Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

I have a question about Ray’s statement. In it, he’s says ‘the investigation was able to expose the racist, coercive, discriminatory and retaliatory behaviour of Geoff Johns’.

He then goes on to ‘While it may be legally and financially safer to quietly phase Geoff Johns out’.

If the investigation found Johns to be guilty of racist and discriminatory behaviour, why would there be any legal or financial trouble in getting rid of him? Surely WarnerMedia would have legal grounds to void/cancel his contract?

I have a question about Ray’s statement. In it, he’s says ‘the investigation was able to expose the racist, coercive, discriminatory and retaliatory behaviour of Geoff Johns’.

He then goes on to ‘While it may be legally and financially safer to quietly phase Geoff Johns out’.

If the investigation found Johns to be guilty of racist and discriminatory behaviour, why would there be any legal or financial trouble in getting rid of him? Surely WarnerMedia would have legal grounds to void/cancel his contract?

Pretty sure Warner deemed it legally and financially safer to quietly phase Ray Fisher out.

Here's the thing. Ray doesnt give a f--- about losing work. If this was about gaining publicity or getting more work, obviously he would have stopped after Whedon/Berg were ousted. Not to mention, Ray did this at the time, when it made least sense for him to do it career wise. ZSJL was coming out, where he is the heart of the movie. He had a substantial role in The Flash, which was about to be a big tentpole. He threw it all away, because he cares about justice. Because accountibility > entertainment. Because pushing these things under the rug, ignoring it happened despite multiple attempts to bring this to light, and PR articles meant to defame you, are just not okay. Ray Fisher is a brave, brave person.

While I'm sceptical over those saying "we will boycott WB", they wont, and those saying "I will cover other films now, not DC", sure as if you're not doing this for your own YT career...thats not what bothers me the most. Its those who keep saying "He will not get anymore work", have a weirdly gleeful tone to their statements. As if they are happy that there will be negative consequences to his career because he dared stepping out of the line, and called out the creators they like, and called out the studio that gives them DC movies. That he is giving DC negative press, when the franchise doesnt need it. I've seen a lot of this, particularly in reddit, and its honestly sad. This is why victims are afraid to come out, because there are people who enable this kind of behaviour. I have a feeling there's a racial element to this blowback towards Ray, but I'll not go into that.

This all could have been avoided if Hamada like a good person, would have not tried to shield his friend Geoff Johns, and instead held him accountable, or atleast try to look into the matter at the right time, and not in a reluctant/half hearted way when he had to. He can still correct this, by making sure Geoff Johns faces the consequences, and by apologising to Ray. I'm pretty sure Ray's only problem is with those 3, and not Hamada, and he doesnt want him fired. I am 100% sure, if Hamada owned up to his fault, he would let this rest.

Have you guys noticed how WB are trying to put this under the rug? Despite finding Whedon and Berg guilty, there has been no public acknowledgement of that from WB. We know how Hollywood is with their fake apologies, but NONE of that. I'm sure that bothers Ray, because that's what he wanted, some accountability. Yet, there's no owning upto their mistakes. I've seen some bs written about how this is just "pc snowflake" Ray Fisher overreacting. Ignoring that horrible sentiment, would you call Jason Momoa that? And yet even he said "Some serious **** went down". Affleck said he was "suffering on the set of JL". Gadot said she faced problems too. Hers were heard because she was their new golden child. Ray Fisher already has enough people backing his claims, and that none of the accused deny his claims, is enough evidence for him. We are not entitled to anything more.

At the end of the day, WB needs to own up. Walter Hamada needs to apologise. Adequate actions need to be taken against the 3 accused, and they need to provide an apology, if not publically, atleast to Ray Fisher and those who suffered. That's the only good way out of this. Also, I'm not the least bit worried about Ray. Zack Snyder will have his back, as long as he is in hollywood. ZSJL will show the world his talent. He will never struggle for work. Disney are smart, they know how to put the knive into WB, they have been doing it for the last decade. They have been poaching WB talent for some time now. My guess? Disney will hire Ray Fisher for some project. Not only will it help their PR image, it will absolutely be a slap in the face to WB.
tenor.gif

Exactly! How TF can this be for attention when he is being dogged and bashed all day and losing work.

independent investigator might have found something substantial.
but it's up to warner media on what they would do with that info right?
and seems like they chose hamada.

Reactions: MbJ
independent investigator might have found something substantial.
but it's up to warner media on what they would do with that info right?
and seems like they chose hamada.

Yes but it doesnt mean that they found anything on Hamada.

I'm assuming he got consent to release that recording lol

I'm assuming he got consent to release that recording lol
We don't even know that the other person in that conversation KNEW that they were being recorded.
If Fisher keeps this up, he is going to find himself in a legal battle with Warner Bros.

If Fisher keeps this up, he is going to find himself in a legal battle with Warner Bros.

It seems to me that's exactly what he wants and exactly what WB is trying to avoid.

We don't even know that the other person in that conversation KNEW that they were being recorded.

We don’t know either way.

He'd be stupid to secretly do it and release it. Of course it doesn't make her look bad but still.

Ray doesnt say anything : "Why's he not saying anything, where's the proof"
Ray provides proof "Is this legal? He should not have said anything".

And round and round we go.

This whole mess could have been easily avoided completely had they never got Joss Whedon to reshoot Justice League movie after Zack Snyder left.

Ditto, they could just take it on the chin and move on. Who cares that BvS had a bad reception, let Snyder complete his trilogy and if JL fails anyway, then it fails. Pick yourself up and carry on. It's a gazillion dollar studio for crying out loud. Justice League wouldn't have been the first or the last bomb WB has had. If nothing else, hope this entire ugly ordeal teaches studios that course correcting while in the middle of shooting can end up being a very bad idea.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he's lying, but if you are going to accuse Geoff Johns of "blatant racism" I'm going to need more to go on than that.

