Ray Stevenson

B

Batman2011

Did you know that some people are complaining about Ray Stevenson even though the movie hasn't been released yet? All of this Ray Stevenson bashing is ridiculous because it's mostly coming from these Tom Jane fanboys who can't get over the fact that Tom Jane isn't The Punisher anymore.

They say "Stevenson just doesn't have the look" and that's stupid because Ray Stevenson looks Frank Castle from Punisher Max. Tom Jane is a washed up actor because after The Punisher (2004) he just did video game voice acting and that's it. These Jane fanboys need to get over it.

Ray Stevenson will wipe the floor with Tom Jane. And i liked Tom Jane.

Did you know that some people are complaining about Ray Stevenson even though the movie hasn't been released yet? All of this Ray Stevenson bashing is ridiculous because it's mostly coming from these Tom Jane fanboys who can't get over the fact that Tom Jane isn't The Punisher anymore.

They say "Stevenson just doesn't have the look" and that's stupid because Ray Stevenson looks Frank Castle from Punisher Max. Tom Jane is a washed up actor because after The Punisher (2004) he just did video game voice acting and that's it. These Jane fanboys need to get over it.
Its not really like that anymore.It seems like with this movie, just about everyone is supporting ray other then a couple of jane fanboys also alot of people are now talking about how much ray looks like castle.

Stevenson plays a gladiator on HBO's ROME hes a natural for the part, plus he looks like tim bradstreets MAX covers

Stevenson plays a gladiator on HBO's ROME hes a natural for the part, plus he looks like tim bradstreets MAX covers

...he also has certain aspects of the renditions of Mike Zeck, Goran Parlov, Ariel Olivetti, and John Buscema.

Ray Stevenson is awesome and in person is intimidating already, very nice guy. He's built to punish the corrupt, can't wait to see how he plays Frank Castle/Punisher.

Its not really like that anymore.It seems like with this movie, just about everyone is supporting ray other then a couple of jane fanboys also alot of people are now talking about how much ray looks like castle.

I think people who initially bashed Stevenson initially have been drowned out now since clips have been released, and people looking at the work he has done and realizing he is probably the best guy out there to play Frank.

Also, Rome was a hell of a good show, and he was the best part of it with Kevin Mckidd.

I thought Tom Jane was a great Punisher and I like him a lot as an actor. I was pissed when he didn't come back but Stevenson looks great as the Punisher too. All three actors have portrayed the Punisher and looked like their comic book counterpart for the time period. I don't think anyone on here has complained about Stevenson not looking like the Punisher. A few of us were pissed they recasted. But out of all the negative things I said about this movie, he's the one thing that looks great.

I dont know why but i never bought jane looks wise as the punisher

I dont know why but i never bought jane looks wise as the punisher

Same for me as much as I like Tom Jane as a actor he's just not the Punisher to me. Ray has the look and demeaner of Frank Castle.

I love them both.

Though, I think I like Tom's Punisher voice more.

yea jane's voice was badass
cold and raspy
sorta like eastwood

anwho stevenson is looking awesome as the new punisher
can't wait to see him dropping bad guys left and right

Really? I thought that jaded, emo kids loved it, and everyone else saw that it was an slightly-above average movie with a ending contrived purely for maximum emotional impact.

Last edited:
Emo kids were never the audience for this movie, Punisher: War Zone on the other hand is sure to have plenty of those young wipper snappers in attendance.

But pretty much I'd say 80% of the people that didn't like the ending, didn't get it. While it is a fairly Rod Serling-esque ending, the main thing most people that liked got from it was the message of the loss of hope.

I guess with a $25 million box office run, nobody was the audience for the Mist. At least emo kids can put their parent's hard-earned money towards Punisher War Zone.

With a $18 million budget and November release, not to mention $53.1 million worldwide, it's not too bad.

Horror fans are *******s, we/they ***** and moan about the lack of originality, remakes and the SAW films. But when something original gets released that's based on a good Stephen King story, has a great director like Frank Darabont at the helm and a genuinely great cast (Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Toby Jones, Andre Braugher, Jeffery DeMunn, William Sadler) not enough people see it. It breaks your heart.

With a $18 million budget and November release, not to mention $53.1 million worldwide, it's not too bad.

Horror fans are *******s, we/they ***** and moan about the lack of originality, remakes and the SAW films. But when something original gets released that's based on a good Stephen King story, has a great director like Frank Darabont at the helm and a genuinely great cast (Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Toby Jones, Andre Braugher, Jeffery DeMunn, William Sadler) not enough people see it. It breaks your heart.
Well as a horror fan too,I have to agree with you.Everybody will complain about wanting something fresh and when it comes,it flops.:huh:The Mist,GrindHouse,The Ruins,The Devil Rejects and DoomsDay should had done better at the BO.

Emo kids were never the audience for this movie, Punisher: War Zone on the other hand is sure to have plenty of those young wipper snappers in attendance.

But pretty much I'd say 80% of the people that didn't like the ending, didn't get it. While it is a fairly Rod Serling-esque ending, the main thing most people that liked got from it was the message of the loss of hope.

I understood the ending. I know why the filmmakers chose that, I understand the emotion and stuff behind it... but that didn't stop me from absolutely hating it.

At least the original story had some faint hope, the movie's ending was just bleak and made me feel like crap.

That was point of it, I felt like crap too after the movie. You're obviously apart of the 20% that got it but didn't like it. But you also gotta respect the fact that it was bleak, how many Hollywood movies do you see that are as bleak as that, Darabont even took a budget cut to do that ending.

It's the antithesis of Kings ending and you could say your typical Frank Darabont film ending too.

That was point of it, I felt like crap too after the movie. You're obviously apart of the 20% that got it but didn't like it. But you also gotta respect the fact that it was bleak, how many Hollywood movies do you see that are as bleak as that, Darabont even took a budget cut to do that ending.

It's the antithesis of Kings ending and you could say your typical Frank Darabont film ending too.

True enough. I honestly did not expect it to go down like that. It is a break from typical happy endings, pretty risky, and I suppose it did pay off...

But I like happy endings. :woot:

I understood the ending. I know why the filmmakers chose that, I understand the emotion and stuff behind it... but that didn't stop me from absolutely hating it.

At least the original story had some faint hope, the movie's ending was just bleak and made me feel like crap.

I liked the Mist a lot and the ending is not what I was expecting. but it's funny how people piss and moan about the typical "Happy Hollywood Ending" and then here come a movie that said not happening and people piss and moan. :nono:

It felt like it was trying way hard not to be a Hollywood ending. I mean, he shoots his kid? Why? I'm assuming to get a more emotional reaction. I'm suprised they didn't bring a puppy dog with them too he has to shoot, to really drive the point home. And Ohhh.... he doesn't have enough ammo for himself after he's done shooting up the seniors, his new girlfriend and his kid. Darn. But hey, the mist is gone, they've been driving the wrong way, movie's over!

Oh, and to really drive the point home, everyone who abandoned and turned on them (except that one mother who went for her kid) are all ok, they got rescued and so would he have if he stayed. Just overkill.

Never even seen the Mist. Too many of my friends said it was like Phantoms, Dawn of the Dead, mixed with the Fog. Didn't sound like a good mix of "something original", so I avoided it. I'll watch it one day, the spoilers dont even bother me.

Back to Stevenson, anyone tell people who are curious that the new guy playing the Punisher to check out HBO's Rome series, and had those people return to say how awesome he was in it? My buddy dropped the cash on both Box sets after I suggested it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"