The Dark Knight How to do Joker/Dent in 'Nolan's world'.

Tojo

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was thinking at one point Nolan would have Joker put on make-up to get the white face, but then i realised this was stupid and the fanboys would never stop whining. I want him to have have had some chemical vat accident, but do you think maybe this could have just turned his skin white, hair alittle bit green, and then he applies lipstick to get his lips red? It would fit in with the theatrical aspect of Joker. I think it would be creepy seeing Joker put on lipstick in a mirror.

As for Two-Face, i am not keen on the idea of him having a straight line right down his face, and then two halves of suit-i think that is unnecesary and will look lame on camera. So how could he be scarred? Could he be scarred from fire? Or does it have to be acid?

Maybe something like, but a little more extreme, or defigured like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky?

URL]

I'd rather Two-Face's origin play out just like it does in the books. But your Joker idea works well.

The picture posted of is Sean Bean as Alec in GoldenEye.

Two-Face isnt in TDK. Im more worried about who's playing the semi-good Harvey Dent. Two-Face is later, as for looks check out: Ed Harris in A History of Violence. I know he's a bit old but just imagine a better younger good looking guy.

That's interesting, Ed Harris as Harvey Dent? I could see him but I think he's suited for Mr Freeze.

Tojo said:
As for Two-Face, i am not keen on the idea of him having a straight line right down his face, and then two halves of suit-i think that is unnecesary and will look lame on camera. So how could he be scarred? Could he be scarred from fire? Or does it have to be acid?

Maybe something like, but a little more extreme, or defigured like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky?

URL]

I think a 'nolan realistic' way to scar half of Harvey's face would be if he gets blasted with a shotgun. He could be standing in profile, which would explain why only that side of his face gets scarred.

Another way would be to have his face get cut up instead of burned. Like Joker just leaps over the witness stand and starts slashing up Harvey's face.

Depending on if Joker gets the chemical bath, it would at least be an alternative to chemicals being used by/the cause of most of Batman's enemies.

I, too, have wondered about this. As for now, I cant even start to imagine, how Nolan's Joker or Harvey Dent/Two-Face will look on screen, seeing both of the villains in Batman Begins were "human".

Will he take a huge leap to the comical side, or will he someway keep it all as realistic as possible? We'll, I have to wait and see. I hope he makes it work.

edit: When Two-Face is born, I hope they make his disfigurements a real genuine burn wounds. Let the man's psyche do the rest, so he looses his screws.

harvey dent is bruce wayne without the batman alter-ego, which means he is actually a playboy, a rich d.a very vain and carefull about the way he looks, a permanant bruise/wound to one side of his face will cause him to split his personality and his looks, i have a strong feeling, dent world hurt himself out of madness

Trooper said:
harvey dent is bruce wayne without the batman alter-ego, which means he is actually a playboy, a rich d.a very vain and carefull about the way he looks, a permanant bruise/wound to one side of his face will cause him to split his personality and his looks, i have a strong feeling, dent world hurt himself out of madness

A rich D.A. playboy? Has he ever been that? He's just a working class married guy I thought. Yeah, he gets piad decent money, but not that much. Also, the vanity sounds more like the Joker than Dent to me. Yes, he very attractive, but I never thought of him as incredibly vain.

Also, I just hope that Nolan shows Dent with some mental problems before the accident instead of him just getting scarred and flipping out. As Dent, he had the same dark impulses, but he never really acted on them. Becoming Two-Face just made him act out those impulses.

strider said:
Two-Face isnt in TDK.

I know, but i'd have him be 'born' in TDK. And i'd like his scarring to be the work of mob gangsters. Perhaps he is having dinner with Bruce in a prestigious resteraunt or something, and then goes to take a leak-a couple of mobsters follow him in, beat the **** out of him then pour some sort of acid on his face. He gets taken to hospital, we see a shot of Batman visiting him by his hospital bed, then Harv escapes and no-one can find him;

A gun war between Maroni and Cobblepot(either one of them double-crosses the other) takes place on the docks, Batman kicks ass, then the final shot we see is of Dent, in some dingy motel room he's found, taking off his bandages infront of a mirror and realising he has become mutated. End film.

Wouldn't really know what to do with Joker though, i'd like to see more of Joker in the 3rd film. Like his screen time escalated with every film. In the third i'd have a mass city riot, where Batman build some sort of tank(like The Cult).

You got to do the court scene, I don't like that bit of your story.

Here's something about Dent that I found on another site:

HARVEY DENT WILL BE SPRAYED WITH ACID DURING MARONI'S TRIAL BY ONE OF MARONI'S MEN SITTING IN ATTENDANCE WHO WILL LATER BE REVEALED AS ROMAN SIONIS IN THE 3RD BATMAN MOVIE. THE CONCLUDING SCENE WILL SHOW DENT IN A COMA LIKE STATE IN A HOSPITAL FACE WRAPPED UP IN BANDAGES, AND AS HE WAKES UP VOICES BEGIN SHOUTING AT HIM. HARVEY HAS FINALLY CRACKED, AND WITH THAT THE LAST SCENE IS OF NURSES RUSHING TO HIS ROOM, ONLY TO FIND IT THRASHED AND EMPTY, LEAVING A CLIFFHANGER LEADING INTO PART 3.

