Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

The whole “taking my ball and going home” thing is pretty transparent. He wasn’t giving WB an ultimatum. It certainly looks like he was shown the door, or at least told his demands weren't going to be met.

He’s lashing out, albeit with a fairly articulate veneer. And his need to lash out now is pretty telling. WB isn’t trying to avoid public backlash. They’re just done dealing with him.

And of course he’s still being super vague, using broad "inflammatory" language.

There’s no lawsuit against him because A, they probably aren't hurting all that bad from his vague allegations, and B, that would almost immediately make them look guilty.

There’s no lawsuit against him because A, they probably aren't hurting all that bad from his vague allegations, and B, that would almost immediately make them look guilty.

Yeah I often see the argument that if they aren't guilty of the accusations, how come he hasn't been sued for defamation yet when obviously it's about the optics. Nowadays anytime a small-time actor makes a public accusation regardless if there's any evidence for it or not, the general public would always automatically assume it's a case of David, the little guy who's telling the truth, going against Goliath, the wealthy and powerful establishment that wants to bury the truth. If you're a public figure in 2021 there doesn't seem to be much advantage to stand up in front of the world and proclaim that no, you're not an abuser or no, you're not a racist or an enabler, because then you need to prove your innocence, instead of the accuser needing to prove your guilt.

Whatever the truth is here, I'm sure this was a case of the lawyers telling the accused to shut up and lay low and that the company would presumably handle it.

Yeah I often see the argument that if they aren't guilty of the accusations, how come he hasn't been sued for defamation yet when obviously it's about the optics. Nowadays anytime a small-time actor makes a public accusation regardless if there's any evidence for it or not, the general public would always automatically assume it's a case of David, the little guy who's telling the truth, going against Goliath, the wealthy and powerful establishment that wants to bury the truth. If you're a public figure in 2021 there doesn't seem to be much advantage to stand up in front of the world and proclaim that no, you're not an abuser or no, you're not a racist or an enabler, because then you need to prove your innocence, instead of the accuser needing to prove your guilt.

Whatever the truth is here, I'm sure this was a case of the lawyers telling the accused to shut up and lay low and that the company would presumably handle it.

In the US, if you sue for defamation or libel, you have to be able to legally prove damage from the statements.

Ultimately, how much have Fisher's statements truly damaged WB or DC Films' bottom line?

Not remotely. Even those who stand with Fisher will be watching ZSJL.

That's kind of why no legal action is being taken against Fisher right now. He's barking and making some noise, but he's more or less been a minor nuisance.

So, even if Geoff Johns were to for example try and sue Fisher, Johns would have to be able to legally prove that Fisher's comments damaged his career and standing in the entertainment community. He'd also have to be able to prove that Fisher's comments were false legally in a court of law.

Also, if there was a lawsuit, that means there would be legal discovery, and both sides would have to disclose and obtain evidence. That means looking at emails, text messages, etc. etc. And some of that could then become public record as part of the court system.

I do think it has negatively impacted WB’s enthusiasm for the movie. It seems like it’s just being dumped on HBO Max with zero fanfare.

Wait though, people are suddenly blaming WB but before they weren’t the ones releasing it, it’s Warner Media. So if it’s that the case they have no control over its release or how it’s marketed. So people can’t blame them for mismarketing it.

Just because marketing hasn't started yet doesn't mean there won't be any. King Kong vs. Godzilla didn't even have a trailer before yesterday's, while the SC had that teaser back at Fandome.

I think majority of the promotion will be through twitter/ig and TheCW. Definitely wont be any talk shows goin on.

Yeah, i doubt there will be any talk show apperances or so.
But they will do a bit more promotion the closer they get to releasing it.

