Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally saw this on blu-ray after buying last week, enjoyed some bits better than in the theatre an some bits not as much. For some reason, Dolph Lundgren came off a lot better than he did in the theatre, were I found him a little TOO corny and OTT, also, as usual, the quieter moments came off better at home also, cant wait for a sequel, but at the same time hope Sly calms down a bit with the camera in the fight scene's.

There hasn't been any real news, not since Sly tweeted that he was having dinner with Bruce, discussing if he would be a ''super villain."

Has there not been any sequel talk lately?

I thought I just heard Stallone was checking out locations for the sequel, but can't remember where I heard that. Maybe I'm just imagining that, wishful thinking.

Anyone else hear something along those lines?

There hasn't been any real news, not since Sly tweeted that he was having dinner with Bruce, discussing if he would be a ''super villain."

Has there not been any sequel talk lately?

According to Sheldon Lettich, Sly's not writing the sequel.

EDIT: For clarification head over to the Ask Sheldon thread at The Van Damme Fans.

Last edited:
Watched the DVD last week (after seeing it in the cinema a few months back) and loved it, very old-school film but thoroughly enjoyable.

My Dad (58yrs old) LOVED it!

Yeah, thought we might have heard a bit more about the sequel at the moment, maybe they are taking their time with it which I dont mind, would hate for it to be rushed.

I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't a follow up to this movie. I enjoyed this one a lot.

My girlfriend is gonna give me the blu-ray for christmas! cant wait to watch the 90 minute extensive making of and the Sly commentary!

Haven't watched the commentary yet (need to get around to that), but I did watch the making of doc. The making of was really cool, you should enjoy it

Yeah, thought we might have heard a bit more about the sequel at the moment, maybe they are taking their time with it which I dont mind, would hate for it to be rushed.

I've noticed Stallone, Statham, Li, Lundgren, Crews and Couture's IMDb pages are lookin' utterly empty from early 2011 onwards.

Also noteworthy all of Jean Claude Van Damme's future projects are only cameos.

Bruce Willis has Looper in January. Everything afterwards has no set shooting schedule.

"It all depends on the material. I've known Sly for a long time now and he's a buddy of mine so it all depends on the material,"

The Rock

I think that's a way of saying yes without confirmation.

Speaking of which this movie blu/dvd combo is 12.99 on amazon. I just bought myself a XMAS gift.

Just got around to seeing all three of these. I loved them. Perfect 80's throwback. :ilv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"