Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: Which version did you prefer the most?

Oh, of course! Yeah, a little like that. I thought you may have meant that or when Lady Deathstrike shoots the dart into Cyclops's suit.

For some reason, I'm not recalling it. May I ask what scene in TDKR?

Freeway chase. Rookie Cop shoots the EMP gun, Batman turns and glares at him, Veteran Cop says to Rookie "Put that thing away before you hurt yourself".

EDIT: What PunyGod said.

Young cop shoots Batman. Batman gives him a stern look. Cop apologizes. During the stockbroker chase.

Freeway chase. Rookie Cop shoots the EMP gun, Batman turns and glares at him, Veteran Cop says to Rookie "Put that thing away before you hurt yourself".

EDIT: What PunyGod said.

Ohhhhh right. Okay.

Young cop shoots Batman. Batman gives him a stern look. Cop apologizes. During the stockbroker chase.

I don't recall this either but after explaining it, it reminded me of the Mrs & Mrs Smith scene when Angelina accidentally throws a knife into Brads leg. He looks down at it then looks at her with a stern WTF expression and then she says......GUESS!

Point being that neither scene is all that original it seems.

holy moley, I can't believe how close the poll is now. one could argue that it is a tie.

DOFP's Quicksilver did have the one more visually impressive scene but I thought the character was extremely cheesy, annoying and looked absolutely ridiculous. AoU's Quicksilver had some solid visual scenes and was just a much better characterization in my opinion.

DOFP's Quicksilver did have the one more visually impressive scene but I thought the character was extremely cheesy, annoying and looked absolutely ridiculous. AoU's Quicksilver had some solid visual scenes and was just a much better characterization in my opinion.

Agreed!

DoFP Pietro ran really fast. MCU Pietro resembled the character I grew up reading.

Winner: MCU Pietro

Fox and Peters'' Quicksilver. It is not even a hard thing to decide. Here is how I can phrase it.

Singer's Quicksilver may have only been a cameo who was (too) conveniently written out of the narrative after his big scene. But Peters' line delivery and charisma during all of his scenes, plus his big moment's wonderfully executed craft, makes me EXCITED to see him in a hopefully larger role for X-Men: Apocalypse.

The more "developed" (though still a cipher) and featured Johnson/Whedon/MCU Quicksilver is supposedly killed off. Which means we will never see him onscreen again after AOU. And I honestly couldn't care less.

That tells me why this is an easy decision.

Fox and Peters'' Quicksilver. It is not even a hard thing to decide. Here is how I can phrase it.

Singer's Quicksilver may have only been a cameo who was (too) conveniently written out of the narrative after his big scene. But Peters' line delivery and charisma during all of his scenes, plus his big moment's wonderfully executed craft, makes me EXCITED to see him in a hopefully larger role for X-Men: Apocalypse.

The more "developed" (though still a cipher) and featured Johnson/Whedon/MCU Quicksilver is supposedly killed off. Which means we will never see him onscreen again after AOU. And I honestly couldn't care less.

That tells me why this is an easy decision.

Indeed. :up:

The alive one wins by default.

Xmen is better I think, however I enjoyed the portrayal on Avengers.. they just didn't develop him enough!

I think this thread deserves a bump since we got more exposition to the character

I think FOX is doing the right thing by expanding on the character. If they had decided to ditch the character it would have been more obvious the original intent was meant as an attack against Marvel's inclusion of the character. I think how both studios seem to be handling it is for the best.

*Note: I haven't seen the new FOX-kids film so I may be giving too much praise to FOX and their characterization of QuickSilver.

I'm surprised this is so close. DOFP QS had so little screentime and one neat slo-mo scene. I actually preferred how AOU QS's speed was depicted; he was fast, but not so fast it killed the tension in any scene, and they made it fun to watch how he would use it in combat. Great costume, too.

Mcu Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch ... Ugh... Good characterization but those ****ing awful accents!!! My god who authorized this...

I appreciated that they tried. They weren't successful, but they tried.

I never had any trouble with the accents as I know a couple of people that talk pretty similar to that.

As for Quicksilver he got even more overpowered in Apocalypse, but I did like his character more this time around.

MCU more good quality, Fox look good too but too over

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"