Batman Returns or Superman Returns?

X2 is teh overrated man. I agree.

Not a bad movie but hey, what's the really special thing about it? The hurricanes scene? While I found X-Men 1 as a very good movie, X2 had more action but less meat to it.

Either way Batman Returns is not overrated!!!

Overrated is when everybody gushes about a movies, singing it praises, but in the process refuses to realise its faults.

If anything Batman returns split the fanbase down the middle -half of us loved it and half of us loathed it !! . Its a pretty controversial superhero movie, and i think, worthy us the recognition it gets after so many years.

@ El Payaso's post....

I'm gonna get flack for this but I'm not an X-Men fan in the slightest...and I didn't really like the movies.

I just find the characters really boring....they just don't grab me the way that Superman, Batman, Spidey etc. do....

Just my opinion though. Sorry to go off topic everyone. :)

I think Batman Returns is better than Superman Returns.
I like Batman better than Superman, and Superman Returns was a boring film (apologies to anyone who likes it, but i found it dull and it tried too hard to replicate the previous Superman films instead of taking the franchise in a new direction).

Batman Returns. What SR brought new to the table was nothing acceptable (Superboy and whatnot). BR however... that was a work of artistic genius on the part of Burton & Co.

@ El Payaso's post....

I'm gonna get flack for this but I'm not an X-Men fan in the slightest...and I didn't really like the movies.

I just find the characters really boring....they just don't grab me the way that Superman, Batman, Spidey etc. do....

Just my opinion though. Sorry to go off topic everyone. :)

No, it's okay. I never cared for them until the first X-Men movie.

Hypertime, what the heck are you talking about in your sig?

Morg unjustly banned an SHH veteran member and my personal friend, Dr. Fate.

Morg's a "he"....

Morg unjustly banned an SHH veteran member and my personal friend, Dr. Fate.

it must have been a Probationary Ban, he just put me on Thread Probation for no real reason, he said it was cuz I forgot to search before making me thread's, but that's just cuz i'm new here, He should have just given me a warning :O

This is a hard one for me.

Batman returns is a childhood memory that I love to watch because of the gloomy feel it gives off, plus Catwoman and the penguin are just sweet.

But I liked Superman Returns also, even though a second time through was just borning as bad place I found it to be a decent film.

But the thing that hurt SR for me was the reuse of old lines and scenes, I hate that!

But BR kept it fresh and moving, SR felt like a rehash of old material with some new ideas that I felt didnt play out that well.

I think SR was hurt big time by the fan boy love, and we know those can be good things like Ramis Spiderman series. His love for spiderman helped those movies (in my opinion) but Singer just put in fan boy and not his director hat in there.

So yeah BR is a better film in that respect.

Because he's a mod :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"