There was also this thing about Joker.

THERE WILL BE A JOKER BACKSTORY: A VICTIM OF DR. JONATHAN CRANE'S CRUEL EXPERIMENTS, WHICH JOKER KILLS IN THIS MOVIE

Invisiboy said:

HARVEY DENT WILL BE SPRAYED WITH ACID DURING MARONI'S TRIAL BY ONE OF MARONI'S MEN SITTING IN ATTENDANCE WHO WILL LATER BE REVEALED AS ROMAN SIONIS IN THE 3RD BATMAN MOVIE. THE CONCLUDING SCENE WILL SHOW DENT IN A COMA LIKE STATE IN A HOSPITAL FACE WRAPPED UP IN BANDAGES, AND AS HE WAKES UP VOICES BEGIN SHOUTING AT HIM. HARVEY HAS FINALLY CRACKED, AND WITH THAT THE LAST SCENE IS OF NURSES RUSHING TO HIS ROOM, ONLY TO FIND IT THRASHED AND EMPTY, LEAVING A CLIFFHANGER LEADING INTO PART 3.

THERE WILL BE A JOKER BACKSTORY: A VICTIM OF DR. JONATHAN CRANE'S CRUEL EXPERIMENTS, WHICH JOKER KILLS IN THIS MOVIE

Holy awsome Batman!! if true that is.

Not sure about that Joker idea, but it could be ok in Nolans hands.

Majik1387 said:
People need to get over the whole idea of Joker killing Scarecrow.

Here here! I think if part 3 plays out like I believe it should, Scarecrow should be in Two-Face's "freak" gang ala TLH, which will hopefully be involved in a city-wide war against the remenants of the mob/mafia.

Trooper said:

:huh:

Have you read The Long Halloween?

Invisiboy said:

I dislike it. If they want to make it a cliffhanger ending - the more powerful shot would be a shot of Harvey, gripping at his face in the courtroom just beings scarred - just like the end of a chapter in The Long Halloween.

Invisiboy said:

wow. people here are really think this is real. black mask is rich he doesn't need to work for maroni. this is all speculation. what site did you get this from? the only rumors of dent getting acid thrown in his face was from bof, where it said that during the joker's trial he would throw acid in dents face. i wouldn't believe either of those rumors.

Nolan's world is heavily influenced by the work of Leob and others is my understanding. Bale was the force behind the new movie and wanted to follow the style and "world" of long halloween etc.

I would be very surprised if two-face shows up in Bat's 2. I think they will concentrate on the joker, with harvey as a lead up. If you follow Leob's chronology (as my failing memory tries to serve faithfully) I believe that Dent was after the mob boss/while Joker was out and about.

If Bale/Nolan are intent on following that pattern they will try and deal with Joker and set up some of the others for future pictures. Bale is still pretty young and could carry the pictures for at least 6 to 8 more years.

Canadian Rider said:
Bale is still pretty young and could carry the pictures for at least 6 to 8 more years.

But the question is; will he carry on the role for that long? I predict that there wont be 4th Batman for the Bateman. He leave's when Nolan leaves. Or that's what I would think, if I could think. :woot:

Sub-Zero said:
wow. people here are really think this is real. black mask is rich he doesn't need to work for maroni. this is all speculation. what site did you get this from? the only rumors of dent getting acid thrown in his face was from bof, where it said that during the joker's trial he would throw acid in dents face. i wouldn't believe either of those rumors.

It was from IMDB. Nuff said.

that's one site you can never rely on. imdb is full of false information. and why do people think typing "nuff said" makes their argument stronger? not a direct shot at anyone. i really want to know why.

Canadian Rider said:
Nolan's world is heavily influenced by the work of Leob and others is my understanding. Bale was the force behind the new movie and wanted to follow the style and "world" of long halloween etc.

I would be very surprised if two-face shows up in Bat's 2. I think they will concentrate on the joker, with harvey as a lead up. If you follow Leob's chronology (as my failing memory tries to serve faithfully) I believe that Dent was after the mob boss/while Joker was out and about.

If Bale/Nolan are intent on following that pattern they will try and deal with Joker and set up some of the others for future pictures. Bale is still pretty young and could carry the pictures for at least 6 to 8 more years.

if you're talking about the long halloween, then the joker and almost all of batman's other villains were already established villains. dent does go after falcone in that comic, but i bet it'll be another mobster in the movie. i bet it'll be all joker for the dark knight and the transformation of dent into two-face, and two-face with a bit of joker in the third movie. who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"