Reactions from the "general public"

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Nell2ThaIzzay, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Optic Rage Registered

I showed it to about a dozen of my friends who were really impressed[most watched the cartoon growing up]

I filled them in on the whole cyclops/mystique.charls thing and its turned quite a few of them off.

The Majorty Liked Angel and Jean a lot....most of them didnt like the look of beast tough.

2. GoldGoblin Registered

Everyone I know who aren't X-Men fans really took notice of Angel,with his wings popping open,and him jumping out the window and flying away.

3. TNC9852002 Banned User

:eek: :eek:

Wow..

-TNC

4. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

LOL..your new avvy cracks me up TNC...:up:

5. Avalanche Tremor

I showed a couple of my female housemates the trailer and they both liked the look of it. Notably Angel. Must be the pretty wings.

They then proceeded to get annoyed by my repeat playing of the trailer at full blast through my surround sound. "It sounds like thunder!"

6. Supreme Power Registered

:eek: Friggin cool man :eek: :up: I would love your job!!!

7. LEX Registered

Yeah, Angel seems to have got a lot of attention from the audience. Totally seized Phoenix's thunder. :o

8. Avalanche Tremor

In fairness, the trailer didn't show Phoenix doing an awful lot. The only intense scene with her was the scene of her lifting the Professor out of his chair.

9. LEX Registered

And the "kill me" part. :up:

10. Proteus-X312 Registered

Wow all positive reactions.I can't wait to see V for Vendetta to see how the audience will react.It's all even better since it will be on the big screen.
    I'm totally pumped about this movie.I'm a HUGE X-Men fan and own many X-Men comics,games,cartoons and X1 and X2 movies.
    It's strange how we can speculate about X3 and the deaths and Phoenix and the fate of the X-Men.It's hard to speculate about these things because so much is at stake which makes it very unpredictable.Right now I think that anything can happen.Even Gambit could happen.

11. TNC9852002 Banned User

Just one more week.. :D

-TNC

12. Electrix Registered

Friend 1: Told me the trailer was out! Told me! :eek: (Even though I knew and had watched it that day numerous times) Its his birthday the day after X-Men 3 is released so we'll go see it then. He liked the 'battle' and Juggernaut/Kitty.

Friend 2:
    Saw X-Men 2 with me. As soon as I send him the link he said 'Ooohhh!' After watching he said he was excited and then asked me a few things. (Cured Mystique, Phoenix etc)

Friend 3: I sent him the videos of the Angel stunt a few months ago and was amazed by what they did, and felt like he knew a bit of the film. Interested in the war and liked the Juggernaut/Kitty race.

Friend 4: Said he likes the X-Men, watched the first half of the trailer and thought it looked 'boring' so I told him all the action starts after Angel juimps out the window. He rewatched it and now cant wait, asked when we were going to see it.

13. the a1ant Awesome

"What did I think about it? I'm trying to watch the movie, man!" :mad: :p

14. Long_Live_Remy Registered

I showed the trailer to a few friends of mine on my iPod and we watched it on the TV show Attack of the Show, and they were all blown away by it. The only news they had heard before now was they switched directors and they thought it was going to suck. Now, because of that trailer, they said they are definately going to see it, and one of my friends is actually going to the midnight showing with me. So I'd definately say that the trailer is influencing the public :up: .

15. TNC9852002 Banned User

I loved that multiple layered ORLY gif, so it motivated me to create that one there..

-TNC

16. Karea07 Registered

My siblings are really excited, I used to watch the cartoon with my siblings (thats all really) A lot of my friends are excited as well.

17. gap5ewl inconspicuous since '03.

i just showed my mom and she got all happy that dark pheonix is in it. She goes dark pheonix is in it!?!?!?!?!? wowowowow coool! lol

18. Storm22 Registered

My friends who saw it loved it. I showed it to my younger sister(17) who liked X1 and X2. She was really tired and cranky and didn't want to come all the way upstairs to watch it in my room, I eventually persuaded her, with her moaning "if I watch it will you shut up about it?!" I obviously wasn't expecting much but she loved it! She perked up when she saw Mystique(her fave character) and she even asked to see it again.

19. N_z0 Registered

Was this the video that i took? The one where Angel (and the rest of the action) is sooooo far away that i had to give a head's up to people in which direction to look. :p The one where i (we) got caught and had to turn off the camera?

:D Good times.

20. ILuvCyclops Stark Industries

My boyfriend says it looks too over the top, but that's just him, i guess.

21. taintedFB Registered

HOnestly, I think after this movie Fox is gonna want to sign Ratner for X4!

22. Neto Magnus Registered

that avvy looks strangely familiar.

23. Blackpanther22 Registered

I showed it to acouple of people and they liked it. But most have no iaea what it's all about. Most to none had seen the animated cartoon & the previous films.

*sigh* I will drag some of them with me on may 26, maybe i can teach them a little something about the X-men. They already say i'm obsessed just because i check these forums evrytime we're in the lab at achool!

24. Halcohol Suit up

It's kind of strange how the X-Men trailers will get people all pumped up... I remember waiting online for the new X2 trailer to come on, I watched it a half-dozen times and called my brother in to see it. I've never seen him that psyched before, and I can't think of any other movie preview that will make people be more excited than to say "Huh... didn't know they were making that... cool."

25. TNC9852002 Banned User

LOL...I think the photo that I used is some of your handywork..

-TNC