Questions...

circa81

Civilian
Reaction score
4. The sidekicks. I mean, I can buy how Dick was able be able to jump off and soar between buildings(he's an acrobat after all) That and the fact that Dick started when he was 8 years old, and with all the knowledge Bruce has accumulated, I'm sure he could tailor a training program that would be much shorter then his own quest to fight injustice. I'd say it would take about two years for Dick, but what about Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Batgirl(the first one i mean) and even Stephanie Brown for God's sakes. All of them were a few years older then Dick when he started, and again Dick was a fantastic athlete, but the others... I mean, how short a training regimen can there be in order to teach somone to be able to do what Batman does? For example; thowing baterrangs.how long would it take to become world class, not to mention learning to be able to appear and disappear without any giveaway, plus Jason, Tim, Barbara and spoiler being better fighters then 99.9 percent of all the other fighters in the world? This stuff takes time, and I think it kinda ridiculous (not one word :) that Batman was able to get them ready in a at most a few months. Also, Barbara and Stephanie Brown actually started all of this BEFORE being trained. Huh??? This problem is really annoying, especially in Batman beyond, what with an untrained Terry and all.

1. First off, the batcave. In every incarnation, the batcave is by far and away the largest cave in the word, but what about all of the big aquipment like the gigantic Computer? And in vitually every incarnation, the cave seams to be partially man made. I'm talking about all the levels and all the entrances that the cave has. Not to mention the batmobile and batplane's runways.Oh, and they COMPLETELY rebuilt the entire cave after the earthquake.My questions is this: How does two people reeanginear a cave like that, whihout dozens of people involved?

2.Where does Batman get the feul to run his viechals? I mean, what's Batman going to do; stop at a gas station? And espaiclly jet fuel for the plane...that would be dificult to explain. And just how did those vhieicles get there in the first place, before he had the runways?

3. In the ultimate guide, it states that a lot of prototypes sudenely get lost. Again, how does two people do this without anyone even getting suspiscius? The same could be said for all of Batman's gadgets. I mean, unless Bruce and Alfred go to a sears store eveyr couple of months and then creates EVERYTHING by hand, he would HAVE to need help to continue geting the raw materals.

4.I never understood how Batman takes out the batmobile in public, even at night. I mean, what if there's traffic or road contruction, not to mention it would be impossible for other drivers NOT to know whose car that is. It would seem that that car would get a lot of atention...

4. The sidekicks. I mean, I can understand how Dick was able be able to jump off and soor between biulding(he's an acrobat after all) That and the fact that Dick started whe he was 8 years old, and with all the knoledge Bruce has acumulated, I'm sure he could tailer a training program that would be much shorter then his quest to fight injustice. I'd say it would take about two years for Dick, but what about Jason, Tim Drake, Batgirl(the first one i mean) and even Stephanie Brown for God's sakes. All of them were a few years older then Dick when he started, and again Dick was a fantastic athlete, but the others... I mean, how short a training rgimine can there be in order fo what Batman does?For exapmple; thowing baterrangs. low long would it take to become world class, not to mention learing to be able to appear and disapear without any giveaway, plus Jason, Tim, Barbera and spoiler being better fighters then 99.9 percent of all the other fighters in the world? This stuff takes time, and I think it kinda rediculous (not one word :) that Batman was able to get them ready in a at most a few months. Also, Barbera and Stephanie Brown actually started all of this BEFORE being trained. Huh??? This problem is really enoying, especially in Batman beyond, what with an untrained Terry and all.

Well that's all for now, thanks if you read all of this.

4. The sidekicks. I mean, I can buy how Dick was able be able to jump off and soar between buildings(he's an acrobat after all) That and the fact that Dick started when he was 8 years old, and with all the knowledge Bruce has accumulated, I'm sure he could tailor a training program that would be much shorter then his own quest to fight injustice. I'd say it would take about two years for Dick, but what about Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Batgirl(the first one i mean) and even Stephanie Brown for God's sakes. All of them were a few years older then Dick when he started, and again Dick was a fantastic athlete, but the others... I mean, how short a training regimen can there be in order to teach somone to be able to do what Batman does? For example; thowing baterrangs.how long would it take to become world class, not to mention learning to be able to appear and disappear without any giveaway, plus Jason, Tim, Barbara and spoiler being better fighters then 99.9 percent of all the other fighters in the world? This stuff takes time, and I think it kinda ridiculous (not one word :) that Batman was able to get them ready in a at most a few months. Also, Barbara and Stephanie Brown actually started all of this BEFORE being trained. Huh??? This problem is really annoying, especially in Batman beyond, what with an untrained Terry and all.