Actually I believe Sean O’Connell from CinemaBlend said there will be promotion like that so you might get Zack or somebody on Jimmy Fallon or something

“Jeph Loeb told the writers room not to write for Nobu and Gao…and this was reiterated many times by many of the writers and showrunners,” [Peter] Shinkoda said. “He said, ‘Nobody cares about Chinese people and Asian people. There were three previous Marvel movies, a trilogy called Blade that was made where Wesley Snipes killed 200 Asians each movie. Nobody gives a sh*t so don’t write about Nobu and Gao.'” As a result, the storyline was dropped."

‘Daredevil’ Actor Peter Shinkoda Claims Jeph Loeb Made Anti-Asian Comments – Deadline

People know what was said, in what way the folks in power are unfair and why, specifically, it's a problem. Fisher often refers to one-to-one convos that don't involve the crew, so he could do sth similar. Haven't heard of any lawsuits against Shinkoda. I don't know how unprotected the crew would feel if they were to be alluded to namelessly when they've already been asked to partake in an investigation. Fisher doesn't "owe" details, but if he's serious about the importance of accountability and he wants to make an accustaion fairly and intelligently, context would probably help his cause more than umbrella terms.

This, pretty much. Do I demand that Fisher provide evidence? No, that's an unreasonable expectation outside a courtroom. However, he damn well should provide actual *allegations*. A claim that isn't specific enough to even theoretically be verified? Is worthless. And given the only times he's trended into specific claims have blown up in his face ( the color correction bit )? Is why I am very dubious there is any "there" there. He either has the worst PR advisers ever, or he knows that if he gave specifics about his grievances, 90% of everyone would write them off as "That's not abusive, that's just bad luck". "Not getting script control" is not a racist abuse, and neither is a new director coming in to fix a dumpster fire in a way that doesn't flatter your creative sensibilities/Snyder fandom.

( Though I will be fair, I don't think Ray Fisher is intentionally being manipulative and deceptive. He just has convinced himself that his various grievances really are about racism, and so his cause is righteous. )

What was this about? The original tweet is deleted.

He responded to a fan that on Sept. 8 he offered Ray to write the foreword for his book about the Snyder Cut and Ray declined because "it wasn't the move for him right now" and since he couldn't do it they decided to do the book without a foreword. Apparently it turned out he got it wrong when he was going through their text thread and instead what Ray actually declined was to show up on a CinemaBlend video.

Last edited:
So someone publicly misquotes Ray, but Ray is the bad guy for telling him to take it down?

Lol, some of y’all will look for any reason to hate him.

So someone publicly misquotes Ray, but Ray is the bad guy for telling him to take it down?

And some of you just jump to his defence no matter what. It’s not like the misquote was in anyway damaging, he clearly didn’t need to react the way he did. He literally could have DMd Seam but instead he chose make it a public bashing knowing full well what his cult of followers are like. The man seems to enjoy dragging people on socials.

I hope the snyder cut people are now not gonna turn on Sean O Connell. He’s been supporting this whole thing all along.

Jeez man, that seems so unnecessarily hostile towards someone whose supporting his cause.

I've been on Ray's side pretty much through all of this but this did feel unnecessarily hostile.

And some of you just jump to his defence no matter what. It’s not like the misquote was in anyway damaging, he clearly didn’t need to react the way he did. He literally could have DMd Seam but instead he chose make it a public bashing knowing full well what his cult of followers are like. The man seems to enjoy dragging people on socials.

His reaction was not that big of a deal. If Sean can publicly tweet about a private conversation, the Ray can publicly respond.

Y’all talk about Ray not having thick enough skin, but then get all tight over a tweet because it wasn’t nice enough lol.

Sending a DM would be professional and not draw any attention to himself so not going to happen.

His reaction was not that big of a deal. If Sean can publicly tweet about a private conversation, the Ray can publicly respond.

Y’all talk about Ray not having thick enough skin, but then get all tight over a tweet because it wasn’t nice enough lol.

Lol sure, he unnecessarily drew attention to it like he’d been quoted as saying something terrible. It was a hostile reaction over something very small.

Sending a DM would be professional and not draw any attention to himself so not going to happen.

Exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"