Rambo

Weren't some seens from the initial footage we got cut out??? I remember one where he gutted the guy in a z shape was seemingly cut out or was it in there.

another scene i thought was cut out was when JR ripped some guys throat out

As far as i remember, both of these scene's were in the cut i saw at the cinema. Both were brutal, but i did enjoy those scene's.

I thought one of the ending shots, with the camera sweeping over the battlefield over Rambo's shoulder was awesome.

At times Sly's directing in this movie was great.

As far as i remember, both of these scene's were in the cut i saw at the cinema. Both were brutal, but i did enjoy those scene's.

I thought one of the ending shots, with the camera sweeping over the battlefield over Rambo's shoulder was awesome.

At times Sly's directing in this movie was great.

Yup, both scenes were in the film. When he enters the one guy's hut while their all watching the girls dance that's when he rips the guys throat out.

The whole Z slice was near the end,
he did it to the 'main' bad guy. Right before he kicks him down that little hill and his guts spill out.

the film has made less than 100 mill bucks worldwide even... it's even a tanker globally speaking after doing some great initial guns...

Rocky 6 made 155 million on a much smaller budget

this hasn't even cracked 100 mill yet

Yup, both scenes were in the film. When he enters the one guy's hut while their all watching the girls dance that's when he rips the guys throat out.

he did it to the 'main' bad guy. Right before he kicks him down that little hill and his guts spill out.
sorry can't remember, did he rip his throat out or did he slit his throat?

Yeah, i remember both parts specifically, they are hard to forget really!

the film has made less than 100 mill bucks worldwide even... it's even a tanker globally speaking after doing some great initial guns...

Rocky 6 made 155 million on a much smaller budget

this hasn't even cracked 100 mill yet

Ratings my friend. ratings.
You can't argue with that.

Also i dunno why but for some reason they didn't have that many showings of Rambo in Holland. But the movie is still going strong , despite limited showings :woot:

The movie's subject matter isn't easy for public consumption. But since it keeps its integrity that makes it a strong picture.

^I dont know, i felt it lost its integrity with the voilence against children scene's personally. I loved the rest of the movie 8/10 for me, but i just could have done without those scene's.

They didnt ruin the overall experience though.

Disney movie, Rambo is not.

Hell, Rambo should be an American euphemism for violence.

Oh, BTW... Rambo May 27th DVD release

Headline: Rambo US details!
13th March 2008
Posted by: Gary Gray

The US DVD release date for Rambo has been set as 27th May.

The release will include:

Disc 1: Main Feature

* English DD5.1 EX Surround
* English and Spanish subtitles
* Audio Commentary by Sylvester Stallone
* Deleted Scenes
* “Legacy of Despair: The Struggle in Burma” featurette
* “It’s a Long Road: Resurrection of an Icon” featurette
* “A Score to Settle: The Music of Rambo” featurette
* “The Art of War: Completing Rambo” featurette
* “The Weaponry of Rambo” featurette
* “A Hero's Welcome: Release & Reaction” featurette

Disc 2: Digital Copy of the feature film

* A standard-definition digital copy of the feature film for iTunes and Windows Media, providing a consumer-friendly way to transfer the feature film from a DVD to iTunes that can then be viewed on a PC or Mac, iPod with video, iPhone or on Apple TV.

^I dont know, i felt it lost its integrity with the voilence against children scene's personally. I loved the rest of the movie 8/10 for me, but i just could have done without those scene's.

They didnt ruin the overall experience though.

That's exactly why had it integrity. The violence was meant to be in your face and uncompromising to give a non sugar-coated idea of what these people have to endure on a regular basis to get people to care more about getting involved in helping...and it's already had the intended effect.

Definitely. Now the cut scene in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" deserved to be cut out. A Robin Hood film should never have scenes of Celts raping children.

That's exactly why had it integrity. The violence was meant to be in your face and uncompromising to give a non sugar-coated idea of what these people have to endure on a regular basis to get people to care more about getting involved in helping...and it's already had the intended effect.

I personally dont think it was necessary, especially when i was holding my 11 week old nephew moments before seeing the movie. People know these things go on, and there are subtle ways of portraying it, in Rambo it was just a bit too much for me.

However, as people seem to not be reading these parts of my posts!!!!! I still loved the movie.

Disney movie, Rambo is not.

Hell, Rambo should be an American euphemism for violence.

Oh, BTW... Rambo May 27th DVD release

Headline: Rambo US details!
13th March 2008
Posted by: Gary Gray

The US DVD release date for Rambo has been set as 27th May.

The release will include:

Disc 1: Main Feature

* English DD5.1 EX Surround
* English and Spanish subtitles
* Audio Commentary by Sylvester Stallone
* Deleted Scenes
* “Legacy of Despair: The Struggle in Burma” featurette
* “It’s a Long Road: Resurrection of an Icon” featurette
* “A Score to Settle: The Music of Rambo” featurette
* “The Art of War: Completing Rambo” featurette
* “The Weaponry of Rambo” featurette
* “A Hero's Welcome: Release & Reaction” featurette

* A standard-definition digital copy of the feature film for iTunes and Windows Media, providing a consumer-friendly way to transfer the feature film from a DVD to iTunes that can then be viewed on a PC or Mac, iPod with video, iPhone or on Apple TV.

I'm looking forward to picking this up and watching it again. Interested in a couple of the DVD extras.

I personally dont think it was necessary, especially when i was holding my 11 week old nephew moments before seeing the movie. People know these things go on, and there are subtle ways of portraying it, in Rambo it was just a bit too much for me.

However, as people seem to not be reading these parts of my posts!!!!! I still loved the movie.

That's why it was rated R. You should also visit www.screenit.com to get a list of all the sex and violence scenes. No, the scene should stay -- shocking as it is. If you think about that it really happens in Burma, perhaps a letter to your local congressman would be prudent. We should help these people.

Bump.

With all the crap going on in Myanmar right now (the Military seizing aid and not distributing it to where it's needed, not letting certain countries workers in), anyone else think this movie will get a more notable press for it's DVD release?

I thought this movie was pretty ridicules, although there were good points.
They are rapists lead by captain pedophile. They seem so obsessed that when bombs and bullets are spraying right next to them taking chunks out the ground and blowing up huts they are raping a woman in the middle of it dono if that was deliberate but it seemed more laughable than shocking.

A lot of the lines seemed cornball and the charecters seem pretty two-dimensional, particularly 24's Paul Schulze blabbing on about killing being wrong. Although it was good scene when Rambo kills the dudes and gave him a reality check by saying they would have raped her 50 times and cut your heads off.

One of the scenes that pissed me off was when he's using the turret on the vehical shooting the crap out of them, it felt disjointed, the camera needed to pull away alittle or use a far shot.

The opening to the movie was great with the mines, that was shocking and kinda set a tone, but after that they kinda went overboard into laugh out loud territory.

It's still better than Rambo III.
Give it a 5.

That's why it was rated R. You should also visit www.screenit.com to get a list of all the sex and violence scenes. No, the scene should stay -- shocking as it is. If you think about that it really happens in Burma, perhaps a letter to your local congressman would be prudent. We should help these people.

I know the movie was rated R, and i know this is what really goes on in Burma at the moment, but as i said, there are more subtle ways of portraying things like this in a movie, and still get you point across.

Lol pointless.

Actually most people have no clue what's going on over there and their government even pays to try and keep it covered up.

This was never meant to be subtle since what those people have to go through is not remotely subtle, it was meant to give a very raw, untamed look at life in Myanmar. It SHOULD be too much for you, that's the entire point. It was never meant to give a polite, acceptable, sugar-coated version of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"