1. First off, the batcave. In every incarnation, the batcave is by far and away the largest cave in the word, but what about all of the big aquipment like the gigantic Computer? And in vitually every incarnation, the cave seams to be partially man made. I'm talking about all the levels and all the entrances that the cave has. Not to mention the batmobile and batplane's runways.Oh, and they COMPLETELY rebuilt the entire cave after the earthquake.My questions is this: How does two people reeanginear a cave like that, whihout dozens of people involved?

2.Where does Batman get the feul to run his viechals? I mean, what's Batman going to do; stop at a gas station? And espaiclly jet fuel for the plane...that would be dificult to explain. And just how did those vhieicles get there in the first place, before he had the runways?

3. In the ultimate guide, it states that a lot of prototypes sudenely get lost. Again, how does two people do this without anyone even getting suspiscius? The same could be said for all of Batman's gadgets. I mean, unless Bruce and Alfred go to a sears store eveyr couple of months and then creates EVERYTHING by hand, he would HAVE to need help to continue geting the raw materals.

4.I never understood how Batman takes out the batmobile in public, even at night. I mean, what if there's traffic or road contruction, not to mention it would be impossible for other drivers NOT to know whose car that is. It would seem that that car would get a lot of atention...

4. The sidekicks. I mean, I can understand how Dick was able be able to jump off and soor between biulding(he's an acrobat after all) That and the fact that Dick started whe he was 8 years old, and with all the knoledge Bruce has acumulated, I'm sure he could tailer a training program that would be much shorter then his quest to fight injustice. I'd say it would take about two years for Dick, but what about Jason, Tim Drake, Batgirl(the first one i mean) and even Stephanie Brown for God's sakes. All of them were a few years older then Dick when he started, and again Dick was a fantastic athlete, but the others... I mean, how short a training rgimine can there be in order fo what Batman does?For exapmple; thowing baterrangs. low long would it take to become world class, not to mention learing to be able to appear and disapear without any giveaway, plus Jason, Tim, Barbera and spoiler being better fighters then 99.9 percent of all the other fighters in the world? This stuff takes time, and I think it kinda rediculous (not one word :) that Batman was able to get them ready in a at most a few months. Also, Barbera and Stephanie Brown actually started all of this BEFORE being trained. Huh??? This problem is really enoying, especially in Batman beyond, what with an untrained Terry and all.

Well that's all for now, thanks if you read all of this.

It's a comic book.

When you think of Batman in a world with supermen and speedsters that run the speed of light, all this is perfectly plausible.

Ah, but I've stated before on this forum that I would prefer Batman to NOT live in a world of alien, cyborgs and magic. I really don't like it when the semi realistic world of Batman is combined with that stuff. I prefer a more down to earth Batman, not a world with all that stuff.

Which is exactly why I don't like you.

Ah, but I've stated before on this forum that I would prefer Batman to NOT live in a world of alien, cyborgs and magic. I really don't like it when the semi realistic world of Batman is combined with that stuff. I prefer a more down to earth Batman, not a world with all that stuff.

Then you shouldn't read Batman.

But conisdering that he does live in this fictional world, it makes him all that more awesome that he can tango with supernatural and alien fiends. I mean, a human beating up a human? Cool. A human beating up an alien from a technologically-and-intellectually superior race? Badass. Bat-ass. Bad bat ass bat.

Well, this thread has degenerated faster than usual.

While admittedly, I hate it when people try to invalidate different interpretations of Batman, I can't quite call Empire Ape's statement idiotic. I mean, A LOT of Batman's stories do deal with things that would drive circa81 nuts. And it's also very obvious, that circa81 can barely stand the fundamental unrealistic principles of Batman.

So yeah, if he doesn't like Batman interacting with any unrealistic heroes, or can't stand how unrealistic and impractical the Batcave is, what is the point of reading Batman comics when 90% have aspects that go against his very image of Batman? He might as well just stick to watching Batman Begins.

A human beating up an alien from a technologically-and-intellectually superior race? Badass. Bat-ass. Bad bat ass bat.

And seriously, aside from Predator, Terminator, Alien, Van Helsing, Blade Runner, Star Trek, Independence Day, Relic, and a few thousand others, it's never really been done all that much. Atleast, not by a guy in a bat suit.

I really didn't like Batman Begins, but not for the reasons you might think of. And CConn, I've been a batman fan around 15 years, CConn, and I find it hard to believe that you don't Lille me just because I prefer a different take on Batman. Remember Gotham Central? Or the whole Bruce Wayne Murder storyline? THAT is what I prefer, so if you don't that take on Batman, fine, but please don't say that you don't like me. I mean, you have no idea of who I am, so to hate someone because of their tastes, that's just sad.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying, you're complaints are in nearly every single piece of Batman literature out there. Gotham Central wasn't even about Batman (he did appear, but always as a "guest star"), and Bruce Wayne Murderer had several of the things that you question in your opening post in this thread. Only Year One would seem to meet all of your qualifications for a "proper" interpretation of Batman.

