY DARK green hair, so maybe you got a bit confused about the tone? Just asking.

2- Yeah. Proper. So the acid burned all his skin? That's brutal. Is the white make-up thing your guess? :)

He looks significantly paler in the Sirens club than he does in Arkham, so yeah.

As for Jokermiah's hair strands, they're black. When I say Warner Brothers did not allow Gotham to use the green hair (and the name Joker), I wasn't kidding.

What about his lips?

Yes, lipstick.

I think that I really love this Joker. I loved the evolution and the "false" red herring with Jerome. I loved every aspect of Jeremiah's parable.
Too bad they couldn't use the green hair, even.

1. Pretty much. Also, Jeremiah's hair was colored mostly black with indigo dye, not dark green. The showrunners were not allowed to use the green hair for him courtesy of Warner Brothers and their overprotectiveness of the Joker character.

2. Uh, Jeremiah didnt gain any permanent grin from the Ace Chemicals fall. Heck, you can see that the chemical vat pretty much burned off his white skin. When he escaped Arkham, I always took it that he put on makeup.

Actually for Season 5 the show was allowed to make him the joker without calling him the joker So they were allowed to make him look exactly like the joker which is why during season 5 he had Green Hair among other joker like looksD00d00e56343216625e44fbed501a88e.jpg Jeremiah_Valeska_Gotham_0005.jpg Jeremiah_Valeska.jpg

Oh wow, didn't expect anyone to comment on this long-forsaken forum lol

As to answer your question, I'm going to reiterate what I said in that old post of mine you quoted. That first bullet point comes from the mouth of Cameron Monaghan himself, they very much still weren't allowed to call Jeremiah the Joker or have him get all the characteristics and looks for the character. Finale Jeremiah, or Jokermiah as I like to call him, is obviously intended to be the Joker by the showrunners but Warner Bros still did not allow them to call him the Joker or have anyone in the show verbally acknowledge him as such. Both scenes at Ace Chemicals were the best way to confirm it while still having plausible deniability to sway off WB's strict rules.

And the only reason pre-chemical vat Jeremiah's hair looks green is because they used clever lighting to make it appear that way. It's the closest they've ever gotten to having a full-on Joker look in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"