It doesn't even have to be an audio recording, at least give us your own personal recounting of events.

Also, just FYI, Geoff Johns is the reason Ray Fisher even got a part as Cyborg in Justice League in the first place. Geoff Johns is the reason Cyborg was in the Justice League movie. The irony is ironic.

Well if not as Cyborg, Ray would've still been cast in the movie and this whole scenario would've repeated itself. He could've played a raceswapped Barry Allen or John Stewart or any other character instead, and if he was present during the JL reshoots, he would be making the same accusations. So I don't think Johns making Cyborg a JL member is that relevant since Snyder would've just ended up casting Fisher as someone else instead.

As for the "blatant racism", that was perhaps the most curious part for me since I don't believe he's made such inflammatory accusations about Johns before. He did mention once hearing about race being a topic "behind closed doors" between Johns, Berg and Emmerich, but to my recollection he's never accused Johns of racism like this before. Half of that statement was just as much of an attack on Johns as it was on Hamada, so perhaps he's not that satisfied with the "remedial action" taken against Johns.

Last edited:
I think people need to keep in mind that, as ray clearly stated, the hamada conversation did not fall under the investigation’s purview. The investigation only covered what happened on the set of Justice league with johns, whedon, and berg. The things I see this clip doing is showing that ray was cooperating with the investigation, he was being truthful, supported his claims in the investigation, and is credible. One of the biggest things that sticks out to me is the investigators comments on his cooperation and credibility . That goes against the Sept 4th statement from WB in saying that he was refusing to meet with the investigator and he has not provided any credible allegations (edit: which, by the way, the trades are still widely reporting). Mainly it shows that whoever from WB is reporting to the trades, whether it be hamada or someone else, is not beneath releasing falsehoods to undermine Ray and the others that experienced those issues on the set of JL. Some can also see this as a way to back Rays character so that his comments on hamada would be more likely to be truthful. Of course, you could also say that he may have been truthful in one thing and not the other. That’s up to you, and unless a separate investigation is brought in on that or evidence is provided by Ray, it will always be up in the air.

Last edited:
The clip is from a conversation between him and the 2nd investigator, not the 1st that WB accused him of refusing to meet with. I have little doubt about his credibility in terms of being punctual after he finally felt the investigation was unbiased(he apologizes himself in the clip if he was being defensive during the process), providing names and sharing details of his experience, that's like testimony 101, but what did he actually experience on set and how does his dealing with the 2nd investigator prove WB lied in their statement about how he allegedly handled the 1st.

Last edited:
The clip is from a conversation between him and the 2nd investigator, not the 1st that WB accused him of refusing to meet with. I have little doubt about his credibility in terms of being punctual after he finally felt the investigation was unbiased(he apologizes himself in the clip if he was being defensive during the process), providing names and sharing details of his experience, that's like testimony 101, but what did he actually experience on set and how does his dealing with the 2nd investigator prove WB lied in their statement about how he allegedly handled the 1st.

Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.”

The clip was from his interview with the second WarnerMedia approved investigator. The first investigator was provided by WB.

Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.”

WarnerMedia "officially" launched the 3rd party investigation on August 20th, while his first and apparently only contact with the investigator was on August 26th via Zoom call that he said he ended after suspicions of bias. Little over a week later was WB's statement about him not cooperating with the investigator while responding to his prior tweets, based on that he must have not been speaking to the same individual at that particular time that he is speaking to in the clip.

WarnerMedia "officially" launched the 3rd party investigation on August 20th, while his first and apparently only contact with the investigator was on August 26th via Zoom call that he said he ended after suspicions of bias. Little over a week later was WB's statement about him not cooperating with the investigator while responding to his prior tweets, based on that he must have not been speaking to the same individual at that particular time that he is speaking to in the clip.

Wait, so you're saying that "This investigator" is referring to the first one, and not the second? That's a bit of an odd choice considering at no point did they mention the first investigation in the Sept 4th statement. All they talked about was his conversation with Hamada, and how that led to the 3rd party investigator from Warner Media...

Wait, so you're saying that "This investigator" is referring to the first one, and not the second? That's a bit of an odd choice considering at no point did they mention the first investigation in the Sept 4th statement. All they talked about was his conversation with Hamada, and how that led to the 3rd party investigator from Warner Media...

What I'm saying is to me the timing just doesn't add up. Ray was clearly still dissatisfied with how the investigation was proceeding at the time so whatever changed after the WB statement, he clearly wasn't dealing with the same individual from that point on until the end of the investigation, that he was dealing with prior to that. Because of that the comments we hear from the investigator in the clip can't really be used as proof that WB lied about Ray not cooperating between that August 20th/September 4th period since we know that at August 26th he ended the Zoom call with the previous investigator and didn't respond to their attempts to contact him again.

Last edited:
Something resembling a "public apology" is realistically the only kind of "accountability" he could demand from Walter Hamada. Though obviously that won't be happening and after Ann Sarnoff's public support of Hamada, there's nothing to be done about him. With Whedon out and Johns presumably on his way out, they won't start another investigation on Hamada's supposed attempts to sabotage the JL investigation. So unless Ray starts accusing Sarnoff of being an "enabler" too for defending Hamada, this is really the only kind of public comments he could keep making about him. I don't see him stopping and since he made it abundantly clear last time that race allegedly played a big part in this whole ordeal, I fully expect him to start dropping more "bombshells" about a week from now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"