And no, in essence, I have no problem with that. But you're limiting yourself to SUCH a great extent, I can't help but feel sorry for you. And, honestly, question why you're a fan at all. I'm not trying to say you aren't a fan of Batman (I hate when people do that), but what's the point of being a fan of a character if you can't enjoy a large percentage of their stories?

That's my point. And, truthfully, I wouldn't have even brought it up if Nepenthes hadn't resorted to name calling.

I really didn't like Batman Begins, but not for the reasons you might think of. And CConn, I've been a batman fan around 15 years, CConn, and I find it hard to believe that you don't Lille me just because I prefer a different take on Batman. Remember Gotham Central? Or the whole Bruce Wayne Murder storyline? THAT is what I prefer, so if you don't that take on Batman, fine, but please don't say that you don't like me. I mean, you have no idea of who I am, so to hate someone because of their tastes, that's just sad.
I don't like you because I secretly suspect you're deep throat.

How dare you ruin Mr. Nixon's presidency!

Well CConn, let me elaborate. My first exposure to Batman was the animated series back in the 90's, and while their WERE elements that I would have prefeered to not not be their, for the most part, say, 70 percent of the show were easier to suspend my disbelief. The only things that were like that, off the top of my head are: Clayface, robots, the genetically engineered characters, Like Poison Ivy, and of course that ridiculously out of place mummy thing from Avatar. When the show came back as TNBA, I was disappointed that they made that world more fantastic and or ridiculous...See Critters for example. Oh, and for the comment about me being so into Batman Begins, well, was REALLY disappointed. Do I want a Bat book that is "realistic" as BB, yes, but with a much better script.

Well CConn, let me elaborate. My first exposure to Batman was the animated series back in the 90's, and while their WERE elements that I would have prefeered to not not be their, for the most part, say, 70 percent of the show were easier to suspend my disbelief. The only things that were like that, off the top of my head are: Clayface, robots, the genetically engineered characters, Like Poison Ivy, and of course that ridiculously out of place mummy thing from Avatar. When the show came back as TNBA, I was disappointed that they made that world more fantastic and or ridiculous...See Critters for example. Oh, and for the comment about me being so into Batman Begins, well, was REALLY disappointed. Do I want a Bat book that is "realistic" as BB, yes, but with a much better script.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you're not a Batman fan or you're an idiot if you don't like the "fantastic" elements of the character and his mythos, but I will say it must be awfully hard to find enough good Batman material to watch and read if your interest is that limited.

These elements have been there since the beginning of the character; he fought vampires and mutant monsters in some of his earliest appearances. And some of his greatest villains - from Man-Bat to Mr. Freeze to Ra's al Ghul - have basis in the fantastic.

Sometimes it goes "too far", but that's only when it gets lame. Your animated series example of "Critters" is a fine one - even the writers agree it was bad. Many of the space stories from the 50s and 60s were bad. But there is an emormous collection of stories where it works; it's a case by case thing. It's not black and white.

And some of his greatest villains - from Man-Bat to Mr. Freeze to Ra's al Ghul - have basis in the fantastic.

hell, even the Joker is a guy who fell into a vat of acid, and instead of being disintegrated, or getting poisoned/passing out/drowning just became a psychotic, unkillable (for gods sake, he was once struck by lighting and fell off a 200 foot cliff), clown man :o

hell, even the Joker is a guy who fell into a vat of acid, and instead of being disintegrated, or getting poisoned/passing out/drowning just became a psychotic, unkillable (for gods sake, he was once struck by lighting and fell off a 200 foot cliff), clown man :o

Yeah, you just can't deny the fantasy of these characters.

Not even Nolan does (though many would try to put those words in his mouth). His Scarecrow still sprayed a "fear gas" and his Ra's, while the Lazarus Pit or literal immortality is never directly referenced, is somehow the leader of a group that has been around since the fall of Rome. Sure, there could've been leaders before him (maybe) but the fact that Nolan left it so open to interpretation is evidence that he's not as terrified of comic fantasy as some would like to believe.

I said 'idiot' because his statement implied that Batman stories generally feature high fantasy (cyborgs, robots) and that you should avoid them if you don't like high fantasy. Which is a lazy and arrogant thing to say, besides being incorrect.

Pete and CCon - My apologies if i lowered the standard of this thread for a moment. I guess i was also feeling lazy and arrogant.

No problem. Happens to us all sometimes.

Pete and CCon - My apologies if i lowered the standard of this thread for a moment. I guess i was also feeling lazy and arrogant.

No apologizes necessary; it was damn funny.

You, sir, have good timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"