Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty cool.....i'll be there for sure. /Film said it perfect...the cast so far is what Inglorious Basterds was supposed to be. :up:

I'd be excited but; Statham + Li = not good movie. Haven't they learned anything from The One and War? :(

But in the other hand, this is Stallone...

Thought Stallone's directing in Rambo was pretty damn good myself, will have to follow this one.

Cool sounding movie, although unless either Statham or Li are the main villain, I don't know if there's enough screen time for all these big-name action guys.

Also, I would like to see who gets cast as "black guy on the team who gets killed first."

Stallone, Statham and Li? Yep, that sounds pretty expendable.

That sounds like Rambo, Commando and The Dirty Dozen where combined into one and impregnated by Chuck Norris.

Warning, fanwanking ahead:

So you've got an east coast American, an Asian and a Brit.

Positions vacant:

The west side American: Vin Diesel
The redneck: Josh Brolin.
The wise Obi Wan Kenobi type: Chuck Norris
The angry black guy: Ving Rhames
The Australian: Russell Crowe
The Frenchman: Jean Claude Van Damme
The swearing guy: Mark Wahlberg
The weird guy: Nicholas Cage

The Michael Bay style control room (I.E. The Rock, Armageddon): Kurt Russell, Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzennegger, Bruce Willis & Ray Winstone.

Villains:

The brains villain: Christopher Walken.
The primary brawn villain: Christian Bale
The secondary brawn villain: Ron Perlman
The tertiery brawn villain: Mickey Rourke
The big eastern European villain: Dolph Ludgren

Narrated by: Samuel L. Jackson

Ideally to give all these guys ample screen time you'll need four films.

Directed by: Sylvester Stallone.

Written by: Shane Black and Clint Eastwood.

Story by: The Thomas Brothers.

Produed by: Joel Silver, Golan & Globus.

Music by: John Carpenter.

Special effects by: Rob Bottin.

Weapons designed by: Winston Industries.

Martial arts fight scene coreography: Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen.

Combat scene coreography: Andy McNabb

Rating: R for graphic violence and heavy coarse language.

Runtime: 200 minutes per film.

Last edited:
this sounds really cool , it would be nice if they brought one or two more action stars in though . there needs to be a movie with a big ensemble of action stars and so far this is it .

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=23813

Sylvester Stallone's THE EXPENDABLES was reported to have attracted Jason Statham and Jet Li last week, and today comes the news that he is courting Forest Whitaker for the flick. In the movie a band of rag-tag mercenaries are on an undercover mission to depose a Latin American dictator and the writer/director/star wants Whitaker to play a devious CIA agent. Stallone also revealed that as per his pact with the gods of false boners, he will in fact be aiming for a PG-13 rating.

Whitkaker= AWESOME!

PG-13= LAME!

While the premise sounds a lot like Rambo, it also seems like it'll be more in-line with the new intense and crazy action movies like Crank/Shoot 'em Up/Smokin Aces/Give 'Em Hell Malone types

Last edited:
When I read that yesterday, it felt like my whole family all took turns stabbing me in the back.

How the hell can someone torture action fans like that?

When I read that yesterday, it felt like my whole family all took turns stabbing me in the back.

How the hell can someone torture action fans like that?

Generic blow em up? Sure

Buddy cop movie? Maybe

A movie about mercs going into Latin America? HELL TO THE MUTHA ****ING NO

It's not even really the gore for me. How do you put all these hardasses together without liberal use of the F-word?

I don't care about F bombs and none of those 3 cuss much in their movies anyway, but I really wanted this to be R-rated.

All the wrong ingredients... this is just one giant monstrosity in the making.

I think it may end up R some how.

I don't care about F bombs and none of those 3 cuss much in their movies anyway, but I really wanted this to be R-rated.

I take you have not seen Jason Statham in Crank. Some of the best one liners in recent history. Very R rated, very finny.

Still, what kind of movie has a South American bad guy and no cocaine in sight?

All the wrong ingredients... this is just one giant monstrosity in the making.

There's only one wrong ingredient. PG-13 (As usual!)

Quick, someone remind Stallone he made Assassins, Judge Dredd and Daylight...

Maybe that'll change his mind!

Quick, someone remind Stallone he made Assassins, Judge Dredd and Daylight...

Maybe that'll change his mind!

He didnt direct those though. He wrote and directed 4 great Rocky movies and a good Rambo movie.

He didnt direct those though. He wrote and directed 4 great Rocky movies and a good Rambo movie.

It was simply a joke.

Stallone has the sense to realize that when you cookie-cut decent story lines, it ends up hurting the final product. Vast changes were made to some of those films such as Assassins and Judge Dredd. Mature and violent storylines need to have a proper 'canvas' in which to exist.

P.S. Even though Stallone only 'directed' Rambo. The Rambo films were his baby! There's always been talk about how much control Stallone had over his films.

There's only one wrong ingredient. PG-13 (As usual!)

War (2007) was God awful... Jet Li can't act in Western films I'm sorry... he may be badass but his performaces are brutal and borderline atrocious... if he is just some bad ass villain/special forces guy then fine. He had zero chemistry with Statham in War... The One couldn't even pass as a cartoon IMO... the only thing this project has going for it is Stallone, who I have faith in don't get me wrong... but the idea of these three guys meshing with one another... because they are bad asses in their own films... doesn't mean this film will be triple badass just by throwing as many names as you can in what probably will amount to be an hour and a half length film.

War (2007) was God awful... Jet Li can't act in Western films I'm sorry... he may be badass but his performaces are brutal and borderline atrocious... if he is just some bad ass villain/special forces guy then fine. He had zero chemistry with Statham in War... The One couldn't even pass as a cartoon IMO... the only thing this project has going for it is Stallone, who I have faith in don't get me wrong... but the idea of these three guys meshing with one another... because they are bad asses in their own films... doesn't mean this film will be triple badass just by throwing as many names as you can in what probably will amount to be an hour and a half length film.

I didnt see War but wasnt Li and Statham rivals not partners?

I didnt see War but wasnt Li and Statham rivals not partners?

True... but you still need that chemistry... long time rivals with a fascinating relationship that finally becomes clear at the end... and no it isn't finding out that they are half brothers thank God... good concept (as Hunter conveniently spoils it)... HORRIBLY executed... as I have come to expect from these cheap budget action flicks these guys star in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back