• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Rank the live action Batman movies including BvS

By overreaction hate I meant because you have BvS ranked as the worst or one of the worst, Which is to me is as silly as your opinion.

I wouldn't say I hated BvS film, but I didn't enjoy it. And it certainly is my least favourite (or maybe 2nd least favourite) out of the Batman films in terms of "would I watch it again and again" kind of thing. At least Batman & Robin is fun purely for how awful it is. I just found BvS really difficult to watch and remain engaged, let alone to be intrigued or even care about what was happening.

However I have a feeling I will eventually rank B'89 and Keaton as the best again...Unless of course Affleck's solo turns out amazing as I think it could be

+1

Last edited:
I may have a batman movie marathon soon and redo my list if I have to

I may have a batman movie marathon soon and redo my list if I have to

Yeah, mine fluctuates between liking Batman Returns over Batman '89. Also, sometimes I prefer The Dark Knight to the Dark Knight Rises... and vice versa. Those are kind of my rotating top four.

I've thought long and hard about this. So far:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman (1989)
7. Batman Forever
8. Batman and Robin

This is my exact list. I haven't see the UC of BvS yet, but I can't imagine that it would make such a difference to leapfrog TDKR for #3.

Batman v superman dawn of justice ultimate edition is my no 1 Batman movie ever.
Critics were dead wrong.

Critics were dead wrong.

I ignored the critic response and saw it anyway. As a general fan of the characters I simply was not impressed with the story. Nor the effects. Or the performances, for that matter. Sometimes people see a sparkly diamond, and sometimes people see a polished turd. You're the former, I'm the latter. ;) It'll be interesting to see if you feel the same way about the movie in 5 years.

I ignored the critic response and saw it anyway. As a general fan of the characters I simply was not impressed with the story. Nor the effects. Or the performances, for that matter. Sometimes people see a sparkly diamond, and sometimes people see a polished turd. You're the former, I'm the latter. ;) It'll be interesting to see if you feel the same way about the movie in 5 years.

Fair enough. I never ever listen to critics. I judge for myself. I loved man of steel. Liked pretty much all of Snyders films and style of filmmaking. Loved the Keaton Batman flicks and also the violent Keaton Batman. Was excited for Affleck after seeing the town and Ben as Batman in pre release Batman v Superman pics and trailers. Seen it in imax at the first Midnight showing the again in Imax the following week and the one last time for a normal showing at a cinema the week after. Brought the making of books and merchandise (Batman only stuff) and pre ordered 4 different editions of Batman v Superman dawn of justice blu rays I'll just sell the movies themselves but keep the other goodies that comes with them. So yeah I won't have a problem in 5 years with this film. The ultimate cut is the best version of this film. Hopefully the ultimate edition helps you enjoy it little more.

Last edited:
So yeah I won't have a problem in 5 years with this film. The ultimate cut is the best version of this film. Hopefully the ultimate edition helps you enjoy it little more.

I meant it'd be interesting to see how you felt in 5 yrs about the movie in terms of where you've currently ranked it.

And frankly, adding more footage to an already bad movie typically won't help it. BvS needs retooling from the ground up. But I will give it a watch just for the extra stuff. ;)

I meant it'd be interesting to see how you felt in 5 yrs about the movie in terms of where you've currently ranked it.

And frankly, adding more footage to an already bad movie typically won't help it. BvS needs retooling from the ground up. But I will give it a watch just for the extra stuff. ;)

True. I might have a new favorite Bat movie in 5 years or how I feel towards it. It sort of changes anyway. I love each of the Nolan films for their own little reasons and the two Burton films for theirs too.
Each have their own perks and downfalls.
At the moment I can't believe we got a more brutal Batman on screen than Keaton Batman. Never thought I'd see that day. Loved the more violent Batman in BvS. It Exceeded my expectations. We might not see a Batman like this again but then again I said that about Keatons Batman and look what we got with Affleck. He will evolve anyway. Which is good.

The half hour of extra footage actually gives the film a better flow and pace along with fixing some of the editing issues. As well as much better character development(especially Clark), nice extra little touches and some more action.

The extended cut really should have been the theratrical cut, The original cut is the one that will go down in history in the critics and general audience minds, which is a shame.

It deserves a view and so please give it a chance, Perhaps it won't be like a whole new movie (although it is for some people) but I'm certain that it'll at least make you rate it a few points higher out of 10.

- The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Batman Begins
- Batman Returns
- Batman (1989)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Batman Forever
- Batman (1966)
- Batman & Robin

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
7. Batman Forever
8. Batman & Robin

The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Batman '89
Batman Returns
Batman '66
Batman Forever
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman & Robin

Batman v superman dawn of justice UE is no 1 at the moment
(Technically Batman 89 followed very closely by Batman Returns will always have that spot because I grew up with that on an endless loop and was my window into Batman so I don't count that as I don't want to be biased towards it).
The nolan films are essentially 3 parts to a complete story so I don't favor one or the other films in that trilogy but love all 3 and was more than I could ask for after Batman and Robin.
I wanted a dark. True to the core, well received Batman trilogy played by the same actor which I finally got.
Those films gave me things that the others didn't that I wanted and now the DCCU Batman films are now giving me something else that I didn't get from all the other films.
At the moment Batman v superman dawn of justice ultimate edition hit alot of things I wanted in a Batman film and isn't that the point of making something new is to offer something new.

1) The Dark Knight
2) TDK Rises / Batman Begins
3) Batman
4) Batman v Superman
5) Batman Returns
6) Batman Forever
7) Batman and Robin

Ranking the actors as Bruce Wayne / The Batman

1) Christian Bale
2) Michael Keaton
3) Ben Affleck
4) Val Kilmer
5) George Clooney

1. Batman 1989
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Returns
5. Batman v Superman
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Batman 66
8. Batman Forever
9. Batman & Robin (though I tremendously enjoy it as a so bad its fun movie)

I'm curious why some others have Batman'89 and BR ranked as their favorites or among the top, I mean because I have my reasons and it's not just because I grew up with them and got me into Batman.

It's my favorite Batman movie of all time, does it really need more explanation than that?

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman 89
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice UC
6. Batman Forever
7. Batman Returns
8. Batman: The Movie
9. Batman & Robin

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman '89
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman Forever
7. Batman '66
8. Batman v Superman
9. Batman & Robin

Just rewatched most of the live action films to keep everything fresh in my mind and so I've redone my rankings.

Batman(1989)
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Dark Knight Rises
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman v Superman
Batman The Movie (1966)
Batman & Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics