Quick decision: X3 or Superman Returns?

Although I will be there on opening weekend for X3, I'm sick of seeing Wolverine and Storms domination of screentime, I'm concerned about how hastily everything was done, and that stupid scene with the sentinel head makes me shake my head with sadness, therefor more negatives. Plus I was satisfied with X2. As for SR, I'm really looking forward to see something new and what Singer will do with it. Haven't seen Supes on the big screen for a long time. Supes 2, it's been a while. So SR wins for me.

I'll see both, but I'm more more excited for Superman Returns given the talent involved.

Superman Returns. I'll let you know if I feel the same after watching it.

X-Men 3

But, let me explain a bit...
Superman, even if the trailer was not the best thing around, i believe it will a better movie.
I don´t like the vision, i don´t like the fact that it´s based on something extremely outdated as is the pre-crisis, but it has the better director of both.
And the last time Superman was on the big screen was in 1985.

X-Men 3 looks like, as Kevin said, an uninspired sequel.
It has too many character, and i didn´t liked the bit shown on Leno when Jackman was there (the one where Wolverine rips the head out of the Sentinel). It was badly directed, they tried to mimic the tripods urgency feeling, but failed miserably. And what´s with the Sentinel´s head falling, and Wolverine coming out behind it some seconds later? It didn´t gave the idea of "what happend to Logan?", but rather, was he taking a nap behind the big head?

All in all, X-Men 3 is the last of the trilogy, so, i´ll go with that but i´ll see both.

X3. SR looks pretty boring.

"Quick decision", my rump. Everybody here made up their minds a long time ago.

Superman Returns.

...I have my reasons.

Chris Wallace said:
That's Easy, Since I Don't Wanna See Superman At All.
You screamed that didn't you?

You said that to say what? That it doesn't make sense to make what is essentially "Superman III" 19 years later?

Chris Wallace said:
You said that to say what? That it doesn't make sense to make what is essentially "Superman III" 19 years later?
I think he was correcting Isildur's Heir.

It's cool. We just need to forget about Superman 4.

Isildur´s Heir said:
X-Men 3

But, let me explain a bit...
Superman, even if the trailer was not the best thing around, i believe it will a better movie.
I don´t like the vision, i don´t like the fact that it´s based on something extremely outdated as is the pre-crisis, but it has the better director of both.
And the last time Superman was on the big screen was in 1985.

X-Men 3 looks like, as Kevin said, an uninspired sequel.
It has too many character, and i didn´t liked the bit shown on Leno when Jackman was there (the one where Wolverine rips the head out of the Sentinel). It was badly directed, they tried to mimic the tripods urgency feeling, but failed miserably. And what´s with the Sentinel´s head falling, and Wolverine coming out behind it some seconds later? It didn´t gave the idea of "what happend to Logan?", but rather, was he taking a nap behind the big head?

All in all, X-Men 3 is the last of the trilogy, so, i´ll go with that but i´ll see both.
An "uninspired sequel"? We seem to have very different views on what an "uninspired sequel" is. To me, an uninspired sequel might be a film that picks up on a storyline from a 25-year-old movie, uses the same score, & reuses voice recordings that were made in the 70's, by an actor who is now dead.

Despite being biased towards X-Men films I'll definitely see both.

Chris Wallace said:
An "uninspired sequel"? We seem to have very different views on what an "uninspired sequel" is. To me, an uninspired sequel might be a film that picks up on a storyline from a 25-year-old movie, uses the same score, & reuses voice recordings that were made in the 70's, by an actor who is now dead.
He already said he didn't like the fact that SR picked up the 25yo storyline, etc. That's why he picked X3 in the first place.

Apparently, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"