The Dark Knight Your TDK Joker

Nope, they're not Batman geeks like me!

They have now though!

jokerintro2hc2.jpg

jokerfacezf2.jpg

A direct adaptation of this would've been perfect, to me. I always loved how simplistic, yet effective The Joker's look seemed in the early days. Just a purple suit, black bow tie, and white shirt. White makeup, red lips, and green hair.

Transitioning to live action, I think it would've made Joker seem as if he was stuck in his own period of time, unwilling to conform to modern society, going with 'his own bit'. It'd make him stick out like a sore thumb in the gritty world of Nolan's Gotham, but in a good way, shouting out as a taunt to Batman that while The Dark Knight hid in the shadows, The Joker made his evil present with every step he took.

There'd be no explaination behind why his skin was white, why his lips were red, and why his hair was green. It would be a mystery to the audience. Was it all applied himself? Was he permanently made this way? These would be little mysteries that would plague Batman all throughout the film, never being answered, to preserve the effect of a true madman's appeal: His mystery.

Post the approach you would have taken for Ledger's Joker in TDK. What similar and different decisions would you make compared to Nolan's?

1)Costume.
-The Joker's suit in TDK is perfect. I wouldn't make any changes.

2)Skin.
-The Joker's skin would be permanently white. It would completely lack pigmentation of any kind. I imagination his skin would look something similar to Vitiligo victims, only it affects his whole body and not in patches. Also, I would never explain WHY The Joker has skin like this. What is a chemical bath? Is it a genetic defect? Leave it up to the audience's imagination.
http://www.vitiligo-verein.de/presse/bilder/DermAllegra_1.jpg

3)Hair.
-His hair would be permanently dyed green. I would use the same shade Nolan used, but his hair would be completely one color. He also dyes his eyebrows the same color. We never find out what natural hair color The Joker used to have, if it had color at all. Also, his hair would be pushed back for the most part, and would only get messy in appropriate situations (fight scenes, car chases, etc. etc.).

4)Lips.
-Like in "The Dark Knight Returns," The Joker's lips would lack pigmentation, like the rest of his skin. To complete his clown image, he would apply a deep red lipstick.

5)Eye shadow.
-I personally like the black makeup around The Joker's eyes in TDK. I would also use this in my version.

6)Carved smile.
-I wouldn't have one, or anything that would give The Joker a permanent smile. Heath has a great natural smile as it is, and I'd want The Joker to show a full range of emotions.

I agree with 1 and 2.

But continuing on with my Joker...

3. Stringy but straight. Combed back or curled like this:

ic_joker_play.jpg
bbjoker_2.jpg

4. Ruby red or a crimson red/black.

5. Personally, I don't mind Heath's black racoon eyes but I sort of like the Joker's eyes from "Batman: Dead End" seen here:

bts13.jpg

Now, I hate his eyebrows and everything but I think the red rings around his eyes almost make him zombified, like he is dead inside and out, a soulless, heartless natural-born killer.

6. If I were to go for a carved-smile it would have to be because he pissed off Maroni or some mobster and thus in revenge they took a knife and cut slits in his cheeks to make it look like a smile. Bleeding profusely and left for dead, he'd then come back and get his revenge on them by carving smiles on their faces while also laughing gas them to death.

I think "Pan's Labyrinth" is the best idea of how I'd have Joker's 'carved smile' look like.

pans_l.jpg

7. Voice. Heath's is perfect but I love Hamill's the most. It's brooding, high-pitched at times, but raspy and low at others. It's almost as if he is a paradox himself who doesn't want to give away his true intentions and manners.

8. Weapons. Wind-up toy bombs supplied by Riddler, laughing gas, knives, machine gun, grenades, and a bazooka.

The only problem with the cut smile fro Pan's is that a wound like that would cause serious damage to the muscles in the cheek. In other words, it'd be very difficult, if not impossible, for The Joker to naturally smile ever again.

As for the raccoon eyes, I wonder what they'd look like with dark blue makeup.

1 Costume.
I wouldn’t make any changes to the costume, it’s perfect.

2 Skin. I don’t know I really don’t have a preference for this one: make-up or naturally white.

3 Hair.
I like his messy hair, but I’d prefer it to be a bit more well kept.

4 Lips.
I’d rather him not have scars, just red lipstick.

5 Eye Shadow.
I’m intrigued by the eye make-up. It hides so much of his real face so well. So much so that he’s nearly unrecognizable. It does bring out the dementedness and emotionless-ness of Heath's eyes, which is quite scary.

6 Carved smile.
I wouldn't have one, or anything that would give The Joker a permanent smile. Heath has a great natural smile as it is, and I'd want The Joker to show a full range of emotions. For sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"