Re-Start or Hulk 2?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Bad Superman, Feb 13, 2006.

?

Which one would you prefer?

1. Re-Start the franchise

2. Hulk 2

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sava

Sava Dont cry, my dear

later on?... Hulk needs all the help it can get, Abomination is the perfect character to be in a sequel, they get the story right and the action. It will really help the franchise.

2. November Rain

November Rain Single Mother

I've read posts by other hype members on this boards showing potential how a film could be done without another monster (per say) in order to keep the hulk as an unique entity and i think it would work...

there are things one must consider with the abomination in the hulk films. Since i believe is one of the best adaptations of a comic characters to a real lie envrionment, one then comes to question if this realism is to continue, then what is likely going to be the fate of abomination. Is he going to be killed off as another villain or kept. Even so would that not lead to some sort of super soldier refinement serum or something along those lines?

At this stage of the day potential problems (and also the interaction between full cgi characters for long spans of time) may cause more problems than solving them.

so in saying this, i think a good story can be whipped out without an external monster source for hulk to battle being used.

however if abomination was used i would also like to tie in the possible radiation poisoning that led to Betty Ross' death being blamed on the hulk. That would be nice but again that's for later on and i envision it happening in the fourth film.

but if it never lasts till then then i don't mind as long as it doesnt finish on a whimper.

3. Sava

Sava Dont cry, my dear

i agree with everything you said... there could be a great Hulk film without another monster in there..but, we all know that Marvel are going for action in the sequel. I like the idea of Radiation poisoning for Battey, i always liked that story from the comics.

4. BHD

BHD Welcome to my world

start over. i thought hulk was a good movie, but not good in representing the comics

5. S_H_F_4839

S_H_F_4839 Hulk Smash

I would like to see a Hulk 2 made.

Villans should be Atheon, Leader, Abomination.

Hero's added would only be Doc Samson.

supporting characters, Rick Jones added, to Betty and General Ross.

and The Hulk is the main character but you would not necessarily need to see him for the first twenty or thirty minutes, build up the fact that the military not to mention atheon are searching trying to find him because neither group truely belives him dead. When Atheon can't find them, they sanction bringing in the second in the field that banner was working on, his old college rival Sam Sterns, they were both competeing for the grant to berkley banner got it and Sterns has held a grudge, he rushes his research and when they test it on Emil Blonsky, who is secretly working for Ross to keep an eye on Atheon.

Doc Samson is Harper psychiatrist, because he still blames himself for the accident that caused bruce to change. He would meet Betty after Harper finally talks her into seeing him.

Doc Samson is a result of a second experiment when he is captured by the abomination trying to break into atheon's labs.

Sterns becomes the Leader when he thinks he has isolated what is required to keep the intellegence and the strength together but it doesn't work and he becomes the leader.

Rick Jones and some friends seeing how much money people like Knoxville and Margera made doing stunts are trying a similar thing but went to south america to ride the rivers there, Rick gets separated from the group and the one that finds him is Banner.

This is just a brief summary of the story I wrote as a direct sequel last year.

6. DTX

DTX Destined To Xtremity

Let's see a SEQUAL, here ladies!

7. \S/JcDc\S/

\S/JcDc\S/ Registered

A sequel without rehashing the tired background story would be nice. Also, I'd like to see a different looking Hulk.

8. zanos

zanos Registered

Quite frankly I think a restart is the only way to go to eliminate the stench of the first film from ppl's minds. The idea is to get box office. It's a much bigger gamble to make a sequel out of a horrible film that a majority of the public didn't like. Not to mention you're also going to have a harder time finding a quality director to follow in the footsteps of a bad film.

9. Spoarz™

Spoarz™ Auteur Extraordinaire

I'd much rather see a sequel to Hulk than a restart, just so long as they bring back the same cast.

10. fangrl06

fangrl06 Registered

A restart to Hulk? that would bomb worse than the first.

11. IronSpidy

IronSpidy Registered

Start over. Everything new. New cast, new Hulk.

12. Class100strngth

Class100strngth "Superman is unbeatable"

Restart for sure , the move wasnt that bad though

13. IronSpidy

IronSpidy Registered

I too would like to see a diffrent looking Hulk. Do you guys think a gray Hulk has a chance in the next movie?

14. realestmutant45

realestmutant45 Registered

Gonna make a Hulk 2.

15. Wolverini

Wolverini Registered

Restart ... no Ang-Lee Hulk 2.

Hulk sucked as a movie. Dragged on WAY TOO long ... ashame really ... I kinda liked the character in the comics

16. Robot Komakino

Robot Komakino Registered

17. HulkofSteel

HulkofSteel Registered

Hulk 2. We don't need another origin story. Ang Lee set the table with the first movie. Now it's time to serve the main course. The inner turmoil is good, but there needs to be more action and rage to go along with it. The Leader and Abomination would be perfect to get ole Green Skin going.

Oh, and if Hulk happens to find himself on the back of a jet again, don't allow a little cockpit canopy to keep him from getting inside. Hulk can demolish a tank, but he can't pop the top off of an F22? Come on...

:hulk:

18. Sabretooth

Sabretooth Registered

they might just go with the late sequel. It's happening with Superman,Basic Instinct,etc. And at least with the late sequel we won't have to worry about them ****ing up the origin again.

19. El Payaso

El Payaso Registered

Hulk 2.

But as November Rain said, if they're gonna make a comedy because of a sudden 'drama fear' or an action average film because of 'movie with a brain fear', they better do Daredevil 2.

20. Atomic Crusader

Atomic Crusader Registered

The first film was so unique that its hard to imagine a sequel carried on in the same manner. It would be great if they would bring back the same great cast but give it the full-on action treatment, like Terminator 2.

21. webhead731

webhead731 I'm a photographer

I might like a Hulk II. A restart could be good in a way, but it might be a little confusing for some younger kids. And when a friend and I want to watch Hulk, I would have to ask, "Which one? Ang Lee's Hulk, or [Blank's] Hulk?"

LOL! Maybe a Hulk II will be better.:)

I liked Hulk, even though it took like a half hour to see Hulk, and the final battle was a little confusing at the end, but it's still one of my most favorite movies.:hulk:

22. Cosmic

Cosmic Mystic

I think they should just go ahead and restart the damn thing. It's not going to come out for so long that they're going to have to do a complete recast, anyway. And we already know they want to change some things.

It's safe to say that they don't want to make another Ang Lee Hulk movie. So start over, start fresh, quicken the pace, get rid of "repressed memories," and build a quality film franchise that will last for years.

23. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

When a first movie disappoints, chances are people aren't going to want to see a sequel.

24. Trooper

Trooper Registered

hulk was a good movie no need to restart

25. Octavias

Octavias Mad Insomniac

I still say restart. Lee actually got a lot right with the emotional aspect, but he tried to cram decades of revelations and concepts into one movie. The first movie really should have focused on the man of science who disdained violence, who lived a controled life, who always thought his way out of problems dealing with the loss of that control and reliance on primal instincts to survive as well as the people around him desperately trying to subdue and/or anhialate him out of fear of something so powerful and uncontrolable. there was just so much more crammed into that movie that you get a three hour piece done with ten hours of material. moreover, they sold it as an action piece but it was a real thinking emotional movie.

At this point with the way the first movie ends, there are two real options, take it into TV as a series like the old one, where he goes town to town hiding from the Govt and helping people out, or redo it with a better set up for a movie franchise.