Reactions from the "general public"

TNC9852002 said:
The trailer was shown in front of Phat Girls and ATL at my theater too...Which is good news for the audience in my area since they've been the two biggest movies at our theater this weekend..

-TNC

What? :p

WorthyStevens4 said:
Yeah...our theater is in the metro Detroit area, so... :p :D

Maybe, Ice Age was #1, maybe Phat Girls, then ATL, Take The Lead, Inside Man, then Benchwarmers, then Lucky Number Slevin in that order for this last weekend...

-TNC

Take the Lead, Phat Girls... wow, the sucky movies are the most popular there. :p

Yep...I say that every weekend.. :(

It's sad that X3 won't be as big here as ATL or Madea's Family Reunion..

-TNC

My dad thinks it looks really cool, my younger brother who is an X men fan but hates a lot of the movie incarnations (primariyl Ice man) thinks Angel should not sound like a nasselly jewish kid. But he's kinda mean spirited that way.

TNC9852002 said:
Yep...I say that every weekend.. :(

It's sad that X3 won't be as big here as ATL or Madea's Family Reunion..

-TNC

Hey, Family Renunion was pretty good though. :)
Perry's stuff is hilarious.

I have a friend that is not into anything hardcore like me but she likes hearing and watching my films that I recomend. She is pumped about X3 but even more so for Superman Retuns.

At least she's pumped for X3. :)

>>Slice of Sci-Fi
Download Slice of SciFi Show #52!
Hugh Jackman keeping busy with scifi films despite turning down 007 role<<

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/archives/slice_of_sci-fi_052.html

I just downloaded and listened to this show. The three hosts talk about different things, and the subject on this show is Sci-Fi. They talk about Hugh and his upcoming movies at about 15 mins. into it. His part lasts about 5 mins., about 15-20 mins. into the show. You MUST listen to what they said about X-3 - seeing the commercials on TV, etc. The hosts were all REALLY excited. Scroll down to the "download slice of SciFi show # 52" link and you can listen to it.

Nice find. ;) Downloading it now.

Right after the full trailer was released, I showed it to a collegue at work. Some other guy came walking in, and when he saw what we were watching he said something like "Oh man, another?!". After the trailer was done, he said "Awesome!" :p

WideAwake said:
Right after the full trailer was released, I showed it to a collegue at work. Some other guy came walking in, and when he saw what we were watching he said something like "Oh man, another?!". After the trailer was done, he said "Awesome!" :p

Funny how people have pre set ideas about stuff. :)

Yeah, but it's funnier that after seeing 2 minutes of footage, his opinion had completely changed ;)

wow. i just listened to that podcast. although they had little to say about x3, they sure were creaming their pants over the trailers. another interesting point is the tidbit about the wolverine prequel. has it been confirmed that the story is a wolverine origin deal. I thought it might be a weapon x deal. i guess that could be a part of the origin, but isn't there some story from way before that. i thought wolvie was like 150 years old. a wolverine origin coul possibly take place in the 1800s. that'd be strange.

WideAwake said:
Yeah, but it's funnier that after seeing 2 minutes of footage, his opinion had completely changed ;)

I love it when that happens. Opens their mind hahaha

I showed my mom the new Beast pic in his office, she was like "okay, can I go back to work now?". :ghost: Then I showed her another pic of Beast from the comics and then she was surprised. ;)

Mr Lex Luthor said:
I showed my mom the new Beast pic in his office, she was like "okay, can I go back to work now?". :ghost: Then I showed her another pic of Beast from the comics and then she was surprised. ;)

Suprised like "Wow he does not match the beast from the comics!"?

No, surprised like they're both blue. Yeah, she likes the transition from the comics to movie..

Mr Lex Luthor said:
No, surprised like they're both blue. Yeah, she likes the transition from the comics to movie..

OK cool.....

Peters response to the X3 trailer......

whooa9yc.gif

migs said:
wow. i just listened to that podcast. although they had little to say about x3, they sure were creaming their pants over the trailers. another interesting point is the tidbit about the wolverine prequel. has it been confirmed that the story is a wolverine origin deal. I thought it might be a weapon x deal. i guess that could be a part of the origin, but isn't there some story from way before that. i thought wolvie was like 150 years old. a wolverine origin coul possibly take place in the 1800s. that'd be strange.
my bet is the movie would span 3 generations of his past... covering origin, his japanese days, and his weapon X, leading up to where we met him in X1... id like to see the movie come in different flashback settings that all fit together to tell the story.

villains i'd see... sabertooth, silver samuari, and omega red

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Based on the trailers (and I suppose all the other publicity, i.e. posters), what reactions have you witnessed from people of the "general audience" so far (obviously meaning people who aren't 'X-Men' fans)

I have 2 experiences, myself.

-My friend, who isn't a very big X-Men fan at all, and not a huge fan of the movies, when I watched the new trailer on TV when it premiered, I was at his house and he watched it with me. He said that he thinks it looks like the best one, and now he's actually really interested in seeing it. I talk to him about this production a lot, since I'm an obsessed geek and all, but now he doesn't want me to talk about it anymore. Not because he's annoyed, but because he wants to see the movie for himself, and doesn't want it to be ruined.

-I showed the trailer to my mom that night when I came home and immediatley downloaded it. She likes the movies, and always watched the cartoons with me when I was growing up, but it's hard to say that she's an X-Men fan. But after the trailer was over, all she could do was look at me, and say (in an excited, very interested tone) "Kill me?! OOOOHHH!"

Have you guys personally witnessed any general audience reactions?

your mom is the coolest chic ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"