IGN Exclusive: Frank Castle Speaks!

Yea according to IMDB she's doing a house divided , but she better post some pics soon or shell be releasing a film to a "fan base divided."

EDIT

This was posted a few hours ago Stevenson talks about Warzone a little in this article. Sorry if it's been posted before.

http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/news/29/27229.php

Ray Stevenson said:
Ray Stevenson: Oh, so the second one. This is the big misconception. People have been throwing numbers at this thing, saying we were Punisher 2, and I'm going, 'No we're ****ing not. We're Punisher 3.' But who's counting. This is a complete reinvention of the wheel, as it were. This is going right back to the Max series, I think the fans are really going to love this. I was so thrilled, and so humbled to be involved in this. I find it hard to talk about it, because I'm so excited about it. Warner Brothers are excited about it, Marvel is excited about it. I'm just completely jazzed about it. They showed me some poster ideas, which Tim Bradstreet himself had done as well. I think it's going to be something really really special.

Do you have any word on when a trailer might be coming out for that?

Ray Stevenson: I was shown a teaser that Lexi just put together, and (Laughs). What can I say. If you're a fan of the comic books, if you like this genre, I mean, this is an R-rated Punisher War Zone. We're not a $100 million, blow everything up type of movie. The War Zone happens internally as much as it does externally, and I think the fans of the comic book are as much into the psyche and the psychology and the philosophy behind these characters as they are into the action set pieces. I think they deliver on all levels.

Do you have any idea when we might see that teaser

Ray Stevenson: I don't. I don't, unfortunately. Put a call through to Lionsgate and see if they're going to release any trailer. I don't know. We're just in post-production.

Well? Any thought? Wait did he say Warner Bros?

Or she could be busy editing the film... doesn't she also have another movie that she's directing right now?

precisely... the film is still in post-production. i rather wait until they have something solid to show us.

i checked out the editor for the film and it's william yeh. turns out he also edited equilibrium and ultraviolet. the first is one of my favorite films and the latter was the same director's bigger budget attempt at a similar concept but turned out to be a lot worse. now i'm going to have to watch both of them again and pay close attention to the cuts and the editing and pacing. that stuff can really make or brake a film, maybe not to hardcore punisher fans who care more about details of the character, but overall the editing plays a big part in how watchable the film is going be.

random fact i just saw on imdb, william yeh was also a production assistant on the 1994 fantastic four film... ha! maybe he's into comics.

Ray Stevenson: I was shown a teaser that Lexi just put together, and (Laughs). What can I say. If you're a fan of the comic books, if you like this genre, I mean, this is an R-rated Punisher War Zone. We're not a $100 million, blow everything up type of movie. The War Zone happens internally as much as it does externally, and I think the fans of the comic book are as much into the psyche and the psychology and the philosophy behind these characters as they are into the action set pieces. I think they deliver on all levels.

nice to hear that there's a teaser, but if lexi put it together, it might be one that never sees the light of day. either way, this and the mention of bradstreet posters, means we're a lot closer actually seeing something more solid...

precisely... the film is still in post-production. i rather wait until they have something solid to show us.

i checked out the editor for the film and it's william yeh. turns out he also edited equilibrium and ultraviolet. the first is one of my favorite films and the latter was the same director's bigger budget attempt at a similar concept but turned out to be a lot worse. now i'm going to have to watch both of them again and pay close attention to the cuts and the editing and pacing. that stuff can really make or brake a film, maybe not to hardcore punisher fans who care more about details of the character, but overall the editing plays a big part in how watchable the film is going be.

random fact i just saw on imdb, william yeh was also a production assistant on the 1994 fantastic four film... ha! maybe he's into comics.

I liked equilibrium as well especially the gun-fu. So should we consider the extra time in post production a good thing?

I liked equilibrium as well especially the gun-fu. So should we consider the extra time in post production a good thing?

editing is a very tedious process, depending on the shooting ratio (ratio of the amount of footage shot to the lenght of the final cut). it's only been 2 months, editing on some films goes on for several, but this isn't that big of a film. if lexi put together some sort of a teaser to show around, it probably means that we're not far off from seeing one ourselves.

It really doesn't take that long to cut a teaser trailer.

****, most teaser trailers don't even use actual movie footage anyway. You could cut it before production even friggin starts.

punisherwl6.jpg

GAHH!! Why do they keep hanging the Bull$hit off all the guns! Are they trying to get the movie to bomb. Mabey the movie company thinks the more $hit they hang off the cooler it looks but its dumb and ruins the original look of the guns. Did they even hire a weapons expert for this movie or did they just hire some dumb redneck that likes to hang a bunch of shiney $hit off guns.:cmad:

it better than that one pic of the .50 magnum hand cannon with the skull logo on it...I cant tell but is there a scope on the side of the guns in the new pic?

it better than that one pic of the .50 magnum hand cannon with the skull logo on it...I cant tell but is there a scope on the side of the guns in the new pic?

Unfortunately it looks like he has those "skull canons" in the red pic where his arms are crossed.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"